What's new

How are we tolerating Nawaz Sharif?

expert

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is not about PAT/PTI. I just keep asking myself how have been able to tolerate Nawaz Sharif and the rest of the lot when (almost) everyone agrees:

1) The PM lied to the Parliament about asking the COAS to "play a facilitative role."
2) The interior minister lied in his press conference about the same.
3) The finance minister lied about GDP figures and later claimed the error as a typo--which would be even worse--that the most important figures in the entire ministry are mistyped to the most important lender.
4) The finance minister first claimed there are $200billion Pakistani assets in Swiss banks. He later retracted his statement.
5) It took one month, protests and a leaked judicial report to get FIR lodged against CM/PM and cabinet for 14 murders. They even attempted to trick PAT by removing certain clauses.
6) Lying about having accepted 5 demands of PTI. They haven't come clean with a written document by making it public about what exactly they have agreed to. PTI's demands are public.
7) Lying about the Chinese premier's visit. The Chinese said no such visit was confirmed.
8) Parliament supporting Rehman Malik's gibberish about the incident at Karachi Airport.
9) Saad Rafique and Ayaz Sadiq getting a stay-order on election recounts.
10) Maryam Nawaz lying about the incident on her flight to London.

The worst part is nobody from PML-N (MNAs, workers or supporters) are saying anything against this. Beauty of democracy? I had high hopes for the new government even though I had voted PTI. I really did not support IK's or TUQ's call to dharna. I wished PML well and hoped they would at the very least be better than Zardari. But this last month has made me hate Nawaz Sharif and most of those in Parliament like I have never hated before. IK hasn't been perfect either--wrong move to go towards PM house. But most of what is said against him (script? Bullshit to me) are allegations.

On the one hand I feel ashamed of being a Pakistani with rulers like these and on the other hand I feel sorry for the poor masses who will have to endure oppression for a very long time.

Last edited:
The worst part is nobody from PML-N (MNAs, workers or supporters) are saying anything against this. Beauty of democracy? I had high hopes for the new government even though I had voted PTI. I really did not support IK's or TUQ's call to dharna. I wished PML well and hoped they would at the very least be better than Zardari. But this last month has made me hate Nawaz Sharif and most of those in Parliament like I have never hated before. IK hasn't been perfect either--wrong move to go towards PM house. But most of what is said against him (script? Bullshit to me) are allegations.

On the one hand I feel ashamed of being a Pakistani with rulers like these and on the other hand I feel sorry for the poor masses who will have to endure oppression for a very long time.

I'm with you 100% OP. But what is then the course of action?

welcome to status quo Pakistan.. want change keep supporting the change agenda !

Not all change is good and not all method for said change are justified.

Idiots.

They vote them in and then cry like the fools they are, bunch of whiny good-for-nothing oafs. Can't vote worth a damn, can only cry when the going gets tough.

It is these same people that vote for the same horde of recycled/inept/corrupt politicians, and these same people that are then worst affected by poor governance, and then they cry.

They vote them in and then cry like the fools they are, bunch of whiny good-for-nothing oafs. Can't vote worth a damn, can only cry when the going gets tough.
It is these same people that vote for the same horde of recycled/inept/corrupt politicians, and these same people that are then worst affected by poor governance, and then they cry.
hehehehe...well that is if they threw the vote and the elections were "fair"

vote koi aur dalta hai bhukhat na parta hai normal logon ko :(

Not all change is good and not all method for said change are justified.

Idiots.

to me anarchy is also a way forward, if the agenda of change is betterment of the whole.. you wanna get fried in this shithole, your choice, but I say enough is enough.

hehehehe...well that is if they threw the vote and the elections were "fair"

vote koi aur dalta hai bhukhat na parta hai normal logon ko :(

I remember on May 11th 2013, I was shocked to see PTI trailing second, far behind PMLN, and PPP very close 3rd that day. I posted these two things:

Pakistan Election Day: 11 May 2013, updates. | Page 236

Pakistan Election Day: 11 May 2013, updates. | Page 240

I said that at best, even if the election was fair, maybe PTI would get 5 more seats (now we know it's 4 maximum). And that Pakistanis did not learn from their mistakes and deserve the poor governance they are about to have.

to me anarchy is also a way forward, if the agenda of change is betterment of the whole.. you wanna get fried in this shithole, your choice, but I say enough is enough.

I don't doubt your intention, honesty and passion.

But you are being mislead, IK is not your man, mark my words, you may come to realise it one day. He has lost his way and he will never be PM.

What I'm saying to you, sounds incredibly cruel, but I am telling you the truth, it is far less cruel then you waiting all those years just to find this out anyway.

I remember on May 11th 2013, I was shocked to see PTI trailing second, far behind PMLN, and PPP very close 3rd that day. I posted these two things:

Pakistan Election Day: 11 May 2013, updates. | Page 236

Pakistan Election Day: 11 May 2013, updates. | Page 240

I said that at best, even if the election was fair, maybe PTI would get 5 more seats (now we know it's 4 maximum). And that Pakistanis did not learn from their mistakes and deserve the poor governance they are about to have.

I don't doubt your intention, honesty and passion.

But you are being mislead, IK is not your man, mark my words, you may come to realise it one day. He has lost his way and he will never be PM.

What I'm saying to you, sounds incredibly cruel, but I am telling you the truth, it is far less cruel then you waiting all those years just to find this out anyway.

I keep my eyes open, I know exactly who is enemy of change/betterment, and who pretends to be, yet is enemy, oh not you, I meant sh Rasheed, chill :P

Forgive my ignorance but wasn't he elected by a majority?
and even if there was rigging , go to the election commission , prove there was rigging and get re polls in those seats.

This is not about PAT/PTI. I just keep asking myself how have been able to tolerate Nawaz Sharif and the rest of the lot when (almost) everyone agrees:

1) The PM lied to the Parliament about asking the COAS to "play a facilitative role."
3) The finance minister lied about GDP figures and later claimed the error as a typo--which would be even worse--that the most important figures in the entire ministry are mistyped to the most important lender.
4) The finance minister first claimed there are $200billion Pakistani assets in Swiss banks. He later retracted his statement.
5) It took one month, protests and a leaked judicial report to get FIR lodged against CM/PM and cabinet for 14 murders. They even attempted to trick PAT by removing certain clauses.
6) Lying about having accepted 5 demands of PTI. They haven't come clean with a written document by making it public about what exactly they have agreed to. PTI's demands are public.
7) Lying about the Chinese premier's visit. The Chinese said no such visit was confirmed.
8) Parliament supporting Rehman Malik's gibberish about the incident at Karachi Airport.

I can only say this;
Aik Qoum Aik Awaz "Go Nawaz,Go Nawaz"..
dcf4ef34936a4f14fc92a00595321311.jpeg

Last edited:
and even if there was rigging , go to the election commission , prove there was rigging and get re polls in those seats.

All parties, including the PML agree to rigging. Recent investigation has revealed major inconsistencies, and PML ministers have been getting stay-orders for recounting in their constituencies. Even IF there was no rigging, PTI got the second most number of votes, but their concerns have been ignored altogether. Heck the PM never attended the Parliament before the dharnas. PML's claim that 180 million people voted for them is bullshit. Even all casted votes were authentic, PML got some 14 million votes. To put that in context, half a million people gathered in just one city to protest against them.

There is nothing wrong with peaceful protests. I don't agree with the civil disobedience bit, but the way PML has reacted makes PTI's blunders look like molehills compared to mountains. It is definitely the least of the evils, and by a big distance.

I don't agree with all their policies, but at least they work towards policies. PML's policies have mostly turned out to be empty rhetoric.

When we accept such people who constantly lie and then defend them, we get whats Pakistan today. A poor, cash strapped, lawless country where only a few you mentioned get to live off our misery. If you want to change the country for the good of the country, stop favoring, defending or backing Nawaz Sharif & his types.

things aren't as simple in Pakistan plus we don't have electronic voting machines we still live in the stone age and use ballot papers which led to literally massive rigging (it was on a scale you can not possibly imagine). and also read the first post of thread thoroughly and just think if such a tyrannical govt would even allow investigation or re polling.
also can someone please tag 'those' guys? (you know, the personal lifeguards of badshah salamat?)

Back
Top Bottom