What's new

Hezbollah claims victory against Israel

sigatoka said:
:disappointed: They can build bridges in a week?

If I can get VII Corps across the Rhine while under fire from the 16Guards and the 1st Moscow, they can re-establish LOCs in a week. It may not be bridges, it may be simple ferries but don't think for one second that a determined force cannot re-establish LOCs if the ground threat is absent.

Civilians :
Lebanon : About 1,000 - mostly civilians
Israeli :43

Military :
Israeli Soldiers: 114 (IDF)

Hezbollah :
1)No precise data on Hezbollah dead ( BBC)
2)"While Israel says it killed around 530 Hizbollah guerrillas, Hizbollah has acknowledged about 80 fighters killed." (yahoo)

Ref : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4791125.stm

We will never know Hizbollah's casualty list. I doubt even Hizbollah itself knows. It is an irregular force. It does not keep lists of its personnel in case their records are compromised.

So, in all likelyhood, hizbullah re-equipes and re-arms under the cover of the UN force. There's no way in hell they're going to back off from further confrontation with Israel, so what happens? Does Israel go full out, or are they effectively castrated? And what time frame? Six months?

parihaka said:
So, in all likelyhood, hizbullah re-equipes and re-arms under the cover of the UN force.

Isreal will plan & ready its troops under UN flag, Hezbollah cant get any aid considering Isreal will maintain air & naval blockade of lebonan + they will regularly fly UAV with hellfire missiles to keep tabs on Hezbollah.

A.Rahman said:
Isreal will plan & ready its troops under UN flag, Hezbollah cant get any aid considering Isreal will maintain air & naval blockade of lebonan + they will regularly fly UAV with hellfire missiles to keep tabs on Hezbollah.
Unless Israel is prepared to blockade and destroy supplies from Syria, I don't see how they could restrict Hezbollah re-arming?

parihaka said:
Unless Israel is prepared to blockade and destroy supplies from Syria, I don't see how they could restrict Hezbollah re-arming?

They did destroyed a truck with arms supplies from Syria using UAV or AH-64. not sure...(The footage was shown on CNN).

A.Rahman said:
They did destroyed a truck with arms supplies from Syria using UAV or AH-64. not sure...(The footage was shown on CNN).
Ah, ok, I'm obviously not keeping up with the news enough, thanks.

A.Rahman said:

Wasnt that Syrian workers delivering fruits and vegetables?

sigatoka said:
Wasnt that Syrian workers delivering fruits and vegetables?

yea, I wasnt sure about that part. Thanks for confirming it, you are right.

Officer of Engineers said:
My apologies but I actually have a beef with that ranking. ALL WORLD WAR III ARMIES ARE BETTER THAN ISRAEL! And by WWIII, I mean the Fulda Gap. Those who know me from WAB has seen me shot down this Israeli ranking. It's undeserved.

Israel in its entirety chickened out when the Soviets threatened intervention in 1973. We have records of the Israeli cabinet being scared crapless that Moscow was going to wipe out Israel.

My one single brigade was ready to take on the entire Soviet thrust into Europe.

So, take that into advisement when stating Israeli military prowness.

Hum...for israel alone, you're right. but when one talks about israel, he should add usa at least (if not britain, gb, france, and likely now germany as well).

but yes you're right, even with that, the ranking would be lower, because it's protectors are in theory liberal democracy, that is, the fanatism factor that unifies blindly and often efficiently during wartime is arbitrary (contrary to israel or other religious societies).

A.Rahman said:
yea, I wasnt sure about that part. Thanks for confirming it, you are right.

fruits and vegetable and...perhpas somethings else.

parihaka said:
So, in all likelyhood, hizbullah re-equipes and re-arms under the cover of the UN force. There's no way in hell they're going to back off from further confrontation with Israel, so what happens? Does Israel go full out, or are they effectively castrated? And what time frame? Six months?
They've lost their base of operations in Southern Lebanon. They need to get that back 1st.

Back
Top Bottom