What's new

How can we have a reconciliation between Bangladeshis and Pakistanis? (non-political)

I think most Pakistanis like myself have absolutely no problem with Bangladeshi people. However its a different issue as far as your government championed by Hasina is concerned (who sees ISI and Pakistans hand in apparently anything negative that happens to her, didnt she blame Bangladeshs cricket defeat to Pakistan in the Asia Cup on ISI?). Thats where most animosity of Pakistanis towards Bangladesh is emerging from. Take her out of the equation and you will see Bangladesh-Pakistan ties improve immediately.

Actually, Pakistanis need to think beyond the political issues because what the politicians say is not always what the public thinks.

This is exactly the kind of attitude and actions that we will have to change. Quite frankly, the current government is a bit extremist on these matters and when the regime change things will get back to normal.

Ironically, Bangladesh Air Force personnel still do go to Pakistan for training at present.

Ironically, Bangladesh Air Force personnel still do go to Pakistan for training at present.
Should build on that!
There are so many things where we can help each other and work together. All it needs is sensible governments to be in power and the concerned authorities willing to make some effort and explore such opportunities.

I think most Pakistanis like myself have absolutely no problem with Bangladeshi people. However its a different issue as far as your government championed by Hasina is concerned (who sees ISI and Pakistans hand in apparently anything negative that happens to her, didnt she blame Bangladeshs cricket defeat to Pakistan in the Asia Cup on ISI?). Thats where most animosity of Pakistanis towards Bangladesh is emerging from. Take her out of the equation and you will see Bangladesh-Pakistan ties improve immediately.
You realize that politics and politicians don't exist in a vacuum?
Hasina Wajid is a politician. And a politician will espouse only what sells. If she talks anti-Pakistan, it is because it sells in the Bangladeshi masses.
Actually, if you are talking as non-political, there is not much animosity. Most of the friction is political in nature. Just build on mutual trade, stop ridiculing and insulting each other, student and youth exchange programs, find out some mutual interests and work together in like sports etc, military cooperation! All these will help improve country to country relations.
Everything in life is political friend. That is the first grain on which things are built.

Absolutely, but how can we achieve that?
I am living in west and get along fine with Bangladeshi. Problem is your hasina taking dictation from India and working on their agenda which is anti Pakistan so she dont want to have good relationship with Pakistan. Her politics is based on hatred for Pakistan

You realize that politics and politicians don't exist in a vacuum?
Hasina Wajid is a politician. And a politician will espouse only what sells. If she talks anti-Pakistan, it is because it sells in the Bangladeshi masses.

Everything in life is political friend. That is the first grain on which things are built.

If it sells why is she afraid of an election under a caretaker instead of her administration?

I have seen a growing number of Pakistanis now despise Bangladesh which is very sad.
you can abuse us as much as you want but when we do you are sad wow princess

The only way to go is to freeze all relations. Don't go any lower. I mean don't give them reasons to exploit it more
like its really troubling us

Actually, Pakistanis need to think beyond the political issues because what the politicians say is not always what the public thinks.
who elects them genious

I think for bangladesh's sake ...... they need to improve thier ties with india and stop thinking about pakistan ...... Pakistan wont effect anything but India will ..... you should secure your interest .............. you can not be east pakistan again ......

from dacca sweets

We all know about the historical events between the two countries because of which a bitterness exists among the people of the two countries. I have seen a growing number of Pakistanis now despise Bangladesh which is very sad.

We live in the same neighborhood, South Asia and now we have a common problem of terrorism, so we need each other's cooperation. Though political solutions may not be feasible at the moment because of our diplomatic relations, we can approach in a non-political way for a reconciliation, which could be done by the common people, or even the netizens like us in such forums.

So what could be done?

As a starter I'm stating few facts specifically about Pakistan which connect them with Bangladesh.
- Pakistani cricket team has a huge follower in Bangladesh.
- Pakistani dresses have a good popularity among the female folk.
There are many other reasons like culture religion ppl relationship NV s business etc etc even now they are coming closer to Pakistan

I dont think so we need any kind of reconciliation and we dont care...the only reconciliation we need is to deport around half million illegal bangalis in Karachi..

you can abuse us as much as you want but when we do you are sad wow princess

like its really troubling us

who elects them genious

I think for bangladesh's sake ...... they need to improve thier ties with india and stop thinking about pakistan ...... Pakistan wont effect anything but India will ..... you should secure your interest .............. you can not be east pakistan again ......

from dacca sweets

You seem to be under-aged for the discussion.

I am living in west and get along fine with Bangladeshi. Problem is your hasina taking dictation from India and working on their agenda which is anti Pakistan so she dont want to have good relationship with Pakistan. Her politics is based on hatred for Pakistan

I agree but this is the reason why we need to think beyond the politics and try to have a reconciliation by non-political means.

I do not agree with you on this but in this case, i was just referring to the thread title which said "non political"

You seem to be under-aged for the discussion
sir yes sir ......... but the way i see it .... Bangladesh needs to settle its feuds more with India then Pakistan ...... and reconciliating with Pakistan will only anger India ....... there is no shame in protecting your own interests ....... the rest is on you and your govt ....... all the trouble in relations we have right now comes from BD govt .......

.Imagine a conventionally strong BD armed forces hosting Pakistani (as well as Chinese) nuclear submarine and ICBM under tri-partite defence alliance.It will give Bharati a massive heart attack
it will only hamper BD not India

With a pure ideological relation. Muslim lands for muslim lands. That if anyone threat bd then pk should response about the issue. Same to bd to pk. Politically and militarily.

Back
Top Bottom