What's new

Honoring our Martyrs

NWFP police is trying to protect the city "Peshawar", with their blood so Salam to them too.

Last edited:
Army has been giving financial assistance, free education and plots to the dependents of Martyrs.

The administration of such compensations and benefits, especially to the soldiers and lower ranks has been improved a lot under the initiative of Gen Kiyani...he has been very dynamic and has been tremendously popular in the Army due to his initiatives to ensure that the soldiers are given the priority they deserve and their life is made easier in terms of due compensations and timely allocation of such.

His declaration of the year of the soldier in 2008 was no mere illusion and that is what i personally like about the man, he took necessary action and turned around the morale whereas others only pointed out the problems.

The key areas which have been focused upon are housing, health and education for the family of the common soldier and to support this the funding has been diverted from the top to the bottom, a fact appreciated by many soldiers.

Still, anything more we can do is always a good deed, let us see whether there is any account opened by Army for this purpose where we can donate as well.

Maybe Xeric can give more details on how to help on a personal level through an established channel.

Army doesnt provide/allow provision of direct assistance to the bereaved families by civilians or otherwise, BTW, i personally feel it would be like 'charitizing' the family, which they dont deserve to be.

What say?

Well i see that the copy/pasting is still in effect....

Anywaz, Shaheed's family is given plots, and enough so that they can lead a very respectable life. Let's not calculate a Shaheed's life materialistically. The Shaheed and his family are beyond that.

Ofcourse, now if someone wants that a Shaheed's family should become one of the riches families (though i would want that to happen), it's not possible nor is it desirable because of some reasons, but then i would again retrieate that thankfully our Army dont leave these families behind.

Advice: Do some more research!

All martyrs are our Heroes but i want to salute Peshawar police. I was coming from city at 11 PM and these police men were standing on every check post in that freezing winter with just one warm jacket. And they are there for us. So my sincere salute to them. Thank you Peshawar Police.Thank you Pak Armed Forces

My tribute to our martyrs...These are the real heroes and i am the fan of Pakistan's Troops specially when studied about them in my school time.
Major Aziz Bhatti
Rashid Mehnaz

No doubt we have the bravest and and the most motivated soldiers in the world who are giving their lives for our better tomorrow

This is one of the best dedications to the officers and men of the Pakistan Armed Forces who are making the ultimate sacrifices for the nation. Listen to the whole thing. Its worth it:

Noor-e-Mujahid

Sabaq phir parh sadaaqat ka, adalat ka, shuja'at ka

Liya jaega tujh say kaam, dunya ki imaamat ka

PP

Last edited by a moderator:
Honour the brave!

By Farooq Hameed Khan
December 22, 2009

The president, also the supreme commander of the armed forces, was conspicuously absent from the Namaz-i-Janaza of a serving major general and Peshawar corps commander's son who was martyred in the unfortunate and most tragic Parade Lane mosque terrorist attack. This event, held in the highly fortified Chaklala Garrison was, however, attended by the PM.

It would have been most befitting for the supreme commander to be present to show solidarity with the grieving families. A few days later he did, however, visit the CMH to inquire about the health of those injured in this tragedy.

While security concerns for the VVIPs including the head of state in such a situation are justified, the same should not deter the presence of the top most civilian leadership to stand shoulder to shoulder with the sufferers in their hour of trial. However, it is pertinent to mention that ensuring the VVIP's safety during such events, which are held in high security military compounds, remains the prime responsibility of the military and security agencies.

The relationship between the armed forces and their supreme commander is traditional as well as sacred in the best and most difficult of times. For instance, all the three services chiefs make a courtesy call on the presidency to extend Eid Greetings to their supreme commander. Then On March 23 every year, after reviewing the Joint Services parade, it is customary for the president to attend the Bara Khana with the participating troops. Undoubtedly, the Guard Battalion at the presidency will give their lives to protect their supreme commander.

On many occasions in the past have we witnessed the US president and the British PM paying short visits to their troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, especially on Christmas. Frequent visits by the US congressmen and senators, both Republican and Democrats, to these war ravaged countries aim to get first hand information of the state of the troops and their morale in battlefield conditions. The primary aim of such visits remains to convey the gratitude and support of the country's leadership and the nation.

As for Pakistan, our top national leadership has yet to visit the troops fighting the militants in South Waziristan. Such visits by the supreme commander, the PM and CMs, duly staggered catering for security implications, would not only serve to acknowledge and honour the sacrifices of the gallant officers and men fighting the anti-Pakistan forces, but also boost the jawans spirit and determination.

Being amongst officers over a cup of tea would indeed win the hearts of those, always willing to lay down their lives for the country. More so, it would reflect cohesion and trust between the armed forces and the country's political leadership with an expression of national unity and resolve to fight militancy.

If security considerations prevent such a visit, perhaps the supreme commander may opt to visit the well-guarded PAF base to laud the efforts of the pilots for their grand service to the nation during operations Rah-i-Rast and Rah-i-Nijat. It is no secret that the intensive PAF precision air strikes in support of the army's ground offensives were instrumental in the destruction of the well-established command, control and communication network of the militants in these areas.

For the troops in the battlefield it is always a great morale booster to find their commander in their midst. In line with his professional duties, General Kayani has been extremely particular in regularly visiting troops in Swat and Waziristan. Moreover, the impact of such visits became significant when the COAS pinned gallantry medals on the soldiers' chests in the battlefield. One can imagine a soldier's delight if the supreme commander were to perform the same honours.

The air chief has also displayed a remarkable moral support to the troops fighting in Swat and Waziristan. He visited Mingora along with the COAS after this town was regained from the militants control earlier this year. Recently, he accompanied the COAS to meet the troops in South Waziristan. General Kayani, too, visited PAF base to pay tributes to the personnel taking part in the air offensive in Swat and Waziristan.

Most impressive were the heliborne visits by girls and boys of schools and colleges on Eid-ul-Azha to meet troops deployed on remote hilltops. While the presentation of gifts to the combat soldiers was purely symbolic, this sweet and loving gesture by the young students surely was a moving sight and displayed the affection of the nation for their men in arms.

At a recent national security session of the Pakistan National Forum in Lahore, the participants including many senior retired officers of the three services, too, called upon the country's leadership to visit the war zone to express solidarity with the troops.

How would the nation rate those handful of 'prominent and elite' Pakistanis who found it befitting to enjoy the musical and merrymaking night at the Indian high commissioner's residence on the day when the nation mourned the tragic loss of its brave civilians, military men and their families in the Parade Lane, Moon Market and Multan Cantt terrorist attacks. If only these fun loving few had declined the invitation like many other invitees to show respect for the victims and their families.

Leadership is all about facing risks and rendering sacrifices. BB Shaheed knew the threats and dangers to her life. Yet, like a truly great and courageous leader of her people, she boldly ventured and died in their midst with her boots on.

Pakistan is in a state of war. No sacrifice is too great when it comes to defending the nation's integrity. Swat was won with the blood of our finest young officers and men and the prayers of the countrymen. Similar stories of valour and courage emanate from South Waziristan, too, as the army continues to offer sacrifices in the defence of the motherland. Will our leadership show a greater heart and courage to honour their brave?

The writer is a retired brigadier
Email: fhkhan54@gmail.com

Honour the brave! | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Support Pakistani Army in War Against Terror.These young fellows have given life for Pakistan.All their dreams..everything they wanted to do in life gone..just for Pakistan.
1da901c63c0f2a0a896a2ca99c8ff86c.jpg

bde56bc6dd620fcc0a2e2ec8d1cb6b63.jpg

366576412fbff6f0c6a0228c7f05d324.jpg
99aea081ab21ac08b6ee8ab1fe0574b3.jpg

Salute these fallen soldiers.
b6d8ba04a7e74453b02a5559a1881e0c.jpg

---
:pakistan:
ec660ab097a173a7000b9cc7fef765ed.png

7616ebd50979f3a27e1899fa8a285051.png

Latest posts

Back