What's new

How the Taliban won - It will be passed down for generations, all the lost limbs and the money lost

Canada is too comfortable so better to make ignorant claims from there
I know an aircraft technician in RCAF with Afghan origins. He was just there a few months ago. Post-Taliban, he didn't see much progress just more acceptance of fear from the current government. People are not happy, but afraid to voice anything as the last few decades weren't majorly fruitful.

Last edited:
America's real failure in Afghanistan was political in nature.

Exactly, it's both political and economical at the same time. The U.S. often does the right thing but supports the wrong people to further their goals. If they had read the sentiments of the locals and not supported gay warlords and rapists, maybe the locals would have shunned the Taliban and slowly eroded their support base over 20 years, which is almost a new generation growing up. However, the U.S. also had to support Pakistani's position, which they ultimately failed to do, like the 100th time.

Exactly, it's both political and economical at the same time. The U.S. often does the right thing but supports the wrong people to further their goals. If they had read the sentiments of the locals and not supported gay warlords and rapists, maybe the locals would have shunned the Taliban and slowly eroded their support base over 20 years, which is almost a new generation growing up. However, the U.S. also had to support Pakistani's position, which they ultimately failed to do, like the 100th time.
Do you know what you are talking about? Afghan Taliban won the war, BECAUSE THE AFGHANISTANI PEOPLE WANT THEM!

EVEN Al Jazeera said that.

It looks like Allah has given the Afghan Taliban a second chance.

I know an aircraft technician in RCAF with Afghan origins. He was just there a few months ago. Post-Taliban, he didn't see much progress just more acceptance of fear from the current government. People are not happy, but afraid to voice anything as the last few decades weren't majorly fruitful.
The Afghan people want the Afghan Taliban in power, even Al Jazeera and France 24 said it.

But hey - to some multani mangoes the Taliban are the next best thing to Prophet’s companions and Afghanistan is like Jannat ul Firdaus.
Oddly, these mangoes wont move to Afghanistan themselves but are happy to preach otherwise

But hey - to some multani mangoes the Taliban are the next best thing to Prophet’s companions and Afghanistan is like Jannat ul Firdaus.
Oddly, these mangoes wont move to Afghanistan themselves but are happy to preach otherwise
Why should I move to Afghanistan? I am already a citizen of an Islamic Republic - Pakistan. lol. :D

Multani Mangoes, eh!

Do you know what you are talking about? Afghan Taliban won the war, BECAUSE THE AFGHANISTANI PEOPLE WANT THEM!

EVEN Al Jazeera said that.

It looks like Allah has given the Afghan Taliban a second chance.

I answered that -- reread my post.
The U.S. is to blame for their failure; hence they had to sit at the table. But if the U.S. wanted and went WW II theirs none that would've stopped them, and don't tell me God is going to send some farishta to shoot down jets.

I answered that -- reread my post.
The U.S. is to blame for their failure; hence they had to sit at the table. But if the U.S. wanted and went WW II theirs none that would've stopped them, and don't tell me God is going to send some farishta to shoot down jets.
No doubt the USA is to be blamed for their own stupidity.

But Allah has given the Afghan Taliban a second chance to rule Afghanistan. They won't make the same mistakes again like in the late 1990's to 2001.

They have probably wised up during the last 20 years.

Pakistan should capitalize on the potential for gain in Afghanistan. Do a Customs Duty Free Agreement with them. We will get market for manufactured goods, textiles and medicines from Punjab and Karachi in Afghanistan. In return we will get vegetables and fruits as well as coal. Already they are selling us tomatoes and onions as the crop got damaged during floods. We should abandon the Musharraf era animosity towards Afghanistan that is embedded in the conscience. If Gen. Hameed Gul was alive today, he would have solved the issues between us very easily.

My 2 cents.

Afghanistan under Taliban is a net negative for Pakistan in the long run.

The Pakistani deep state is still stuck to the 90s position of supporting Taliban against the NA warlords.

The border fencing was the best thing that Pakistan could have done. Other draconian measures need to be taken into consideration to regulate movement along the border and stripping of Afghan nationals with Pakistan’s NIC.

The Taliban do not look like they would want to come out of their hole as yet. Suppressing women and pulverizing their population to submit into fearing the Taliban is their main priority. It wouldn’t be changing any time soon.

I am absolutely convinced that in a coming decade, the Pakistanis will have to be convinced that these folks are extremists and do not fit into the civilized world. Unfortunately, there might be a watershed moment (a huge terrorist incident inside Pakistan perpetrated by Taliban) to have the Pakistanis realize TTP = Taliban.

My 2 cents.

Afghanistan under Taliban is a net negative for Pakistan in the long run.

The Pakistani deep state is still stuck to the 90s position of supporting Taliban against the NA warlords.

The border fencing was the best thing that Pakistan could have done. Other draconian measures need to be taken into consideration to regulate movement along the border and stripping of Afghan nationals with Pakistan’s NIC.

The Taliban do not look like they would want to come out of their hole as yet. Suppressing women and pulverizing their population to submit into fearing the Taliban is their main priority. It wouldn’t be changing any time soon.

I am absolutely convinced that in a coming decade, the Pakistanis will have to be convinced that these folks are extremists and do not fit into the civilized world. Unfortunately, there might be a watershed moment (a huge terrorist incident inside Pakistan perpetrated by Taliban) to have the Pakistanis realize TTP = Taliban.
Meaning you are asking someone to do a watershed terrorist incident to lay the blame on Afghanistan?

The West and its local agents do not want trade and ties between Pakistan and Central Asia. This was an old British colonial policy to keep Afghanistan as a Buffer state between itself and Russia. Before the British, Caravans used to go from Peshawar, Multan and Bhera to Central Asia and returned with goods from there. Similarly there was trade with China. CPEC is opening up the old routes again. But these shortsighted Western inspired people keep crying about the issues with Taliban which can be solved. What is their interest in the human rights of women in Afghanistan? Do they give rights to the smaller provinces and minorities in Pakistan? If democracy is projected to evolve in Pakistan even after 75 years of experiments, why are we not engaging the Taliban to evolve? Another thing is that they have some sort of racial animosity/inferiority complex towards the Pathans and want to keep them subjugated.

Meaning you are asking someone to do a watershed terrorist incident to lay the blame on Afghanistan?
Nope. What I mean is, I rather hope not, that it needs a watershed moment, like APS, to make us realize that Taliban are not on our side and are equivalent to TTP.

In short, whoever causes harm to Pakistan’s interest, be it TTP, Taliban, NA, fringe elements, our response should be strong and concise.

1668842581441.png

Last edited:
There simply is no money with the government for any new adventures. All sources have dried up.

Back
Top Bottom