Hindu homes and a temple attacked in Bangladesh again over Facebook post

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Hindu homes and a temple attacked in Bangladesh again over Facebook post​

2022-07-16 02:20:53
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com

featured-image

Angry Muslims have attacked Hindu homes and a temple in Narail’s Lohagara over a Facebook post allegedly belittling Islam in the latest spate of violence targeting the religious minorities of Bangladesh.

Police fired warning shots to disperse the mob that vandalised several homes and torched one of them in Digholia village on Friday evening, said Haran Chandra Paul, an inspector at the local police station.

The attackers also threw brickbats at a temple in the village during the attack around 7:30pm, he said.

Haran said a young man, whose age could not be confirmed immediately, posted something to Facebook, triggering anger among Muslims, who later carried out the attack.

Police took his father to the police station after a search for the young man failed. No attacker was arrested.

The situation was normal at night, said the police inspector.

Narail Superintendent of Police Prabir Kumar Roy said the law enforcers were working to keep the situation under control. “We’re investigating the incident. Those responsible for the violence will face action. The situation is normal for now.”
Locals identified the young Hindu man who uploaded the Facebook post as Akash Saha, son of Ashok Saha of Sahapara.

As tension mounted over the post after Jum’a prayers on Friday, a group of Muslims demonstrated outside their home in the afternoon. They attacked the homes later.

Attacks on religious minorities in Muslim-majority Bangladesh are increasingly taking place, and many of them happened after rumours or fake posts spread through social media.

According to a report by legal rights group Ain O Salish Kendra, 3,679 attacks were carried out on the Hindu community in Bangladesh between January 2013 and September 2021.

Hindu homes and a temple attacked in Bangladesh again over Facebook post​

2022-07-16 02:20:53
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com

featured-image

Angry Muslims have attacked Hindu homes and a temple in Narail’s Lohagara over a Facebook post allegedly belittling Islam in the latest spate of violence targeting the religious minorities of Bangladesh.

Police fired warning shots to disperse the mob that vandalised several homes and torched one of them in Digholia village on Friday evening, said Haran Chandra Paul, an inspector at the local police station.

The attackers also threw brickbats at a temple in the village during the attack around 7:30pm, he said.

Haran said a young man, whose age could not be confirmed immediately, posted something to Facebook, triggering anger among Muslims, who later carried out the attack.

Police took his father to the police station after a search for the young man failed. No attacker was arrested.

The situation was normal at night, said the police inspector.

Narail Superintendent of Police Prabir Kumar Roy said the law enforcers were working to keep the situation under control. “We’re investigating the incident. Those responsible for the violence will face action. The situation is normal for now.”
Locals identified the young Hindu man who uploaded the Facebook post as Akash Saha, son of Ashok Saha of Sahapara.

As tension mounted over the post after Jum’a prayers on Friday, a group of Muslims demonstrated outside their home in the afternoon. They attacked the homes later.

Attacks on religious minorities in Muslim-majority Bangladesh are increasingly taking place, and many of them happened after rumours or fake posts spread through social media.

According to a report by legal rights group Ain O Salish Kendra, 3,679 attacks were carried out on the Hindu community in Bangladesh between January 2013 and September 2021.

U really need to acquire a filter and consider the treads you start up. I have no issues in people highlighting negatives regarding BD but everthing requires nuance.

Go for quality rather than quantity.

There is no BD poster here who would have any other opinion than to condemn communal violence in all its form. Your post does nothing other than to provide equivalence to hindutva trools here, perhaps that is your aim?

There will be communal harmony if Hindus behave and be in there limits.

Everyone in Bangladesh needs to be in their limits.

Hindu, Bouddha, Muslim, even wildlife....

Too much free time in their hands.

Police should do their job - especially RAB.

If you make an example of these people (whatever their religion) then it will stop happening.

Hmm, I am a Christian. I have read the Quran & the Hadiths and found several derogatory remarks about my religion and it's followers. I'm not talking about some FB posts, but your scripture.

Shouldn't Muslims behave & be in there limits? Should Christians/ Jews/ Polytheists attack Muslims over the remarks made in your texts?

Or should everyone be tolerant of each other??
Crazy stuff is written in Hindu texts, Cristian texts, Jewish texts

Should people attack them for their text?

You see the large middle finger being shown to bhakts?

Bhakts can eff off with their dadagiri and take a hike.

Bangladesh is a sovereign country and does not give a flying f*ck what countries outside of Bangladesh think.

We will manage our affairs as we see fit and establish rule of law/governance.

The fact that Bangladesh is less communal than India is proven by NGO's outside Bangladesh. Mostly from EU.

Communal Indians will keep trying to find excuses in Bangladesh for their Muslim-hate vote-banks.

What “crazy stuff” in Hindu texts about people of different faith?
Oh boy.... 🤦🏻, I don't want to start a shit show but you sure there's nothing wild written in texts of Hindu sages or texts that Hindus hold dear?, Vedas only talk about yoga and shit? If I obsess over finding wild shit in your texts I can't find it? 4000 years ago doubt any of the modern day religions existed, so if you want to come from that angle than it's disingenuous

FYI I don't care about Hindu relgion enough to have opinions on it, good or bad

I don't interact with Hindus, have no family that live with Hindus, I am not relgious enough to care about how your way of life is better or worse than mine , only Hindu I know is my neighbor and we just play cards from time to time - that's all I know and I don't want to know more either

it's all irrelevant , I genuinely don't give a shit as long as you don't come in and effect my life, my point was not to take a dig at your relgion or anyother relgion

My point is everyone's shit stinks if you obbsses and dig deep enough, everyone's
a Hindu phobe would give you all the texts you need, bring your history to paint you as a demon just like you do to Muslims doesn't mean Hindu is a demon nor is a Muslim

Nor is Jew or a Cristian, Buddhist

You see the large middle finger being shown to bhakts?

Bhakts can eff off with their dadagiri and take a hike.

Bangladesh is a sovereign country and does not give a flying f*ck what countries outside of Bangladesh think.

We will manage our affairs as we see fit and establish rule of law/governance.

The fact that Bangladesh is less communal than India is proven by NGO's outside Bangladesh. Mostly from EU.

Communal Indians will keep trying to find excuses in Bangladesh for their Muslim-hate vote-banks.

Says the same guy who cries about Bangladesh being the 29th state of India. The same dude who blames "evil Indian designs" for BD military's inability to buy fighters/ frigates.

Can you stick to any one narrative, for a change?

Is it confirmed that the kid even said what he is accused of? One trend I'm seeing in BD is a lot of anger vented over FB posts which can be posted by anyone or can be altered in a screenshot and then broadcasted. No one tries to verify once before fuming up.

Hindus and Buddhists came before Muslims to Bengal, dumbo.

So why are you following Islam? :lol:

It’s the sufis converted the masses of Bengal. Local people found it better than the alternatives, no caste system, better right to woman, local religion was backward compared to Islam and more reason can be given.

I think the " Clear " concept of Triune God or Trinity fits his IQ level :)

There were no trinity at least until 325 AD when Council of Nicea decided father and Jesus are God but they are not two God but one God. They also accepted Holy Spirit is holy. It’s around 425 AD when it’s accepted Holy Spirit is God as well.

There were two school of thought among early Christians. One used to thing Greek thought of God and to them Jesus and father are two separate entity. Jesus is a minor God compared to Father but above man and angel.

The above thought was propagated as bible said after going to heaven Jesus Christ sat at the right side of father. So naturally two entity.

For other group if Jesus is not God then how he died for the sin of entire man kind and how the sins are forgiven. This group at present day known as Mormons or Jehovah Witness.

For info they in 1960s declared Jesus was fully human being not minor god what they used to believe earlier and this goes with the biblical views mostly.

Emperor Constantine supported the later view and suppressed the other group.

There were other groups who used to believed the true disciple of Jesus who used to think Jesus was a good teacher or prophet. Nothing more.

A small minority still exists and they are known as Ebonites.

So idea of Trinity evolved over time.

In religious debate that’s why Christians can never prove the concept of trinity as it’s not based on bible rather council of nicea.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom