What's new

Help needed to read Persian inscriptions.

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
2.jpg
spinel 1.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
The inscriptions on the spinel are in Persian are the names of Jahangir, Shah Jahan & Aurangzeb with possibly their dates of reign.

Can anyone help by identifying which is which ?

1.jpg
1.jpg

On two last one its written جهانگیر شاه کبیر 1017

On the first one its written 1038 الی صاحب قران
The one in middle I cant read for sure but it has a date of 1070 on it.

By the way you can't be sure they are fake or Authentic unless they have evaluated by an expert.

View attachment 441203 View attachment 441204 View attachment 441210 View attachment 441211 The inscriptions on the spinel are in Persian are the names of Jahangir, Shah Jahan & Aurangzeb with possibly their dates of reign.

Can anyone help by identifying which is which ?

View attachment 441210 View attachment 441210
Nice pics

They belong to Iran's Safavid era. Two of dates , 1017 and 1038, belongs to the time that Abbas the great (First Abbas) was king. The other date 1070 was from second Abbas' ruling time.

Words need confirmation of experts also being fake or authentic, but i have no doubt that they should be a result of good relations between Goorkanian (Mughals) and Safavids.

@Hack-Hook made good points.

Uzbek/Turkic but their court language was Persian, court language of Delhi Sultanate was Persian even before the Mughals conquered.
Bro, i am not a Persian. But didn't wonder so much, if Mughals are Persians :
Achaemenid_Empire_(flat_map).svg.png

A survey in Tabriz university was conducted, examining several thousand years old skulls and bones which in the end proved that Iranians belong to the same race with different languages. Even similarities were found about blood line of Egyptians/Iranians/Turkish/Afghans just look at that provided map, says it all. Languages and other few differences are results of wars and invasions.

Mughals with high possibility are from Persians. Their words, writings and historic symbols prove it, i guess.

Mughals with high possibility are from Persians. Their words, writings and historic symbols prove it, i guess.

No, go learn history. simple wikipedia search will tell you that they were Turks from Uzbekistan, its written in their own books like Baburnama aka Tuzk e Baburi.

No, go learn history. simple wikipedia search will tell you that they were Turks from Uzbekistan, its written in their own books like Baburnama aka Tuzk e Baburi.
Maybe he was an other Iranian :lol:

By the by, better to end this discussion. :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom