What's new

How can we have a reconciliation between Bangladeshis and Pakistanis? (non-political)

Species

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
We all know about the historical events between the two countries because of which a bitterness exists among the people of the two countries. I have seen a growing number of Pakistanis now despise Bangladesh which is very sad.

We live in the same neighborhood, South Asia and now we have a common problem of terrorism, so we need each other's cooperation. Though political solutions may not be feasible at the moment because of our diplomatic relations, we can approach in a non-political way for a reconciliation, which could be done by the common people, or even the netizens like us in such forums.

So what could be done?

As a starter I'm stating few facts specifically about Pakistan which connect them with Bangladesh.
- Pakistani cricket team has a huge follower in Bangladesh.
- Pakistani dresses have a good popularity among the female folk.

The realty and facts are that, BD can't become east Pakistan again.
Pakistan can't become India again.
We should solve our probs ourselves and protect our future from the nuke war, because it occur any time. It is the order of Islam for the Muslims other wise we will struggle for our defens.

The realty and facts are that, BD can't become east Pakistan again.
Pakistan can't become India again.
We should solve our probs ourselves and protect our future from the nuke war, because it occur any time. It is the order of Islam for the Muslims other wise we will struggle for our defens.

Absolutely, but how can we achieve that?

As a starter I'm stating few facts specifically about Pakistan which connect them with Bangladesh.
- Pakistani cricket team has a huge follower in Bangladesh.
- Pakistani dresses have a good popularity among the female folk.

Pakistani "Naan and Kabab" - legendary...

Absolutely, but how can we achieve that?

One way - Just forget the past & move on- Start afresh.

Whatever happened in the past should be seen like a bad wind that once swept over the land - its gone now.

Stop exhuming the dead and carrying out postmortems again & again.

1 - Promote tourism
2 - Promote Educational scholarships
3 - Train Soldiers
4 - Increase Business

One way - Just forget the past & move on- Start afresh.

Whatever happened in the past should be seen like a bad wind that once swept over the land - its gone now.

Stop exhuming the dead and carrying out postmortems again & again.

Yes that is a must! But it needs more than that, like something that could make the people forget the past.

Pakistani "Naan and Kabab" - legendary...

Yes I forgot to mention about Pakistani cuisine, I have seen Pakistani chefs in some kabab houses in Bangladesh.

Current Govt won't improve any relation with Pakistan. They have developed a cult in which demonizing Pakistan is the fundamental basis.

The Pak BD relation is at all time low, even lower than 1974. The only way to go is to freeze all relations. Don't go any lower. I mean don't give them reasons to exploit it more. Wait for friendly people.

Actually, if you are talking as non-political, there is not much animosity. Most of the friction is political in nature. Just build on mutual trade, stop ridiculing and insulting each other, student and youth exchange programs, find out some mutual interests and work together in like sports etc, military cooperation! All these will help improve country to country relations.

i dont think Pakistani despise Bengalis, as for People to people relations trade, sports, tourism, cultural exchange, religion can bring us close ..

Actually, if you are talking as non-political, there is not much animosity. Most of the friction is political in nature. Just build on mutual trade, stop ridiculing and insulting each other, student and youth exchange programs, find out some mutual interests and work together in like sports etc, military cooperation! All these will help improve country to country relations.

Dhaka University severed all academic ties with Pakistan in late 2015. When we have apex educational institutions of a country promoting that kind of attitude, then there isn't much room for 'reconciliation'.

I think most Pakistanis like myself have absolutely no problem with Bangladeshi people. However its a different issue as far as your government championed by Hasina is concerned (who sees ISI and Pakistans hand in apparently anything negative that happens to her, didnt she blame Bangladeshs cricket defeat to Pakistan in the Asia Cup on ISI?). Thats where most animosity of Pakistanis towards Bangladesh is emerging from. Take her out of the equation and you will see Bangladesh-Pakistan ties improve immediately.

Dhaka University severed all academic ties with Pakistan in late 2015. When we have apex educational institutions of a country promoting that kind of attitude, then there isn't much room for 'reconciliation'.
This is exactly the kind of attitude and actions that we will have to change. Quite frankly, the current government is a bit extremist on these matters and when the regime change things will get back to normal.

Well, to be very honest, currently the only way for an interaction between a Bangladeshi and Pakistani is the Internet. Bangladesh embassy in Pakistan has already stopped giving visas and the Pakistan embassy in Bangladesh has also started to reciprocate... Cultural/educational exchanges, tourism are no more a solution for now.

If we really need a reconciliation, that needs to be through Internet...

Back
Top Bottom