What's new

How to tackle Pakistan's growing security challenges

Please explain why other than the reasons i gave?

We already have already scaled down the cargo to Afghanistan.

I know there is pressure to ship more oil to Afghanistan but situation is still in Pakistan's control and can be reversed any time.

First of all:

A) If Pak reduced /Stop any export from its Border , then US will use Soviet Route for Supply and Afgan Govt. use Iran Route for supply. Indian made port in Iran is operational and road link from port to Kabul also made.

B) PAK cannot do any strike in AF because PAK given reason for not taking action again PAK Taliban because of its capability and if it hits AF then they have to take action on their proxy Pak Taliban.

Either one of two options:

1- Surgical strike on Norther Alliance Palaces and their ammunition dumps.

2- Seal borders with Afghanistan, at least vehicles or cargo movement shall be restricted to absolute zero.

With solution 1 the NA sympathizers in Pakistan will make trouble and it ought to trigger diplomatic row with Iran.... so I guess solution 2 is more suitable in given circumstances.

Borders can be re-open when all TTP leaders being handed over to Pakistan by the coalition forces.

yes Batman its shias that have been creating trouble in Pakistan, i love the way you are spinning it, except all terrorist activities in Pakistan were and are Wahhabi Taliban Al Qaida Terrorist whole world knows the truth you trying to point fingers at the shias who has been at the receiving end of Most terrorist attack is disgusting and makes you look like terrorist sympathizer.But since you have a solution and we all no Arabs are behind Taliban and AL Qaida so lets have that diplomatic row with them first since you are Man of action.

Pakistan needs a proper strategy in the war on terror. Our targets should be clear and focused.

I propose 3 things we start doing immediately:

1) Instead of aiming at lower ranking Taliban fighters we should aim at the Commanders. Killing or capturing them should be our primary concern. We slay them their enterprise collapses. All their carefully crafted plans, everything. We take down their leadership before they can plan, attack we keep them on the backfoot. Which means a lull in suicide bombings.

2) We have to destroy their suicide bomber training facilities. We found entire training facilities and hundreds of suicide jackets when we went into South Waziristan in 2009. We have to ensure we stop the spate of suicide bombings and killings going on in the country. Fine we have too much on our hands and can't go after those attacking NATO why aren't we going after those attacking us.

3) Target the Pakistani Taliban. Target the TTP. I don't care if we ignore Haqqani or Nazir. At least go after the ones that kill your people. Even India is ensuring the protection of its own people. Only we can't. Look how India is going after the Italian marines in their dispute with them and how we pathetic Pakistanis gave up on Davis when he killed our people. Our government can't protect us from the Taliban nor the Americans why is it elected.

Please explain why other than the reasons i gave?

We already have already scaled down the cargo to Afghanistan.

I know there is pressure to ship more oil to Afghanistan but situation is still in Pakistan's control and can be reversed any time.

1. If you are talking about surgical strikes into Afghanistan, the retaliation will be brutal and swift. The short version of that was seen in Salala.. Remember, when you are sending in assets into Afgh, you are sending them up against NATO and not ANA

2. Sealing of border is not practical by the sheer nature of the porus border you have with Afg.. It will take years to ensure the infrastructure that will allow for such a sealing

1. If you are talking about surgical strikes into Afghanistan, the retaliation will be brutal and swift.

Pakistan has evidently already launched many strikes against the TTP safe havens in Nuristan, Kunar Afghanistan, & won't hesitate the need to do so if it feels the need to; while Salala was apparently an accident as indicated by ISAF. So there is no comparison between the two scenarios.

Pakistan has evidently already launched many strikes against the TTP safe havens in Nuristan, Kunar Afghanistan, & won't hesitate the need to do so if it feels the need to; while Salala was apparently an accident as indicated by ISAF. So there is no comparison between the two scenarios.

The comment I was responding to wanted Surgical strikes against Norther Alliance Palaces and their ammunition dumps (which pretty much means attacking the govt of Afghanistan and not some random safe havens of TTP)

I believe the best option is still to either eliminate the TTP through military action or push them into Afghanistan and let ISSAF and US deal with them.

Attacking non Taliban target will require approval from political leadership and I don't see that happening.

I believe the best option is still to either eliminate the TTP through military action or push them into Afghanistan and let ISSAF and US deal with them.

Attacking non Taliban target will require approval from political leadership and I don't see that happening.

They have already been pushed into Afghanistan for the most part, & they infiltrate into Pakistan's Western borders whenever they attack the tribal areas/KP.

I don't understand what you are saying. What objective has the US achieved? How has India 'won' in Afghanistan, when the Karzai government is under threat of getting toppled over any time? It seems to me like no nation (Pakistan, Afghanistan, US, India) has won, that everyone has canceled each other out. If there is any victor, it is the Taliban in Afghanistan (even though they've "taken hits").

Compare the influence that Pakistan had in Afghanistan from the period 1992 to 2001 and compare it to now... In future too Pakistans role in afghanistan will be under scrutiny from international community and will never reach the influence that it had in the earlier days , So effectively it means Pakistan has lost more than it has gained in the past decade or so !!!

Back
Top Bottom