What's new

HESA Fighter Kowsar Program - Current and Next Generation

I know engine development takes time but why not just steal the blueprints? India manufactures the AL-31FP (Su-30 MKI) in-house, Turkey has licensed production for F-110-GE-110 (F-16 C/D) and South Korea makes F-100 PW-229s domestically (F-15 K).

Just hack the first two nations yourself or contract North Korea to steal it from South Korea and voila 😸
Because it's not the blueprint . It's the methalorgy behind it that we have problem with.

The next step in air warfare , well may it not be the next step as it already started with airplane like F-35 & JAS-39 is interchanging data with other airplanes or simply the data link not unmanned fighters . And I hope the next generation kowsar come with a very strong data link that be able to share every single piece of data with other friendly airplanes .

As in there's no nickel and high-grade aluminium available for mining or that the expertise to manufacture engine alloys doesn't currently exist?
Not that simple . Which amount of the metals is used , in what degree Celsius and how long it take to cool it . All these and. A lot more factor decide on how hot your engine can be and how much it's endurance will be

The raw steel material can be imported from China
No it can't . The blades must be built locally

Forget ch*na - Cuba can supply it for much cheaper, although a little investment is required there to boost production for them.
Does Cuba produce the steel with the same characteristic needed ?

Not that simple . Which amount of the metals is used , in what degree Celsius and how long it take to cool it . All these and. A lot more factor decide on how hot your engine can be and how much it's endurance will be

Pardon me if I'm wrong but don't these parameters get tested in computer simulations first before a live test? You could create scaled down versions to test the limits in controlled environments and then work your way up from there.

Make the CNC machine to do that, even Indonesia can make one ( not for airplane engine of course )

No, Cuba cannot make it, that Indian member is just funny

Pardon me if I'm wrong but don't these parameters get tested in computer simulations first before a live test? You could create scaled down versions to test the limits in controlled environments and then work your way up from there.
The theory is not enough providing the chambers that are able to produce such environment is also a challenge . Overall it's a necessary and time consuming step another challenge is the semiconductor inside the engine we also lag in that department

I won't dispute this , engine development is strangely a very daunting task to be honest.
India is in process to develop engines jointly with either safaran or rolls Royce for amca and tejas mk 2

Mahoday indos ji. You mean these
Screenshot_20220528-144216_Chrome.png
Screenshot_20220528-144141_Chrome.png

See the second image, these subcomponents are most hard to make

Iam not being funny here , if iran makes a indigenous engine than very good for them
Even China tool time to make them , completely on their own
Plus we had issues with funding. Iam sure iran has no issues with funding .
We tried to import steel for warships from Russia, guess what it was of bad quality, thus we have the capability to develope the required steel with desired characteristics. If we could replace russiian steel in warships we can do it for engines too.

Screenshot_20220528-144051_Chrome.png
Screenshot_20220528-144321_Chrome.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-144419_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20220528-144419_Chrome.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
@Indos
Screenshot_20220528-152602_Drive.png
Screenshot_20220528-152618_Drive.png
Screenshot_20220528-152647_Drive.png

Asking us to import raw steel from China is a insult . For any purpose
Simply

Cuba has steel plants ?

Iranis are resourceful people. They will make it in short time anyway

Back
Top Bottom