What's new

Hijab And Corporate Morality — Orya Maqbool Jan

well, pink and orange cravats with loud pattern are strict no-no for any true gentleman... cravat must be dark or subtle or other colors and patterns... in his case, turbans too.

he has toned down these days... you can see that in "comedy nights with kapil"... however, his dressing sometimes is loud as colorful as in the picture above.

good... men of style are rare nowadays... i too pride myself of being stylish and not at all fashionable... fashion :astagh:.

these used to be these fine ads on doordarshan tv and newspapers in the early 90's ( or was it late 80's )... karan kapoor for bombay dyeing...

Bombay-Dyeing-Karan-Kapoor-1.jpg

and now this red pyjama shown in cinema halls... :lol:

cream-manyavar-indo-western-sherwani-for-wedding-wear-ce0521-ae8.jpg

but the film "khoobsurat" brought back notion of what style is...

i see.

Got nothing on Gaddafi,

gadaffi_style_05.jpg

Muammar-Gaddafi-eccentric.jpg

GaddafiPA_450x300.jpg

gaddafi-faced-with-crunch.jpg

So now people who actively support Taliban and other extremist groups and have an extremely negative opinion of the wordily life and the education and are more than supportive of the radicalization and extremism in the society will now advise people on how to live their life? What has this world come to?

I also thought that thing in his hands, ray bans or something? apparently, was prayer beads :laugh:

no, i see reading glasses. :what:

good memory, by the way, for remembering the previous picture.

I did not correct any religion, I corrected a man.

Ppl like you who suffer from confirmation bias cherry pick lines from scriptures and misconstrue it. Who're you to question a woman's Liberty to choose the kind of clothes she wears??
Do you wear a Kandura?? I'm so sure that if your scripture asks women to cover up then it also asks men to do the same.
Islam is a religion which gives a lot of liberties to women, but alas! Some men twist it according to their whims and wishes to curb the liberties of their women.
Do you think by covering up a woman in a burqa/abaya you will be able to protect her from being violated???
Your logic that "ALL women should cover up because SOME men can NOT control their freaking hormones" is preposterous.
The logic in your argument is ZILCH!!

I didn't cherry pick anything and simply stated what is a well known islamic principle concerning dress codes. Islam may not suit your feminazi view but that's understandable since u r a non-muslim. What's not understandable is u trying to teach me my religion.

What's your point abt kandura? Dress codes in Islam have certain criteria and once a piece of cloth meets those criteria it can be worn. It can be a kandura , lungi , shirt & pants and suit & tie. What ever it is it must meet the islamic criteria. Your notion of Kandura= Islam shows your ignorance abt islam & muslim. Again understandable but what's not understandable is you trying to define those criterias for muslim women.

And yes men also have to cover themselves. Area between the navel & the knee must be covered but the pants should be above the ankle. Whatever the cloth is , it must not be transparent . The cloths should be loose & not tight. Men's cloths should not be imitation of women's and vise-versa and neither can muslims wear anything that is unique to the disbelievers. Men also must lower their gaze and not look at non-mahram women.

For more info: Men’s dress code - islamqa.info

In short there are different criteria for women & men since both are physiologically different and only our Creator knows what's good for both men & women and He ordained laws accordingly.

Islam has given both men & women freedom but that's within the frame work of Islam.

And according to your flawed argument of Burqa "not preventing violation of women", well traffic laws also doesn't prevent accidents 100% and hence there should not be traffic laws too, infact there should not be any laws to begin with since they can't prevent 100% crime. Feminazi trolls and their liberal secular zealots should be allowed to live like animals with jungle rules. That's the way non-muslim world and secular ruled colonized muslim world is heading , it seems.

Why are men not forced to cover their bodies?

Do women dont have sexual desires?

Women & men r fundamentally different both physiologically and psychologically. Any human with functioning brain understands that. Reality doesn't revolve around man-made concoctions & myth of liberalism and darwinism. Allah (swt) created both men & women & only He knows what's good for both.

Last edited:
Women & men r fundamentally different both physiologically and psychologically. Any human with functioning brain understands that. Reality doesn't revolve around man-made concoctions & myth of liberalism and darwinism. Allah (swt) created both men & women & only He knows what's good for both.

You can throw around with these "Allah created ...." arguments in an islamic country that makes laws based on strange interpretations out of a book written over a thousand years ago by some random dudes, but not in a modern, 21st century secular democracy.

And yeah, women do have sexual desires, lust etc... whether you believe it or not (I cannot believe that I am actually trying to teach this to an adult and literate person)
And yeah... "myth of liberalism and darwinism" :lol:

Shows me to which kind of people you belong to.... Why close your eyes before the truth?

@Luffy 500 have i not showed in previous pages how burqa is not islami and covering face is also present for males and what is the traditional clothing of pre-saudia arabian peninsula??

my friend, you are not bring the ladies to islam this way, if that is what you desire.

A fight between a Religious person and secular will always end in a beheading hahahaha

God doesnt exist as such, even if he did then its inside ourselves that our god exists, every religion says and believes so.
Why did he ask only the human beings to cover up and not the animals??? Dont they 've female animals? cant female animals be violated?? so why only human beings? And dont forget to tell me at what stage of our evolution did god ask us... sorry ME to cover up???

you are a Hindu , you can say that :)

I didn't cherry pick anything and simply stated what is a well known islamic principle concerning dress codes. Islam may not suit your feminazi view but that's understandable since u r a non-muslim. What's not understandable is u trying to teach me my religion.

What's your point abt kandura? Dress codes in Islam have certain criteria and once a piece of cloth meets those criteria it can be worn. It can be a kandura , lungi , shirt & pants and suit & tie. What ever it is it must meet the islamic criteria. Your notion of Kandura= Islam shows your ignorance abt islam & muslim. Again understandable but what's not understandable is you trying to define those criterias for muslim women.

And yes men also have to cover themselves. Area between the navel & the knee must be covered but the pants should be above the ankle. Whatever the cloth is , it must not be transparent . The cloths should be loose & not tight. Men's cloths should not be imitation of women's and vise-versa and neither can muslims wear anything that is unique to the disbelievers. Men also must lower their gaze and not look at non-mahram women.

For more info: Men’s dress code - islamqa.info

In short there are different criteria for women & men since both are physiologically different and only our Creator knows what's good for both men & women and He ordained laws accordingly.

Islam has given both men & women freedom but that's within the frame work of Islam.

And according to your flawed argument of Burqa "not preventing violation of women", well traffic laws also doesn't prevent accidents 100% and hence there should not be traffic laws too, infact there should not be any laws to begin with since they can't prevent 100% crime. Feminazi trolls and their liberal secular zealots should be allowed to live like animals with jungle rules. That's the way non-muslim world and secular ruled colonized muslim world is heading , it seems.

Religion is no rocket science!!!
In its true (and simplest) form all the religions essentially teach one thing, and that is to respect fellow human being. It has only one purpose, to instil discipline in all, and maintain peace in this world.
I wonder how many men actually follow this "Men should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them".

you are a Hindu , you can say that :)
Aren’t all the different religions Christianity, Islam, Hindusim, Buddhism, about experiencing the same God, yet explaining it in different ways? Thus can’t they all be true, but with each giving a different emphasis??
I may be a hindu but I respect your religion, and its teachings as much i respect mine. I get raucous only against those who use religion to manipulate and curb women's liberty.

So the woman has to cover up because men can't control their urges? What is this nonsense.
There is has and there is chooses.....You have others to wash your eyes with spare the few who wish not to be part of that large crowd!

Like people dont stutter loaded with jewelry down a street of thugs.....Some choose not to stutter herself down the street of stares....

I dont support a woman to be locked up in the house however with such a mentality why is it ok to walk down the fashion ramp in undies but not ok to walk down her own street in full clothing?

Aren’t all the different religions Christianity, Islam, Hindusim, Buddhism, about experiencing the same God,
obama1.jpg

covered-women.png

5736fa819a515e66342f58807869b01b.jpg

main-qimg-cd9b81066f5e5da64e0d852fda8e2d03

5fa4845736f403ef4e99f5a763d3af01.jpg

Last edited:

Except for the nuns (and muslim girls) I've not seen such dress code imposed on anyone.
In any case,these days most of the girls in this country wear abaya's with long slits and semi transparent head scarf, so I guess such dress code is loosing its charm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom