What's new

Here's the typical home price in every state — and what you can actually get for that money

A dentist friend of mine visited from Canada and was in awe of the central A/C unit! I guess out there all they have is window units! He apparently installed one in his house a year later! :-)

When I was growing up I had this Italian neighbor family who would go back to visit Italy every 2 or so years. The mother's (who BTW lived in Italy until she was 25) biggest complaint was the lack of A/C everywhere (including buses which made traveling hell-on-earth). She'd be telling her relatives to at least buy window ones for the bedrooms so you don't have to suffer like beaten dogs or something since they aren't that expensive (just imagine the typical Italian gesture of the clenched fingers together raised/waiving while saying this). The relatives laughed and called her "soft" and said wide open door/windows (no screens anywhere either BTW) is healthy. She'd respond "that only lets the flies in..."

I was chatting with them a few years ago and asked if there's still no a/c in Italy and she laughed that they smartened up and now it is everywhere. Forgot to ask about screens.

nice...but no screen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom