What's new

How can The weight of LCA MK2 to be reduced by 500 KG?

Can LCA MK2 achieve its target weight of 6.0 tons?

• Total voters
to be procise we need to develop fast

1. 3rd gen single crystal blade tech

How does this help LCA MK2, when we will use an US engine, that we can't modify with own parts?

How does this help LCA MK2, when we will use an US engine, that we can't modify with own parts?
well sir i know that it uses US engine and even MK2 will have a US engine put that tech is for kaveri who knows that now we just might get the almost complete TOT of US engine as US itself is moving towards the new gen engines on all its aircrafts now + we if are able to get the blade tech & core tech rite who knows that we just might be able to do a "La china" ;)

well sir i know that it uses US engine and even MK2 will have a US engine put that tech is for kaveri who knows that now we just might get the almost complete TOT of US engine as US itself is moving towards the new gen engines on all its aircrafts now + we if are able to get the blade tech & core tech rite who knows that we just might be able to do a "La china" ;)

Exactly, that would work only for Kaveri and since that engine is not even considered to power AMCA, we should not put too much hope on powering LCA MK2 or being a solution to counter weight issues. And where did you get that we get the part of ToT of the US engine? It is generally considered that their ToT offer was lower than Eurojets and when we see the difficulties even Saab has with the US and their engines, we should not expect anything different or even better in our case.

Exactly, that would work only for Kaveri and since that engine is not even considered to power AMCA, we should not put too much hope on powering LCA MK2 or being a solution to counter weight issues. And where did you get that we get the part of ToT of the US engine? It is generally considered that their ToT offer was lower than Eurojets and when we see the difficulties even Saab has with the US and their engines, we should not expect anything different or even better in our case.
i think we should have gone for eurojets for lca mk2 it could be used for AMCA in future also ..buying GE engine is a mistake
no TOT on top of that it can only be usefull for LCA no future use tech level is also low compared to eurojet

i think we should have gone for eurojets for lca mk2 it could be used for AMCA in future also ..buying GE engine is a mistake
no TOT on top of that it can only be usefull for LCA no future use tech level is also low compared to eurojet

No doubt about that, if we had played it smartly and the LCA project would not had been burdened by IN's requirements, we would have taken the EJ engine with TVC and tried to combine it with a joint development for the Kaveri engine or even included Airbus as a partner in the development (they wanted it as the base of an advanced trainer). Sadly we didn't and the useless N-LCA requirements gave us basically only the US engine as a choice.

No doubt about that, if we had played it smartly and the LCA project would not had been burdened by IN's requirements, we would have taken the EJ engine with TVC and tried to combine it with a joint development for the Kaveri engine or even included Airbus as a partner in the development (they wanted it as the base of an advanced trainer). Sadly we didn't and the useless N-LCA requirements gave us basically only the US engine as a choice.
N-LCA is useless we need something that is truly multi role not something with limited usability going for extra mig 29k for now would been good approach later to AMCA. Here going for eurojet with 2 x 63kN , TVC, supercrusie would been a smart choice rather than GE engine it would have been saved time [one engine two bird] our search for engine, dont have to bother abut engine choice which DRDO searching like headless chicken now, slowing overall program wasting time resource and money.
i point that GE chosen because of marine ready but as i said NLCA is useless(scrape it anyway) eurojet with collaboration it could be modified to marine ready remember AMCA will not be inducted into IN or IAF before 2020 would have plenty time to modifiy and improve it for use in AMCA. till then mig 29 k would do the job.
we need to remember we are not usa or china we have to use resource very care fully making use of maximum

N-LCA is useless we need something that is truly multi role not something with limited usability going for extra mig 29k for now would been good approach later to AMCA. Here going for eurojet with 2 x 63kN , TVC, supercrusie would been a smart choice rather than GE engine it would have been saved time [one engine two bird] our search for engine, dont have to bother abut engine choice which DRDO searching like headless chicken now, slowing overall program wasting time resource and money.
i point that GE chosen because of marine ready but as i said NLCA is useless(scrape it anyway) eurojet with collaboration it could be modified to marine ready remember AMCA will not be inducted into IN or IAF before 2020 would have plenty time to modifiy and improve it for use in AMCA. till then mig 29 k would do the job.
we need to remember we are not usa or china we have to use resource very care fully making use of maximum

What should be choose or seen for better engine, and what makes new engines of new gen like US is shifting, which techno makes engine of new gen, what characteristics?

We make engines ourselves...it take time but untimely we can make , use Pvt. Industry ...

We make engines ourselves...it take time but untimely we can make , use Pvt. Industry ...

That's the sad attitude that got the LCA project in such trouble in the first place and when everything is gone wrong we still can claim we have the private industry, ignoring that they have very limited interest in the defence indutry and even less in developing a fighter engine that has no platform. :disagree:

We finally start to see things more practically with the LCA project and get it done, not trying to make something special out of it. Only then we can make it successful and only then we will start to self reliance, because that requires to deliver things, not only talking about it.

well sir you dint get what i realli ment what i saqid that we complete owr job on all the basic techs indegenouslli and then go for TOT so as we get the prpoer manufaturing techs and some design inputs and maybe one day can come on par to the best in the world

What is MK1 aNd MK2 ?
n What is the Status of MK1 ??
Mk1 => Tejas in FOC
Mk1A => Tejas in FOC + AESA+ External ECM pod.
Mk2 => Larger Tejas with GE414 , more payload, better AESA, avionics inspired by Rafale /AMCA/FGFA.

Rest wiki is at your disposal. If further doubts get into the sticky thread of Tejas LCA , don't open old threads.

Oye 2-3 Passenger uttar lena....Ya unka saman............Ya dono.......India ki Local bus me esa hi hota hai

Thats pretty easy and obvious, Drop the very bomb thats making it heavy over the enemy territory. That way you could not just loose the weight faster but also make a kill on the move.

Back
Top Bottom