What's new

How UK is becoming American. British People adopt more and more Black Friday

bullshit.
Everybody likes discount.. its an american marketing invention but suitable for any country that celebrate chrismas in a big way.
It makes perfect sense to have holiday buying more speardout and done a bit early so that people can spend more.

Call it brownday... and use another day like monday .. as long as it is near chrismas and you give deep discount, you will succeed.
disclosure: Did buy a few things... :)
But the fact of the matter is that, just like Halloween, the British have adopted an American holiday verbatim. I have no doubt this is down to the multinational corporations relentless lust for profit but that doesn't change the facts.

Full disclosure, I'm a little annoyed I didn't exploit the sales further, only bought a few t-shirts.

Why go out during black friday. Shop online ! :coffee::lol:
today is 'cyber monday' ... :p:

But the fact of the matter is that, just like Halloween, the British have adopted an American holiday verbatim. I have no doubt this is down to the multinational corporations relentless lust for profit but that doesn't change the facts.

Full disclosure, I'm a little annoyed I didn't exploit the sales further, only bought a few t-shirts.
this year its going to be a very good year for retailers as consumer confidence is high, this is first such year after 2007.
After bloodbath on highstreet last year, I hope this year is good for business.

today is 'cyber monday' ... :p:

Several years ago I went out with some of my American friends during Black Friday , plus I wanted to experience this American custom. So anyways, my buddies and I left our apartments at around 4 am and camped out in the BestBuy store close to where we live. It was around -3 C (with wind chills). Waited for over 3 hours. I got a cold and sick afterwards and ever since then, I never went out on Black Fridays.

It ain't worth it, yo.

:lol:

Several years ago I went out with some of my American friends during Black Friday , plus I wanted to experience this American custom. So anyways, my buddies and I left our apartments at around 4 am and camped out in the BestBuy store close to where we live. It was around -3 C (with wind chills). Waited for over 3 hours. I got a cold and sick afterwards and ever since then, I never went out on Black Fridays.

It ain't worth it, yo.

:lol:
its as much the excitement and anticipation. People line up for rock concert tickets, iphone launch etc what is special about black friday.
The only disgusting bit is lack of crowd control, the corporates are actually happy that news is showing people fighting for things they sell, because its free publicity.
I am pretty sure somebody will be fatally injured in the stampede, and when that happens, hope the store manager is booked for criminal negligence.

its as much the excitement and anticipation. People line up for rock concert tickets, iphone launch etc what is special about black friday.
The only disgusting bit is lack of crowd control, the corporates are actually happy that news is showing people fighting for things they sell, because its free publicity.
I am pretty sure somebody will be fatally injured in the stampede, and when that happens, hope the store manager is booked for criminal negligence.

LOL. that's what i realized when i camped out last time, some people brought with them coffee mugs, snacks, blankets, heck even portable beach chairs ! I was so angry at my buddy John for not telling me to bring a coffee mug. LOL. The spirit of competition is strong tho, when the doors opened, people literally ran to the electronics sections, fighting over what limited units where of Xbox One, or PS4s, et al.

:lol::D

bullshit.
Call it brownday... and use another day like monday .. as long as it is near chrismas and you give deep discount, you will succeed.

Cyber-Monday!!!!!

No queuing for me. Got some stuff off Amazon.

Now we wait for American retailers to launch boxing day sales in America!!!

Back
Top Bottom