What's new

Hindu Hardliners Attack Christian Missionaries Trying To Convert Lower-Caste Hindus

Shehz

Reaction score
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\05\09\story_9-5-2007_pg7_3

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hindus thrash Christians over conversions

MUMBAI: Hindu hardliners on Tuesday attacked two Christian missionaries in public the latest violence against priests accused of trying to convert lower-caste Hindus to Christianity by right-wing Hindu groups.

Indian TV channels showed Hindu activists kicking and punching two young priests while dragging them through Kolhapur town. News footage showed an activist knee one priest in the groin, making him double up in pain. Another kicked the missionary in the head.

The crowd accused the priests of forcibly converting poor Hindus and handed them over to the local police but a local Christian leader said the baptised had willingly changed their faith.

“Whether it was a forced conversion or not is subject to a police investigation and should not be judged by a mob,” Dolphy D’Souza said. Police, however, said the two missionaries had been arrested on complaints that they were fraudulently converting people.

Hardline Hindu groups some linked to India’s main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) have accused Christian priests of bribing poor tribesmen and lower caste Hindus to change their faith. Several states ruled by the BJP have passed anti-conversion laws.

Last week, Hindu zealots beat a pastor with sticks and left him bleeding in Rajasthan state where the BJP is in power. Christian groups say lower-caste Hindus who convert do so willingly to escape the highly stratified Hindu caste system. Christians make up around 2.3 percent of India’s 1.1 billion population.

reuters

This isn't the first time the fascist terrorist Hindu's did this they try to stop the betterment of others lives by keeping them in this caste system.

Isn't this so called "BJP" worried about loosing Hindu votes that's keeping them in power, in some parts of the region, so I wouldn't rule out them also trying to do these things.

This isn't the first time the fascist terrorist Hindu's did this .

Very true, this is not the first time they did this.

They try to stop the betterment of others lives by keeping them in this caste system..

How does the life get better if they become christians. Food,clothes and housing, does any of this come to them automatically. Church pays for conversion, not for daily living.

Isn't this so called "BJP" worried about loosing Hindu votes that's keeping them in power, in some parts of the region, so I wouldn't rule out them also trying to do these things.

Yes BJP is losing out on the votes, especialy the hindu ones. And this is not done by the BJP. Its done by the VHP.They are alll considered by the great hindu union of parties. But BJP has been alienated by VHP and Bajrangdal for softening their stance on various issues.

The people who get converted to Christianity end up facing the same issue. They have a weird caste system and divisions within Christians also.And I am not even talking about Catholic and Protestants. And yeah some among Muslims also.

Jesuites, jacobites, Roman Catholics, Syrian Catholics, CSI, Brotherins, Mar Thoma, Born Again etc etc

Whatever it is they shouldnt have attacked the missionary. Its the job of the Police, not vigilante's
1. You have to determine wether it is Forced or monetary motivated conversion. If it is then it is punishable under law, even then assault on a person should be charged on the Assaulters. Both parties guility that way.
2.If it is with self-interest and love for the religion he wants to adopt. then he should be allowed and congratulated.
3. The Friggin Bastards who did this, should be jailed for assault

Whats the punishment from converting from Islam to any other religion.

Jesuites, jacobites, Roman Catholics, Syrian Catholics, CSI, Brotherins, Mar Thoma, Born Again etc etc

And I think you forget something called Tamil Christians..who apparently are Tamil SC converted to christians... they are still have a distinct identity. So much for "saving the oppressed people from the Hindu Higher caste fascist"!

You can change religion..cant change human behavior.

Christians have a lot of denominations(fancy name for caste) now, each thinks they are superior to others and says the other is wrong.
organized religion of all walks now a days are a political and personal tool. Everybody is out to prove everybody else wrong where in reality nobody has seen the real thing. Funny Humans are.

The people who get converted to Christianity end up facing the same issue. They have a weird caste system and divisions within Christians also.And I am not even talking about Catholic and Protestants. And yeah some among Muslims also.

Dude that is reaching by any standard.......whilst there are different sects within Christianity there are no "castes" and definitely no "untouchables".

Now the question that has to be asked is........(and you guys need to be truthful here.) would there be less problems for them as Christians or as lower caste members?

Whats the punishment from converting from Islam to any other religion.

Poor......If the only answer you have is to point at others then, what you are saying is there is no defence........

Poor......If the only answer you have is to point at others then, what you are saying is there is no defence........

Well to answer Adu, i think its death. Over here the priests got away with a dozen kicks. He has got his life back, after spending sometime in the hospital he can resume his 'duties'.

Please go read my post above the one you quoted for my analysis where you can see wether I defeneded them or not. I wasnt pointing at others; anyways maybe muslims shouldnt posting this article since they cant point at us; cuz if they convert it is death.

Dude that is reaching by any standard.......whilst there are different sects within Christianity there are no "castes" and definitely no "untouchables".

Now the question that has to be asked is........(and you guys need to be truthful here.) would there be less problems for them as Christians or as lower caste members?

The question is about wether determining it is a forced/coerced conversion or not.
There are no difference in being anything, they are all treated equal, it depends on which location. A girl may wear jeans and t-shirt in karachi; can she do that in some tribal areas of pakistan.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom