What's new

how the US invasion transformed Iraq from a secular westernized advanced country into a theocracy

Everything about Iraq was better back then...

yes and now we have mullahs and ayatollahs

Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

back then secular

2000px-Flag_of_Iraq_%281963-1991%29%3B_Flag_of_Syria_%281963-1972%29.svg.png

now Islamic

iraqflagimage1.png

Last edited:
USA is the source of the pain of ME people.They supported good Tyrants and good terrorists(good to them and bad to their enemy).They simply made up a ridiculous reason to invade Iraq,and supported IS which is both a part of Syrian rebel organization and terrorist organization, since IS was aginst asad so it was a good terrorist organization just like AlQaeda even some of those terrorists kill people and eat their hearts I remember.And of course USA was,is and will be the biggest tyrants and
Terrorists supporter and weapon provider,no need to say more.

Last edited:
If Saddam Hussein did not invade Kuwait, thereby creating suspicions throughout the ME, then maybe Iraq would not be a theocrazy.

Lesson for the all the despots out there: Stay inside your borders. :enjoy:

If Saddam Hussein did not invade Kuwait, thereby creating suspicions throughout the ME, then maybe Iraq would not be a theocrazy.

For first Gulf war this explanation is satisfactory but for second invasion ?

For first Gulf war this explanation is satisfactory but for second invasion ?
Does not matter. Doubts were created and entrenched. Keep in mind the second invasion was after a decade of constant low level conflict with Saddam Hussein.

Bottom line for despots: Stay inside your borders. :enjoy:

You are shameless Gulf war and iraqi war is two different things .You can't invade a country for things happened decades ago.And the exuse of iraqi war is just a shameless made-up story.US is the true evil in ME,not Iraq.

You are shameless Gulf war and iraqi war is two different things .You can't invade a country for things happened decades ago.And the exuse of iraqi war is just a shameless made-up story.US is the true evil in ME,not Iraq.
Shooo...Fly...!!!

The title is exaggerated. Iraq was not a "westernized, advanced" country. Saddam and his family were ruling with an iron hand. But it was better than what it is today.

Oh please. The GW1 ended in 1991. Iraq was a better place than what it is now. The Iraq before the American invasion of 2003 was a lot better than the Iraq today, half of which is controlled by ISIS. There was no al-qaeida or religious maniacs running riot. In fact, Saddam was the sworn enemy of Al qaeida. Taking out Saddam Hussein was solely responsible for the subsequent power vacuum, and chaotic descend into theocratic madness. It was USA's single biggest blunder in living memory.

Iraq's invasion of Kuwait is not what is responsible for the rise of ISIS and the destruction of Iraq as a coherent nation. It was the American invasion.

Does not matter. Doubts were created and entrenched. Keep in mind the second invasion was after a decade of constant low level conflict with Saddam Hussein.

Bottom line for despots: Stay inside your borders. :enjoy:
Its was just hush hush.
Saddam was already on his knees due to crippling sanctions only thing remained in him was his rants.
May be petroleum industry & military industrial complex misguide them.

Back
Top Bottom