What's new

How many JF-17's would BAF will buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishan_101

BANNED
Reaction score
Asalam-O-Alikum,
How are you? I was hearing fro a while that BAF's is looking into JF-17 and now CAC/PAC has produced Block-II version with Dual seat also, so is BAF looking into it seriously. I hope they will go for 50-60 very soon.
jf_17_thunder_by_cashakatsuki-d31oln4.jpg

I have seen that in some post that some people have commented that BAF should go for 500+ aircraft, in order to face India as well as Burma who is heated up many time so I think its good for BAF to go For 100 JF-17 Block II and Another 100 JF-17 Block III till 2020 along with J-10's

I have seen that in some post that some people have commented that BAF should go for 500+ aircraft, in order to face India as well as Burma who is heated up many time so I think its good for BAF to go For 100 JF-17 Block II and Another 100 JF-17 Block III till 2020 along with J-10's
Sir reality is little bit different. Bangladesh doesnt want to spend money on defence as she has no credible threat...... 500 planes? It is a tiny country and 70 new generation fighter is enough i guess to deter any threat..... Lets come back to reality... Bangladesh is not going for new aircraft soon as it has taken a policy to establish a missile defence system first.... After completing that Bangladesh will go for jf-17. Amount will be around 40. Not more than that.

Some reports have stated that BAF is not interested in the JF-17, but rather interested in the J-10 only.

I think the JF-17 program is worth looking into. The BAF shouldn't just completely dump the whole thing.

Also, the JF-17 is good for CAS operations, which the J-10 isn't really great at. The latter is good for deep strike missions though.

I also hope that the BAF gets its hands on AWACS with AESA capabilities :enjoy:

By the way, the number 500 was intended to be a joke.

^ bro can you provide me any credible or not credible link of bangladesh interested in J10 report?

^ bro can you provide me any credible or not credible link of bangladesh interested in J10 report?

http://asian-defence.blogspot.com/2011/02/bangladesh-is-negotiating-with-china-to.html

Bangladesh’s growing dependence on Chinese weapon systems could also see the country become the first export customer after Pakistan for the Chinese-built FC-1/JF-17 and FC-20/J-10 fighter aircraft, both of which were built by China with foreign sales in mind. Beijing will be lobbying hard for Dhaka to agree to procure the jets – perhaps even offering loans to make the procurement happen – in order to give its export models some early traction.

http://the-diplomat.com/flashpoints-blog/2011/06/30/bangladesh-eyes-china-arms/

According to BD military, BAF isn't too interested in the JF-17. But in my opinion, it should be an open option.

Both JF-17 and J-10B would be good, since both will be using Russian engines, with which BAF has experience with from the MiGs.

it's not that easy to get jf17 block 2 till 2016?

According to one user (who's brother is in the BAF), BAF won't be procuring any new aircraft till 2021. The F-7s and A-5s will be at the end of the life-cycle by then.

When has their been any source that thunders were offered to BA or will be ? prove it forget about BA being interested in it you have to be offered it first maybe iam wrong just show us proof that BA was offered it.

I also hope that the BAF gets its hands on AWACS with AESA capabilities :enjoy:

AWAC would be a great idea. Given the size of BD, two AWACS on rotation can cover the entire air space. Plus BD can fly this thing within BD territory, under protection of SAMS so it does not need to commit cover fighters to protect the asset.

Chinese AWACs should do the trick

Whatever Bangladesh will buy, India will get to have a geez:D

Which is why China will not sell anything cutting edge to Bangladesh, including AWACS or J-10's

Any official confirmation yet ?

I think Pak-China should sell any of these jets to BD, but some elements in BD are Pro-India and india can get tactical information regarding the abilities of these latest jets.

I think Pak-China should sell any of these jets to BD, but some elements in BD are Pro-India and india can get tactical information regarding the abilities of these latest jets.
Bangladesh military is not pro india.... Hasina has no control over army. Moreover, a handsome amount of ministers of Hasina's cabinet are pro china

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom