What's new

Henan vs Xinijiang: Outcry on the Chinese social media, "the same exam, but different fate." Blatant regional discrimination in Gaokao

Favored policies leaning towards non Han students in Xinjiang

15 years free education from kindergarten to high school ( 9 years for most Chinese provinces), 10 extra points added in Gaokao Chinese national universal university entrance exam.
University admission score line in southern Xinjiang. Xinjiang Han: 608 Xinjiang non Han ethnic groups: 573
University admission score line in other regions in Xinjiang, Xinjiang Han: 643 Xinjiang non Han ethnic groups: 607

微信图片_20231004185209.png

..er.. kids in Henan are better at rote memorization ? What’s the fuss about?

The objective of the thread is to show how good the Xinjiang people have it. They are pampered to the point they are admitted to Uni even though they have very low score.

You must be talking bout your family…

Anyways, 1.4 billion plp and can’t produce one decent movie or at least give us one decent song or smth smh 🤦 Trash culture indeed!
No, I a talking about your family, trash talk coming from trash family.

Rote memorization could help you, but you will not ace the exam with it alone. Not even close.
A decade ago I was tasked with head hunting a well known Chinese researcher. As part of my effort I took her on a tour of our European and North America research facilities. On that trip, I learned almost everything I needed to learn about the Chinese education system,

My take away from that experience is that gaokao is about building muscle memory so you can efficiently answer correctly as many questions as possible in the allocated time. The person that does the above better than the rest scores the most points.

Beautiful American culture

View attachment 958153

…and Chinese too..
china-rainbow-hunters-lgbtq-gay-rights-GettyImages-168928776.jpg

lol just because its underground it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exists.
Lol, you can make wild claims, but they are just in your mind. I lived in both cultures and I know how rampant it is in US.

Lol, you can make wild claims, but they are just in your mind. I lived in both cultures and I know how rampant it is in US.
You aren’t too bright are you? Well the LGBTQ plus movement in China is underground just like the Falun Gong and others. LGBTQ is everywhere, yes even in China, in Western societies people are free to express themselves openly. In repressive societies they are underground but just as strong and in some cases repression makes it stronger.Claiming that LGBTQ doesn’t exists in China is silly, particularly when some researchers based on survey data size the LGBTQ demographic in China to be between 7-10% of the total population same as the US.

You aren’t too bright are you? Well the LGBTQ plus movement in China is underground just like the Falun Gong and others. LGBTQ is everywhere, yes even in China, in Western societies people are free to express themselves openly. In repressive societies they are underground but just as strong and in some cases repression makes it stronger.Claiming that LGBTQ doesn’t exists in China is silly, particularly when some researchers based on survey data size the LGBTQ demographic in China to be between 7-10% of the total population same as the US.
I never said they don't exist in China, but China doesn't have many of them, I lived in both cultures, the contrast is very obvious.

It's time to rethink the Affirmative Action Policies in China

Western media reports a lot about China 24/7, but they rarely let their people know those Chinese policies favoring ethnic minorities from day one of PRC.

Chinese senior high school exams can be very harmful for top talent selection, but beneficial is suppression of inter regional power and intellectual disparity.

The biggest victim is Beijing residence, now many students are scion of former Tsing Hua, PKU. Chances of them going back to their parent college is slim.

Big big big harm.

The solution is to create few more top elite college and spread them out all over.

Other than Tsing hua, PKU, Shanghai Jiatong is consider not so elite.

Only 2 college for 1.4 billion people -- too little.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom