What's new

HESA Fighter Kowsar Program - Current and Next Generation

We used to call this "single engine f14" since ack in the days of iran defence .net when this model first appeared. Given the specs of the next generation aircraft, it might very well look just like this model.
Why F-14? The wing design is quite different and the fuselage in general is nothing alike. Even the tail fins don't resemble it.

Why F-14? The wing design is quite different and the fuselage in general is nothing alike. Even the tail fins don't resemble it.
I think it was the radome that instantly evoked the tomcat for both me and rayattek and we both labeled it as the single engine tomcat. This was around 2009-2010ish...

We used to call this "single engine f14" since ack in the days of iran defence .net when this model first appeared. Given the specs of the next generation aircraft, it might very well look just like this model.

Outdated design. The “Iranian Lion” design would have been acceptable 20 years ago. Wouldn’t make sense to start production on this plane 5 years from now.

Whatever heavy fighter Iran produces in large numbers, I assume the design will be more modern and future proof.

Let’s see if the heavy engine gets unveiled in next 5 years as planned. Airframe Design is the easiest part.

Outdated design. The “Iranian Lion” design would have been acceptable 20 years ago. Wouldn’t make sense to start production on this plane 5 years from now.

Whatever heavy fighter Iran produces in large numbers, I assume the design will be more modern and future proof.

Let’s see if the heavy engine gets unveiled in next 5 years as planned. Airframe Design is the easiest part.
the design is not easy , if somebody want to build a high performing airplane . and building a paper weight that look like an airplane is not designing an airplane

the design is not easy , if somebody want to build a high performing airplane . and building a paper weight that look like an airplane is not designing an airplane
Yeah thanks for informing us, Captain Obvious. HESA should hire you as a consultant 🤖

Airplane design is literally one of the easiest parts building an airplane. It is no longer 1930’s. Computers simulations, radar wave room, wind tunnel tests, etc mean you can test 1:XX scale designs without 1:1 scale prototype.

The hard parts are actually building the airframe, advanced avionics package, radar, RAM, engine, etc.

That is why Iranian Lion project design is obsolete. Why would you copy a design from decades ago if you are going to spend billions to build your own heavy fighter?

At this point Iran should be well able to design a <1m2 RCS fighter jet (assuming it can put a reliable engine to power that design)

Zolfaqar in antiship role ?

and yes we need more range its not even for question , the more range the better and those 700 and 100 and ,,, range you mentioned are there to protect the life of the pilot.
how many missile you fire its small compared to how many your aircraft can deliver and you put the life of the pilot in danger when you give them iron bomb and say to them go and drop them from 50m above the target
Why you do so much bla bla bla are you thinking when speaking

Saegheh with Turbofan.

This is what was envisioned in the 1990s the plane will be. RD-33 powered, N019 radar carrying F-5E/YF-17.

I guess Saegheh-III or Kowsar-II can be this plane now with Kowsar-I's avionics, FBW, TDL and with locally developed turbofan

Last edited:
Saegheh with Turbofan.

This is what was envisioned in the 1990s the plane will be. RD-33 powered, N019 radar carrying F-5E/YF-17.

I guess Saegheh-III or Kowsar-II can be this plane now with Kowsar-I's avionics, FBW, TDL and with locally developed turbofan
Not a bad idea but it's even better for naval aviation.

In traditional air force role, it should be paired with heavy interceptors mounted with 12 missiles (including BVR variants).

In traditional air force role, it should be paired with heavy interceptors mounted with 12 missiles (including BVR variants).
in a modern air force , the plane will be linked with each other and produce a network of data gathering and processing units . and engage the enemy themselves just like JAS-39
those interceptors are relic of the past and only burden for any airforce

in a modern air force , the plane will be linked with each other and produce a network of data gathering and processing units . and engage the enemy themselves just like JAS-39
those interceptors are relic of the past and only burden for any airforce

rightly said, this is what makes a great fighter now

- Lowest possible RCS
- AESA radars with longest possible track range
- ECCM
- Longest possible BVR and all aspect WVR
- Tactical double duplex datalink
- High speed without afterburner or Supercruise.
- High resolution SAR capability for ground attack

Bump

Was their any videos of the internals or trials for PGM use with the Kowsar?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom