What's new

How to sink an AirCraft Carrier

:azn:i think cruise missiles can destroy an aircraft carrier! like Babur cruise or Ra'ad....:pakistan:

Provided Thay can Hit a Moving target like an Air Carft Carrier.
IMO, a Nuclear Torpedo may be the best option ; what else they are designed for ?

yes a nuclear torpedo is best option and even if it is intercepted and destroyed the resulting nuclear blast would raise 100 m tidal waves enough to overwhelm the whole carrier group

What a great topic no seriously people all around the world come to this website to get Defence info and what they see is oh so Def.Pk is talking how to takeout a carrier niceeeeeeeeeee.:disagree:

What a great topic no seriously people all around the world come to this website to get Defence info and what they see is oh so Def.Pk is talking how to takeout a carrier niceeeeeeeeeee.:disagree:

a) Stealth (Come in do the job and you go home )
b) Nuke (Carrier is out of comission stranged or sinking)
c) Conventional Missiles (8-10 min carrier is piece of junk in ocean)
d) Airforce Option (hmmm who wants a long dog fight not me)
e) Submarine Option(sneaky option, I always find submarines sneaky)
f) Act of God (well you could have an engine failiure on Carrier)

lol

But Carriers are tricky opponents specially if they are on defensive formation with 4-5 support boats - with Surface to Air Missiles , and
Anti Submarine options

Not INVINCIBLE but with right combination of tactics , airforce, navy its doable -

Luckily our defensive strategy , is quite solid - and we have too many option on table to give our one specific approach to solve the issue , its a very dynamic problem that can be solved with the most .. simple solution

thru Peace

Last edited:
At least talking how to take out a carrier is better than telling imaginary stories, which are also present on the same forum. The American carrier force appears to be invincible because after the 2nd world war, it has not faced any formidable enemy in a real war. During the Cold War, the WARSAW Pact always had plans how to take out the USN’s carriers.

I think this discussion is for regional neighbours who have Air Carrier and who are focued on attaining 1 more in next 5 years

I doubt even if whole European Union , joined up they won't be able to do much vs US , or at least it would be some what of an even contest

US just has 50 years , lead vs rest of world when it comes to Carrier force, they just spand so much on R&D over decades , that every one will not even catch up to them even if few nations buy 1-2 Carriers by cash

May be Russia vs US is more even match like in old days when Rocky used to go against , Russian boxers

These two countries are some what equal and their way to tackle the issue is different ...

For Pakistan our only concern is our next door neighbour as we did get a naval blockade in 70's

So that 1 carrier is surely a task that Pak Navy/Airforce can handle for sure

Last edited:
I think this discussion is for regional neighbours who have Air Carrier and who are focued on attaining 1 more in next 5 years

I doubt even if whole European Union , joined up they won't be able to do much vs US , or at least it would be some what of an even contest

US just has 50 years , lead vs rest of world when it comes to Carrier force, they just spand so much on R&D over decades , that every one will not even catch up to them even if few nations buy 1-2 Carriers by cash

May be Russia vs US is more even match like in old days when Rocky used to go against , Russian boxers

These two countries are some what equal and their way to tackle the issue is different ...

For Pakistan our only concern is our next door neighbour as we did get a naval blockade in 70's

So that 1 carrier is surely a task that Pak Navy/Airforce can handle for sure

Dear Sir not one carrier , You should say 3 carrier. Vikrant is already there , Gorxkov is coming very soon,and i guess not 5 yrs less then 5 yrs third one is indigenous built . And possibly 4 th from royal navy if india think they need more, Simply because we have money and cay buy as many we want. So in reality be prepared to fight 3 carrier.

Mouse is the only solution.Send a spy mouse inside the ship which will make hole inside.

Dear Sir not one carrier , You should say 3 carrier. Vikrant is already there , Gorxkov is coming very soon,and i guess not 5 yrs less then 5 yrs third one is indigenous built . And possibly 4 th from royal navy if india think they need more, Simply because we have money and cay buy as many we want. So in reality be prepared to fight 3 carrier.

Why you guys like to say things that is not even there? One means one!

Oh well will see when you have it in hand - for now I heard Russia put an ad in Russian news paper

FOR Sale Section Classified www.ebay.ru

Aircraft Carrier , was previously built for India , they did not paid , and also did not sided with Mother Russia , looking for new party to buy this Carrier will ship free with 2 Russian Migs , hurry sale won't last - Just pay shipping cost , will deliver.
Shipping cost is remaining bill that India did not pay.

Russian do not like to haggle for Price , pay 2 billion dollar the Carrier is yours
For 200 million we give you fancy fishing boat, Carrier cost 2 billion

* Limited time only , buy 1 get second free

Last edited:
It is an old story. Just about any type of ship besides a Ohio Class Battleship or Nimitz class supercarrier is sinkable with two or three 250 Kg warheads. The issue of course is how to deliver those warheads. The chinese have some very quite (In electric mode) diesel/electric submarines that have penetrated CBG's before. It would be a suicide mission, since they would have no chance of surviving afterward, but it would be doable.
Sit at the bottom of a straight somewhere, wait until carrier is overhead, fire of torpedoes until the ASW craft spot you. Then maybe pray to your respective deities/party leaders. Fairly simple.
Also, mini-subs towing large charges/mines would work well while the vessel was in port.

I think war games in the 80's showed that so long as the bears fired enough "kitchen" cruise missiles, 1-2 was bound to get through out of 50 or so. Countermeasures have since improved, but so have cruise missiles.

Long story short, carriers are actually very vulnerable, assuming that you are willing to take heavy losses, and that your enemy is unsuspecting.

During wartime, different story. CBG commanders are not stupid enough to take their prized possession into enemy infested straights, and the local air dominance implied by the presence of the CBG means that getting 30-40 heavy bombers in range to fire a barrage of cruise missiles is probably not an option.

So, what to do? Well, you do what the USN did at midway, you set a trap. You provide a nice juicy target that looks mostly undefended, then you send in waves of fighters, bombers, and submarines to shock your way through most of the defenses.

Of course, the US had already broken Japanese Naval Codes, while the Japanese had not returned the favor. So, if you have information dominance, I think sinking a Carrier is doable. That or a surprise attack. Otherwise, you can assume that the CBG C.O is not going to risk his carrier unless he stands to make a substantial return.

Oh well will see when you have it in hand - for now I heard Russia put an ad in Russian news paper

FOR Sale Section Classified

Aircraft Carrier , was previously built for India , they did not paid , and also did not sided with Mother Russia , looking for new party to buy this Carrier will ship free with 2 Russian Migs , hurry sale won't last - Just pay shipping cost , will deliver.
Shipping cost is remaining bill that India did not pay.

If you guys like to make joke you are free to allow. But for me its a reality that in very sort term India will have 3 AC.

If you guys like to make joke you are free to allow. But for me its a reality that in very sort term India will have 3 AC.

k k man , I do know India is making some carriers good for them it would be interesting to see the dynamics of the region in 5-6 years time

I beleive Viraat would be retired when russian AC gets inducted . So effectively it would still be just one carrier .

Back
Top Bottom