What's new

Hmong tribe, the loser to ancient Hua-Xia until they reach S.E Asia and still continue losing.

First off the battle of Zhuolu belongs to myth and should not be used as history.

It also would be unfair to label all Miao groups as having one homogeneous origin.

Ancient texts usually link Chiyou with the Jiuli while other link him with Shaohao,Yandi and Taihao(Fuxi?).

Both Ying Zheng and Liu Bang worshiped Chiyou are we going to argue both of these men are Miao?

Even the common people worshiped Chiyou as an exorcist in the Zha festival of the Zhou and the La festival of the Han during the New Year.

The Wu family shrine of modern day Shandong also depict Chiyou.

ElMK46i.png

3d0oFo6.png

If anything Miao and Koreans are latecomers trying to hijack Han mythology.

Are you sure there are absolutely no evidence of the battle of Zhoulu?

Yes, that is one country of origin for them. Some of them also are in refugee camps in Thailand , for they are persecuted in Laos. The recent Thai immigration policy of repatriating Hmong refugees into Laos has been met by condemnation by the United States, which understands the socio-economic repression they experience in Laos.

The story of the Hmong immigrant is something that leaves me, as a Japanese, with very strong emotions. I feel empathy for them. They have no 'nation' of origin. They are pressured and considered "outsiders" in Laos, Thailand, Vietnam. They are actually a Chinese ethnic minority.

And the prevailing symptom of 'oppression' is a factor in their descriptions of their experiences in Viet Nam, Laos, Thailand. So it is understandable why so many Hmong second or third generation that live in the United States readily adopt western values.
You know what? Every body condemn Thailand for Hmong, Karen, South Vietnamese, Shan, etc. But then when ask to help relocate to their country, they are so.... slow and picky very picky. Just choose the young one. Still the majority give it to Thailand. Now Thai government also has another side, which are Thai who live nearby these people. The neighborhood starts to voice out their security, their chicken stolen, smells, drugs, etc etc. The Hmong adopt western value because U.S picked only young or easy to assimilate. The rest of the problem? just blame Thailand and be a nice guy. I mean U.S is good. but not good enough to solve Thai refugee problems. We do have too much to handle.

Back
Top Bottom