What's new

how the US invasion transformed Iraq from a secular westernized advanced country into a theocracy

Oh please. The GW1 ended in 1991. Iraq was a better place than what it is now. The Iraq before the American invasion of 2003 was a lot better than the Iraq today, half of which is controlled by ISIS. There was no al-qaeida or religious maniacs running riot. In fact, Saddam was the sworn enemy of Al qaeida. Taking out Saddam Hussein was solely responsible for the subsequent power vacuum, and chaotic descend into theocratic madness. It was USA's single biggest blunder in living memory.

Iraq's invasion of Kuwait is not what is responsible for the rise of ISIS and the destruction of Iraq as a coherent nation. It was the American invasion.
You interpret events your way. I -- my way.

Lesson for despots: Stay inside your borders. :enjoy:

If Saddam Hussein did not invade Kuwait, thereby creating suspicions throughout the ME, then maybe Iraq would not be a theocrazy.

Lesson for the all the despots out there: Stay inside your borders. :enjoy:

And if you do not learn this lesson, you will get your comeuppance. :D

Saddam was very close to the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas though.
You are wrong
Saddam was secular baathist dictator (Muslims call him Islamophobe) does not support MB or HAMAS (Islamist) but PLO fully.

And if you do not learn this lesson, you will get your comeuppance. :D
Some lessons for Americans too (But Syrian situation proved that they are not want to learn)
Don't listen MIC neither surplus budget made by Bill Clinton ended up in huge deficit in George W. Bush era :lol:

You start a thread then you call none Iraqis to it?!!.

Iraq was hell during saddams regime believe or not that's your busuiness.

yes some of the arabs and muslims would tell you how Iraq was an oasis and piece of heavin and peacefull country.

the most funny thing is that you call it secular westernized ((( advanced ))) peice of crap and bs.
Westernized is wrong word but secular for sure.
Saddam deal with iron hand anyone who oppose him, be shias, kurds or sunnis.
But shias suffered most due they mostly opposed him due to his minority sunni sect ruling Iraq & Kurd suffered most due to different ethnicity. Sunni was also not spared who opposed them.

You interpret events your way. I -- my way.

Lesson for despots: Stay inside your borders. :enjoy:
Lesson for USA: Don't rush into places where angels fear to tread. Look after your own country, instead of trying (and failing) to spread democracy.

If Saddam Hussein did not invade Kuwait, thereby creating suspicions throughout the ME, then maybe Iraq would not be a theocrazy.

Lesson for the all the despots out there: Stay inside your borders. :enjoy:
especially the usa!!!... if we stayed within our border, half of our problems would vanish.

Lesson for USA: Don't rush into places where angels fear to tread.
That is the angels' problem.

Look after your own country, instead of trying (and failing) to spread democracy.
The failure of democracy to take roots in the ME means the people there are not capable of democratic principles, not the failure of democracy in itself.

Why US does not stay in her borders?
Because despots do not stay in theirs. :lol:

Some lessons for Americans too (But Syrian situation proved that they are not want to learn)
Don't listen MIC neither surplus budget made by Bill Clinton ended up in huge deficit in George W. Bush era :lol:

Westernized is wrong word but secular for sure.
Saddam deal with iron hand anyone who oppose him, be shias, kurds or sunnis.
But shias suffered most due they mostly opposed him due to his minority sunni sect ruling Iraq & Kurd suffered most due to different ethnicity. Sunni was also not spared who opposed them.
Saddam yes was secular but Iraq wasn't advanced in his days at all.

Saddam destroy the country with his cowardliness.

Today his gangs still spreading chaos in cooperation with the others to bring back the rule of minority something will never ever happen.

Lesson for USA: Don't rush into places where angels fear to tread. Look after your own country, instead of trying (and failing) to spread democracy.
Nah,They don't spread democracy,That is just one of dumb exuses they often use,They are the biggest dictators supporter and weapon provider.How many ME dictators are under US's protection?They always do things they think fit their profit.It's always profit,not some dumb exuse like democracy,that is just merely a way to persuade some US dumbo people to support the war.Only morons believe in that.

Last edited:
The failure of democracy to take roots in the ME means the people there are not capable of democratic principles, not the failure of democracy in itself.
No, sir you are wrong it's not the people it's the terrorism and their supporters don't like to see no democracy in the middle east that's for sure.

That is the angels' problem.

Because despots do not say in theirs. :lol:
Its now a fact that Democracy in Middle East is injurious to mankind still wants & spreading democracy in Syria ;)

Saddam yes was secular but Iraq wasn't advanced in his days at all.
Saddam messed up in Kuwait so with crippling sanctions Iraq was in condition of Iran I agree but no ISIS that time.

Saddam destroy the country with his cowardliness.
Mostly if not every dictator do the same, they put forword own interest before nation interest.

Today his gangs still spreading chaos in cooperation with the others to bring back the rule of minority something will never ever happen.
Most of his loyals are his personal loyal not Baath party's ideology so they pick every branch which gives them money & power.
Iraq so called democratic government did same mistake which Saddam did. Now it comes rule of majority which divides Iraq in sectarian line & its profit gained ISIS in the face of Sunni's support.

Don't listen MIC neither surplus budget made by Bill Clinton ended up in huge deficit in George W. Bush era

That is the neat thing about lessons taught by international geopolitics. The lessons are learned whether one wants to or not, no matter who it is, including USA. Only those who adapt move forward.

That is the neat thing about lessons taught by international geopolitics. The lessons are learned whether one wants to or not, no matter who it is, including USA. Only those who adapt move forward.
Some time short term gain prevail over last time hard learned lesson.

Back
Top Bottom