What's new

High Speed Rail corridor project work to commence in 2014

RISING SUN

Reaction score
Country
India
High Speed Rail corridor project work to commence in 2014
Kochi: The Kerala High Speed Rail Corporation proposes to begin construction of the ambitious High Speed Rail corridor project connecting the state's southern end Thiruvananthapuram and Mangalore in Karnataka by January 2014 if all clearances are received by then.

Detailed feasibility report was being prepared and the alignment survey was going on, only after which land acquisition would be undertaken, T Balakrishnan, who is heading the corporation, told reporters in Kochi.

Land acquisition would be taken up only after two years, he said when asked about the hue and cry over the project.
The project will be mostly elevated and when it runs through the city, it would be underground, he said.

While the Mangalore-Thiruvananthapuram stretch would cost Rs. 1.18 lakh crore, the Thiruvananthapuram-Kochi stretch was estimated to cost around Rs. 40,000 crore.

The first phase of the project covering Thiruvananthapuram-Kochi stretch would take at least five years to complete and the remaining stretch would be completed by two years, he said.

Described as most expensive infrastructure project conceived by the Kerala government, the project when completed will enable one to travel from Thiruvananthapuram to Kasaragod in 142 minutes covering a distance of 526 km.
High Speed Rail corridor project work to commence in 2014 | NDTV.com

Before high speed rail big talk, solve your electricity problems, debt problems and currency problems.

What rubbish. We don't need these showpieces. This money would rather be well spent on upgrading the pathetic state of the Indian Railways.

However, we've always been a country with misplaced priorities, haven't we? We have thousands of crores to splurge on Air India and High Speed Railway which only a tiny fraction of the population use/will use but we have no money when it comes to the general Indian rail, the transport of the common and poor Indian.

Think what we could do with so much money. We could eradicate slums from the country, reduce our dependency on monsoon by making provision of permanent supply of water for irrigation, improve food supply chain by building more and bigger cold storage, build thousands of kilometers of highways...but no, we would rather spend this hard earned money of the poor Indian on facilities only a few privileged ones could afford.

:disagree:

What rubbish. We don't need these showpieces. This money would rather be well spent on upgrading the pathetic state of the Indian Railways.

However, we've always been a country with misplaced priorities, haven't we? We have thousands of crores to splurge on Air India and High Speed Railway which only a tiny fraction of the population use/will use but we have no money when it comes to the general Indian rail, the transport of the common and poor Indian.

:disagree:

Because the project is based on Public private Partnership.

Because the project is based on Public private Partnership.

How much public?

Why not this PPP in improving the pathetic condition of the Indian railways?

Lemme tell you why. Nobody bothers, that's why.

This is what happens when you make decisions for 4-5% of the population rather than 95-96% of the population.

Just imagine how many AIIMS-like medical institutes/hospitals could we make with this much money.

One AIIMS in every state of India at least. More than one in heavily populated states like UP.

How much public?

Why not this PPP in improving the pathetic condition of the Indian railways?

Lemme tell you why. Nobody bothers, that's why.

Private share goes as high as 75% in many projects in India. Do you really think private player would be enthusiastic when ticket rates too subsidized in Indian Railways.

Private share goes as high as 75% in many projects in India.

Give me the figures my dear. How much of my tax money is going in this wasteful escapade?

In fact, you know what, forget it.

I don't want even a single rupee of my tax to go be wasted like this.

I would rather have an AIIMS in every single state of India.

I would rather eradicate slums from India.

I would rather improve the condition of the Indian Railways.

I would rather eradicate child malnutrition from India.

I would rather use this money to improve the state of our decrepit government hospitals and schools.

...rather than waste it on a showpiece.

Give me the figures my dear. How much of my tax money is going in this wasteful escapade?

In fact, you know what, forget it.

I don't want even a single rupee of my tax to go be wasted like this.

I would rather have an AIIMS in every single state of India.

I would rather eradicate slums from India.

I would rather improve the condition of the Indian Railways.

I would rather eradicate child malnutrition from India.

I would rather use this money to improve the state of our decrepit government hospitals and schools.

...rather than waste it on a showpiece.

I don't know about HSR. But you can read this link

You have two choices:

1. Travel in a swanky bullet trian.

2. Get your child born in a decrepit structure they call a 'hospital' in a village in Andhra Pradesh.

Pick an option.

Back
Top Bottom