What's new

How Asians view each other

Japanese war crimes... I remember reading the account of a Pak POW (at tht time British army) .. He saw japanese soldiers beheading and than eating the corpse of a british soldier .. The creepy med unit .. The force was strong one back than..

Ed, you don't hate me do you? Because i sure don't hate you. I like you, my man.

These polls don't represent the clear picture, me-thinks. 8-)

Of course not, why do I hate you.... I like your good manner and it's pleasant to talk to you, amigo.

Japanese war crimes... I remember reading the account of a Pak POW (at tht time British army) .. He saw japanese soldiers beheading and than eating the corpse of a british soldier .. The creepy med unit .. The force was strong one back than..

@DESERT FIGHTER

War does a lot of bad things to soldiers, my friend. Some of our soldiers were guilty of being excessively brutal towards enemy POWs and even civilians.

As for the British, yes, the Imperial Army was known to have been excessively brutal to them. The Americans, too, especially in the occupation of the Philippines.

During the war, propaganda was spread around Japan that taught of the Japanese as being the Master Race of East Asia. And that all peoples such as Koreans, Filipinos, Vietnamese, Thai, etc were inferior to us. The civilian population were taught to believe in such stupid racist ideology. We were influenced by the Fascists in Germany and Italy that also touted about the 'supremacy' of certain races etc. That was absolute hogwash.

The Imperial Army was also very excessive. Some military officers that were indoctrinated really believed in these ideologies and saw enemy soldiers , especially those who surrendered, as lower than dirt for surrendering and not dying in the battle field. In the old ideology, it was better to die in battle than to surrender en masse. This is why there was such great contempt for British soldiers and American soldiers who surrendered.

War does a lot of bad things to soldiers, my friend. Some of our soldiers were guilty of being excessively brutal towards enemy POWs and even civilians.

As for the British, yes, the Imperial Army was known to have been excessively brutal to them. The Americans, too, especially in the occupation of the Philippines.
What japanese imperial army did was wrong .. But coming from a military background/family I admire the japanese spirit ... Letters from Iwo jimma (movie) .. Where the soldiers boo is trapped themselves n blew up armour reminded me of our troops in 65.

What japanese imperial army did was wrong .. But coming from a military background/family I admire the japanese spirit ... Letters from Iwo jimma (movie) .. Where the soldiers boo is trapped themselves n blew up armour reminded me of our troops in 65.

Indeed, i agree. While not all members of the Imperial Army were guilty of such crimes, there was a large percentage of soldiers who really were blinded with the Propaganda and were heavily indoctrinated. This is why they did what they did. I am sure, also, they projected much of their wrath and anger to prisoners of war and civilians who did not cooperate.

During this time, the Military really emphasized the brutal aspects of Code of Bushido. Which emphasized loyalty unto death. And that it is better to die fighting than to surrender or show cowardice.

Crazy times indeed during the war. Crazy times.

Indeed, i agree. While not all members of the Imperial Army were guilty of such crimes, there was a large percentage of soldiers who really were blinded with the Propaganda and were heavily indoctrinated. This is why they did what they did. I am sure, also, they projected much of their wrath and anger to prisoners of war and civilians who did not cooperate.

During this time, the Military really emphasized the brutal aspects of Code of Bushido. Which emphasized loyalty unto death. And that it is better to die fighting than to surrender or show cowardice.

Crazy times indeed during the war. Crazy times.

WW trophies today with Baluch regiment of Pak Army:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The KING has been graciously pleased to
approve •tthhee posthumous award of the
VICTORIA CROSS to:
No. 18602 Naik (acting) FAZAL DIN, loth
Baluch Regiment, Indian Army.
In Burma, on 2nd March, 1945, Naik Fazal
Din was commanding a section during a Company
attack on a Japanese bunkered position.
During this attack, the section found itself in
an area flanked by three 'bunkers on one side
and a house and one ibunker on the other
side. This was the key of the enemy position
and had held up a Company attack made
earlier. Naik Fazal Din's section was accompanied
by a tank but, at the time of entering
the area, it had gone on ahead. On
reaching .the area, the section was held up by
Light Machine Gun fire and .grenades from
the 'bunkers. Unhesitatingly Naik Fazal Din
personally attacked the nearest ibunker with
grenades and silenced it. He then led his section
under heavy fire against the other
bunkers. Suddenly six Japanese, led by two
officers wielding swords, rushed from the
house. The Bren gunner shot one officer and
a Japanese other rank but by then had expended
the magazine of the gun. He was
almost simultaneously attacked toy the second
Japanese officer who killed trim with his
sword. Naik Fazal Din went to the Bren
gunner's assistance immediately but, in doing
so,'-was run through the chest by the officer,
the sword point appearing through his back.
On the Japanese officer withdrawing his
sword, Naik Fazal Din, despite his terrible
wound, tore the sword from the officer and
killed him with it. He then attacked a
Japanese other rank and also killed him. He
then went to the assistance of a sepoy of his
section who was struggling with another
* Japanese and killed the latter with the sword.
Then, waving the sword, he continued to encourage
his men. He-staggered to Platoon
Headquarters, about 25 yards away, to make
a report and collapsed. He died soon after
reaching the Regimental Aid Post.
Naik Fazal Din's action was seen -by almost
the whole Platoon who, (undoubtedly inspired
by his gallantry and taking advantage of the
•bewilderment created amongst the enemy by
the loss of its leaders, continued the attack
and annihilated the garrison which numbered
55-
Such supreme devotion to duty, even when
fatally wounded, presence of mind and outstanding
courage, have seldom been equalled
and reflect the unquenchable spirit of a
singularly brave and gallant N.C.O.
burma.

Respect to the fallen soldiers .. Irrespective of any nation or religion.

WW trophies today with Baluch regiment of Pak Army:

View attachment 39445

View attachment 39446

The KING has been graciously pleased to
approve •tthhee posthumous award of the
VICTORIA CROSS to:
No. 18602 Naik (acting) FAZAL DIN, loth
Baluch Regiment, Indian Army.
In Burma, on 2nd March, 1945, Naik Fazal
Din was commanding a section during a Company
attack on a Japanese bunkered position.
During this attack, the section found itself in
an area flanked by three 'bunkers on one side
and a house and one ibunker on the other
side. This was the key of the enemy position
and had held up a Company attack made
earlier. Naik Fazal Din's section was accompanied
by a tank but, at the time of entering
the area, it had gone on ahead. On
reaching .the area, the section was held up by
Light Machine Gun fire and .grenades from
the 'bunkers. Unhesitatingly Naik Fazal Din
personally attacked the nearest ibunker with
grenades and silenced it. He then led his section
under heavy fire against the other
bunkers. Suddenly six Japanese, led by two
officers wielding swords, rushed from the
house. The Bren gunner shot one officer and
a Japanese other rank but by then had expended
the magazine of the gun. He was
almost simultaneously attacked toy the second
Japanese officer who killed trim with his
sword. Naik Fazal Din went to the Bren
gunner's assistance immediately but, in doing
so,'-was run through the chest by the officer,
the sword point appearing through his back.
On the Japanese officer withdrawing his
sword, Naik Fazal Din, despite his terrible
wound, tore the sword from the officer and
killed him with it. He then attacked a
Japanese other rank and also killed him. He
then went to the assistance of a sepoy of his
section who was struggling with another
* Japanese and killed the latter with the sword.
Then, waving the sword, he continued to encourage
his men. He-staggered to Platoon
Headquarters, about 25 yards away, to make
a report and collapsed. He died soon after
reaching the Regimental Aid Post.
Naik Fazal Din's action was seen -by almost
the whole Platoon who, (undoubtedly inspired
by his gallantry and taking advantage of the
•bewilderment created amongst the enemy by
the loss of its leaders, continued the attack
and annihilated the garrison which numbered
55-
Such supreme devotion to duty, even when
fatally wounded, presence of mind and outstanding
courage, have seldom been equalled
and reflect the unquenchable spirit of a
singularly brave and gallant N.C.O.
burma.

Respect to the fallen soldiers .. Irrespective of any nation or religion.

Respect, indeed, to all brothers in arms. They fought for their nation , and bravely. Salute to them all.

According to some people saying, Koreans sometimes ultra nationalistic, but when back home, behind the door, they have strong inferiority complex, they have very high standard on themselves, they are very salty, they feel extremely uncomfortable when Western people give high credit to Chinese and Japanese.

They certainly set incredibly high standards on themselves and yes maybe they do have an inferiority complex. I think they are uncomfortable with the high credit because they consider themselves far more intelligent than their fellow asians (and maybe simply everybody). I have two co-workers who are South Korean and they wouldn't hesitate to challenge any Chinese co-worker to a mental duel just to seem them squirm. One of them has a nickname of "Google" since he knows everything. When he messes up I call him "Bing".

Last edited:
They certainly set incredibly high standards on themselves and yes maybe they do have an inferiority complex. I think they are uncomfortable with the high credit because they consider themselves far more intelligent than their fellow asians (and maybe simply everybody). I have two co-workers who are South Korean and they wouldn't hesitate to challenge any Chinese co-worker to a mental duel just to seem them squirm. One of them has a nickname of "Google" since he knows everything. When he messed up I call him "Bing".

LOL!!

I think i know someone at my work. Definitely would fit the qualifications of being a 'Google'. He's not Korean tho. LOL!!! :sarcastic:

They certainly set incredibly high standards on themselves and yes maybe they do have an inferiority complex. I think they are uncomfortable with the high credit because they consider themselves far more intelligent than their fellow asians (and maybe simply everybody). I have two co-workers who are South Korean and they wouldn't hesitate to challenge any Chinese co-worker to a mental duel just to seem them squirm. One of them has a nickname of "Google" since he knows everything.

:P lol, that's very interesting nickname, I like it.

They do have some thing to be very proud of, they have higher standard of living and education, the second most successful Asian country in economy after Japan. So they are eager to obtain other's, especially people other than Asian, recognition and compliment. But I think they are still far from the real developed level. They need to be more humble and modest. Even Vietnam people who I have come across, are more kind and easy going than Koreans.

They certainly set incredibly high standards on themselves and yes maybe they do have an inferiority complex. I think they are uncomfortable with the high credit because they consider themselves far more intelligent than their fellow asians (and maybe simply everybody). I have two co-workers who are South Korean and they wouldn't hesitate to challenge any Chinese co-worker to a mental duel just to seem them squirm. One of them has a nickname of "Google" since he knows everything. When he messes up I call him "Bing".

I know a similar guy ... We call him "doctor battery" aka Philosopher .. He's a real D-bag.

:P lol, that's very interesting nickname, I like it.

They do have some thing to be very proud of, they have higher standard of living and education, the second most successful Asian country in economy after Japan. So they are eager to obtain other's, especially people other than Asian, recognition and compliment. But I think they are still far from the real developed level. They need to be more humble and modest. Even Vietnam people are more kind and easy going than Koreans.

You're right @Edison Chen There is nothing more that I dislike than people who try to talk big about themselves, and putting others down. Its a pet peeve of mine.

I admire Chinese people , the ones that i've met, for being very humble. They are humble when they are poor, and even the ones that have 'mad it big' still retain humility.

When i first came to America for graduate school, I had rented a room from a Chinese family who rented out their basement. The owners, both elderly Chinese couple, screened me from head to toe (LOL) and made sure I was able to make my month's payment. I guess they had a history of renters not paying. They live quite close to the university that I attend.

Anyways, i lived with them for the first 2 years i was here in the United States. The lady renter was like a 2nd mom to me, I always called her 'Zhongguo Mama' hahaha. She would laugh so hard everytime i called her that, too. She and her husband would invite me to dinner , and would offer to do my laundry. Basically she was like my 2nd mom. When i moved out of their place and moved into my new place, i made sure to invite them to my house blessing. I still visit them from time to time. One thing i loved about my "Zhongguo Mama" is because she is humble, motherly, and genuinely cared for me. It made my first year living in the 'states bearable. Because i was quite homesick in the first year. :(

Back
Top Bottom