What's new

JF-17 Block III's proposed AESA Radar KLJ-7A

Oh nice source.

@Oscar he just quoted me pic as sourcw. So i said nice source, when mentioned it was taken from air show. I thanked you. Then whats the point to give negative rating. By @araz

The other 2 posts which you gave negative rating
Screenshot_2016-11-14-01-52-06.jpg

There is conflicting article posted by other member claiming Klj-7A . I just gold why do you compare with birds before you come to get clarity.. what's wrong you see in that amazing ...

SmartSelectImage_2016-11-14-01-53-11.png

I gave explanation to mods to review negative @araz you give negative rating for that too. :welcome:..

@Oscar @waz review the above negative ratings.. if im disagreed with someone post doesn't make me troll.. I don't question about klj but only the prob with silly comparison.

There are number of pak members dragging about poverty in space exploration related threads.. and many members abusing Indian mrmbers, when you guys let them free handed.. how my post become trolling. Hmm :o:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-14-01-52-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-11-14-01-52-06.jpg
    732.8 KB · Views: 50
paf_jf-17_zhuhai_2016.jpg

nabil_05 via Weibo

JF-17

Airframe number "13-149", of the Pakistani Air Force's No. 2 Minhas squadron, arrives in Zhuhai as China and Pakistan attempt to drum up more interest in the light fighter.

klj-7a_aesa_radar.jpg

PL-15

KLJ-7A

Developed by the Nanjing Electronics Technology Research Institute, the KLJ-7A AESA radar is powerful despite its small size, with a range of 170km, and enough processing power and capability to track fifteen targets, while targeting four. Its addition to the JF-17 fighter will make it a much more attractive export prospect.

The PAF also flew in a JF-17 for display purposes at Zhuhai 2016. In contrast with the uncertain future its stealthy cousin the J-31 faces, the Sino-Pakistani JF-17 fighter (already in service with the Pakistani Air Force and reported for export sales to Nigeria) is receiving plenty of new upgrades. A model of the JF-17B dual seater was show with a refueling probe, pointing to an upgrade for longer range and thus greater utility for strike missions. More importantly, a new KLJ-7A AESA radar (170km range against a target of several square meters RCS) is planned for Block III builds of the JF-17; making it more lethal against air and ground, especially stealth, targets. The JF-17's high performance radar and wide options of long range ground attack missiles would make it an export match for other light-medium late fourth generation fighters, like the Saab Gripen.

http://www.popsci.com/planes-zhuhai...uch-more-from-new-bombers-to-marsupial-drones

I think the next big news is Dual sedater due in next few days/months and not block III which will be some where around 2018 in production and 50 or so block III will be delivered by 2020 to PAF completing initial 150 target plus any new export orders

@Oscar he just quoted me pic as sourcw. So i said nice source, when mentioned it was taken from air show. I thanked you. Then whats the point to give negative rating. By @araz

The other 2 posts which you gave negative rating
View attachment 351753

There is conflicting article posted by other member claiming Klj-7A . I just gold why do you compare with birds before you come to get clarity.. what's wrong you see in that amazing ...

View attachment 351755

I gave explanation to mods to review negative @araz you give negative rating for that too. :welcome:..

@Oscar @waz review the above negative ratings.. if im disagreed with someone post doesn't make me troll.. I don't question about klj but only the prob with silly comparison.

There are number of pak members dragging about poverty in space exploration related threads.. and many members abusing Indian mrmbers, when you guys let them free handed.. how my post become trolling. Hmm :o:
If you dont stop whinning like a child wanting a toy in a shop I will keep giving you negative ratings. You are argumentative, caustic and rude. I ses a few other Indian posters and they have a view point which is different from ours but lets agree to disagree and move on. You descended down to name calling and on this board a disrespe tful behaviour to a TT will get you the boot. Now will you settle down and behave or should I turn the heat on a bit more. The ball is in your court.
A

If you dont stop whinning like a child wanting a toy in a shop I will keep giving you negative ratings. You are argumentative, caustic and rude. I ses a few other Indian posters and they have a view point which is different from ours but lets agree to disagree and move on. You descended down to name calling and on this board a disrespe tful behaviour to a TT will get you the boot. Now will you settle down and behave or should I turn the heat on a bit more. The ball is in your court.
A

Oh really? I doesn't agree with his claim does that make me whining! I don't agree with him, because he does have pic but not details of that product.. isn't it ironic to give negative rating to a post where am giving explanation to mods? He quote me pic as source, not the actual video. So should i trust that pic just because he is pak member? Strange

:flirt: serious case of burn here :P

Congrats to the Chinese brothers on the accomplishment though! Proud of you.

:flirt: serious case of burn here :P

Congrats to the Chinese brothers on the accomplishment though! Proud of you.
Poor boy will go away with a bouquet of reds from me. He has a serious inflammatory condition of arguitis and reds are the anti inflammatories for his condition.
A

Oh really? I doesn't agree with his claim does that make me whining! I don't agree with him, because he does have pic but not details of that product.. isn't it ironic to give negative rating to a post where am giving explanation to mods? He quote me pic as source, not the actual video. So should i trust that pic just because he is pak member? Strange

Thats hilarious to the core, only if you could review your posts on this thread, you would realize that. Go ahead, start now and see how silly you look while making idiotic arguments.

And all because of one factor, the NRIET engineer who was a part of the klj-7A development team revealed that your false pride can be now be engaged at 170+km away. With 20+RCS loaded, the mki is a roasted cow and the worst part is that it cannot even jam the AESA radar to save its ***.

FYI, Through datalink, a fourship thunder formation can make a mince meat out your planes without even turning on the radar.

Now, the hardest pill to swallow for you, till your Rafales come and balance the situation, the blk 3 will essentially steal the technological show and the skies of subcontinent.

Your MKI will soon be rendered obsolete.

Hi,

The BLK3 would be coming in possibly at the same time as the Rafale is.

The range of the aesa is fine---it may allow the JF17 to move into a position of strength before it launches its missiles.

When it comes out into deployment---you are again going to face the integration issues---.

As the aesa radar takes the game to pleataus unknown before---in a similar manner the training on the new system would be time consuming as well.

Thats hilarious to the core, only if you could review your posts on this thread, you would realize that. Go ahead, start now and see how silly you look while making idiotic arguments.

And all because of one factor, the NRIET engineer who was a part of the klj-7A development team revealed that your false pride can be now be engaged at 170+km away. With 20+RCS loaded, the mki is a roasted cow and the worst part is that it cannot even jam the AESA radar to save its ***.

FYI, Through datalink, a fourship thunder formation can make a mince meat out your planes without even turning on the radar.

Now, the hardest pill to swallow for you, till your Rafales come and balance the situation, the blk 3 will essentially steal the technological show and the skies of subcontinent.

Your MKI will soon be rendered obsolete.

So is the jf-17, MKI meets our requirement. Just like JF-17 meet yours. Good for you if blk 3 rules the sky. Unlike you and some members who think JFT is made of metal and lack of campsites, I believe in JFT development. It meets your pockets and fill the gap till you get next bird. I see the egoistic persons who don't want to be return favor.

According to you:

. With 20+RCS loaded, the mki is a roasted cow and the worst part is that it cannot even jam the AESA radar to save its ***.

Am not boasting about mki capabilities unlike you. If i had intention to troll, you know what some guys call JFT.. i noticed who is troll... I will say grow up.

So is the jf-17, MKI meets our requirement. Just like JF-17 meet yours. Good for you if blk 3 rules the sky. Unlike you and some members who think JFT is made of metal and lack of campsites, I believe in JFT development. It meets your pockets and fill the gap till you get next bird. I see the egoistic persons who don't want to be return favor.

Hi,

Pakistanis do not understand that the weapons of a military shows the state of its mind and the state of the mind of the nation that possesses them---how it wants to project itself and with what it wants to project itself with---.

They also reflect of the level of threat that nations perceives from its enemy---all things equal.

Hi,

The BLK3 would be coming in possibly at the same time as the Rafale is.

The range of the aesa is fine---it may allow the JF17 to move into a position of strength before it launches its missiles.

When it comes out into deployment---you are again going to face the integration issues---.

As the aesa radar takes the game to pleataus unknown before---in a similar manner the training on the new system would be time consuming as well.
Sir
I have read that J-31 will also be entering around the same time span (rumour has it that PAF may already be testing it and I actually find it plausible) and that will be a very interesting scenario, JF17 blk III + J31 and perhaps a few dozens of J-20s. I think PAF will become a potent AF in the region. I have a gut feeling that more and more of their systems will be indigenised and thus we will have nearly 100% availability (an aspect most experts here easily ignore).

Last edited:
Hi,

Pakistanis do not understand that the weapons of a military shows the state of its mind and the state of the mind of the nation that possesses them---how it wants to project itself and with what it wants to project itself with---.

They also reflect of the level of threat that nations perceives from its enemy---all things equal.

Never under estimate your enemy, which i believe in. Seems like some boast them selves regardless of what they have. You know how the kids act, if he think he can shoot Mki with L-17 alone. What is the need of Aesa.

Never under estimate your enemy, which i believe in. Seems like some boast them selves regardless of what they have. You know how the kids act, if he think he can shoot Mki with L-17 alone. What is the need of Aesa.

But we request that you please keep under-estimating us, as it helps us tremendously.

Sir
I have read that J-31 will also be entering around the same time span (rumour has it that PAF may already be testing and I actually find it plausible) and that will be a very interesting scenario, JF17 blk III + J31 and perhaps a few dozens of J-20s. I think PAF will become a potent AF in the region. I have a gut feeling that more and more their systems will be indigenised and thus we will have nearly 100% availability (an aspect most experts here easily ignore).

Hi,

Integration is a bit-ch---Paf learnt it the hardway on the JF17 ( I should not say that they learnt---they acknowledged )---have found that out that even after 8 years---we still have a long ways to go.

So let me re-phrase is---integration is an absolute " Bit-ch " for modern day fighter aircraft---and as the level of technology / Generation increases---so does the time frame increases---.

So---with JF17BLK3 with aesa---J31 amd J20's---in the pipeline---their integration would literally ' kill ' the operators---.

For that reason---I have been fighting that the Paf get an already integrated and in service aircraft to fill in the hole so that it does not have to worry about the roles of different weapons and the operational manual of the aircraft.

But we request that you please keep under-estimating us, as it helps us tremendously.

Sir,

Those in the right places are not under estimating you---. The pre-emptive strikes have put some massive dents in your progress.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom