What's new

How to join Pakistan Army?

They are actively looking for gumps: Those who are ready to get killed soon.

Join and see!

We received our cousin without a face last year.:pakistan:
thats the life of a soldier dear... and NO not every dude is sent to the operation Rah-e-Nijaat... if you love your life better take up a office job... but still you have chances to be ran over by a fast car or just the everyday drive-by shooting

dont love your life... it will be much easier this way!!! :)

i applied for technology officer posts in army.. i did passed all I.Q n academic tests . unfortunately my eyesight result was 6/6 for right n 6/36 for left eye. they said i m unfit. even i can see clearly with glasses. is it can be a rejection reason??? plz guide.
you can go to the medical appeal board for that, i dont know if you can appeal against a preliminary medical test as well or not, the best shot will be go to the AS&RC and ask or if you got someone that you know in GHQ make them ask the directorate that deals with such things.... or simply visit a doc. in CMh n ask him (the timings are different for civilian patients)... please keep one thing in mind if the 'medical appeal board' declares you unfit you will be considered unfit for any job in army or navy or airforce, throughout your life!!!

one thing i would want to join the army but dur to my smokeing habbit i think they would not let me in.... plus my past carrer i was in NATO servise served for 4 years in the canadian forceses ... would they allow me in?

if you were in NATO do you possess pakistani nationality as well??? if yes i think they will consider you (unless you are 'over-age')

smoking aint a big issue, if you are medically fit they wont have a problem with smoking!!! but getting selected aint that easy around 3000-4000 guys appear everytime and hardly 300 get through!!!

i applied for ICTO this April, I Cleared all exams including Verbal, Non-verbal , Academic n Personality Test. after test i went through Medical test, they said that my right eye is 6/6 but my left eye is 6/36 , they reffred me to CMH for detail checkup, doc at CMH declared me as fit. when i submitted letter from CMH to AS n RC , clerk of AMC there behaved rudely with me and said that u r unfit. u may go now. so i want to inquire about eye vison requiremnt for technolgy officer. and also want to inquire that is this type of behaviour will increase able candidates faith in ARMY???

Last edited:
remember that IQ tests were tough enough that only 14 candidates were passed through out Hyderabad , Major Mansoor at AS 7 RC was seems sad over very low appreance of candidates a Hyd, he told us a very low num of candidates came at Hyd centre, very low number of candiiates after Chitral centre. rejecting any able candidate just because his left eye is -2.0 is really a cruel fact, even he never used glasses as he never needed to use. as candidate is applying for a Technolgy Post not a field post rejecting just because of -2.0 is really very cruel. isnt it friends???

i applied for ICTO this April, I Cleared all exams including Verbal, Non-verbal , Academic n Personality Test. after test i went through Medical test, they said that my right eye is 6/6 but my left eye is 6/36 , they reffred me to CMH for detail checkup, doc at CMH declared me as fit. when i submitted letter from CMH to AS n RC , clerk of AMC there behaved rudely with me and said that u r unfit. u may go now. so i want to inquire about eye vison requiremnt for technolgy officer. and also want to inquire that is this type of behaviour will increase able candidates faith in ARMY???

Are you sure - the doc told u that you are FIT ?

Go to ASRC again and meet the Incharge who is Lt Col - tell him details and he can help you. You can meet him there is no restriction.

Else write a detailed letter to Adjutant General, GHQ, Rawalpindi and send through mail or TCS.

You will get the answer.

NCOs do not decide in Pak Army about fitness.

i m sure about it. i dicussed report with other offcials before submitting it to As n Rc, all said it shows u r fit.
even in advertisement it is written that they require minimum of 6/9 , 6/12 with or without glasses i m 6/6 with right eye without glasses n 6/6 with left eye with glasses. they do not have any reason to delcare me unfit. really its confusing for me

i m sure about it. i dicussed report with other offcials before submitting it to As n Rc, all said it shows u r fit.
even in advertisement it is written that they require minimum of 6/9 , 6/12 with or without glasses i m 6/6 with right eye without glasses n 6/6 with left eye with glasses. they do not have any reason to delcare me unfit. really its confusing for me

Do as I suggested in last post

Last edited:
i am doing enginering in first year right
can someone please explain as to what i can be in the army which includes both combat and defense enginnering??
i heard something about a assault engineering battalion
can we choose which battalion to joib??

can someone please explain as to what i can be in the army which includes both combat and defense enginnering??
yes you can, you can join in as a technical cadet

follow this link Join Pakistan Army

go to inductionc-> technical cadet course for further information

In what discipline you are doing Engineering ?

yes you can, you can join in as a technical cadet

follow this link Join Pakistan Army

go to inductionc-> technical cadet course for further information

thank you very much i was searching for this from a very long time

i was wondering when we finish this course is our rank a captain or major?
and what is our pay?
and can we join some weapons research team or organisation like NESCOM or DESTO???

thank you very much i was searching for this from a very long time

i was wondering when we finish this course is our rank a captain or major?
and what is our pay?
and can we join some weapons research team or organisation like NESCOM or DESTO???
you will be given the rank of captain after completion of Technical Cadet Course

i am not sure about the pay as there aint anything on the web nor the military personals i know gave me any clear answer but it would be around 28k

you are sent to various courses by army itself sometimes even abroad but it depends upon your performance, if you have to join some research team, i dont think it will be easy as army doesnt trust foreign organizations (increase the chances of a security breach) but you can ask for permission from the GHQ but its upto them to decide!!!

Back
Top Bottom