What's new

Help- Computer experts needed (overclocking my GPU on my laptop)

It was frustrating for me only because I had an unsupported chipset, otherwise there are tons of guides for each model that treat you like a little baby. And forums can be helpful.
AMD processors overclock higher is good for the noob as he's less likely to break it, and intel on the other end handles higher temperatures better
For gaming newer games are becoming multithreaded, and at the same prie levels intel forces you to settle for dual and quad cores where amd is like quad-hex-octa cores
But in the end of the day it's gaming, just conentrate on the GPU
I can help someone more if i know theyre price range and usage requirements, although learning to help yourself would be better in the long run

I don't need help bro. I already have enough computers :D

Was just discussing in general terms. Although most games still only use 4 cores. In the future it will change and increase, but for right now the results are pretty much the same.

This video does a good comparison between intel and AMD for gaming:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't need help bro. I already have enough computers :D

Was just discussing in general terms. Although most games still only use 4 cores. In the future it will change and increase, but for right now the results are pretty much the same.

This video does a good comparison between intel and AMD for gaming:

AMD lost it's touch on the high end CPU market, and it' losing slowly ont he nVidia end too - it needs a miracle to save itself :P
So what kind of work do you do? Build custom rigs and stuff, r like manage servers or gfx designing?

Last edited by a moderator:
AMD lost it's touch on the high end CPU market, and it' losing slowly ont he nVidia end too - it needs a miracle to save itself :P
So what kind of work do you do? Build custom rigs and stuff, r like manage servers or gfx designing?

I don't actually work with computers. I am training to be an investment banker. Computing is just a hobby :P

I don't actually work with computers. I am training to be an investment banker. Computing is just a hobby :P

enough computers? normally people spend what they have on getting the best machine, and then wehn they have more the upgrade it to the max, why do you buy more computers? lol :P

enough computers? normally people spend what they have on getting the best machine, and then wehn they have more the upgrade it to the max, why do you buy more computers? lol :P

lol well I have a tablet, desktop and laptop. So I am pretty well sorted as far as computing goes.

My experience say its useless to upgrade a two to three year old computer . It's better to just make a new one

My experience say its useless to upgrade a two to three year old computer . It's better to just make a new one

Maybe for intel boards, am3+ have a loooong support. Amd promised even future boards will use it.

Maybe for intel boards, am3+ have a loooong support. Amd promised even future boards will use it.

Even for AMD . You'll see after 3 to 4 year there are a kot of new technologies that your board won't supply . I built two AMD system for myself and well , I didn't bother to upgrade them . I built 4 Intel system for myself that I upgraded two of them for several years . To be honest . It was expensive hobby . Right now I'm happy with my Lenovo Y580 with Intel 3610QM and Geforce 660m .

Even for AMD . You'll see after 3 to 4 year there are a kot of new technologies that your board won't supply . I built two AMD system for myself and well , I didn't bother to upgrade them . I built 4 Intel system for myself that I upgraded two of them for several years . To be honest . It was expensive hobby . Right now I'm happy with my Lenovo Y580 with Intel 3610QM and Geforce 660m .

you're pretty lucky for a laptop :P how's the market in Iran? In Pakistan the currency is falling so prices go crazy, and in Dubai somethings cost upto 300% of their USA price, I tries buying in UK too but it's expensive there more :\
I wish I was in the US sometimes

i did not bother going through all the posts here,

anyways if u still looking fr answers just holler.:tup:

you're pretty lucky for a laptop :P how's the market in Iran? In Pakistan the currency is falling so prices go crazy, and in Dubai somethings cost upto 300% of their USA price, I tries buying in UK too but it's expensive there more :\
I wish I was in the US sometimes

For buyers , the market here is as bad as it can get. a laptop right now is twice or better say trice the price of it was last year :cry:

I have a nice graphics card, and I still play on low for optimum frame rates.

I wouldn't recommend over-clocking.

Back
Top Bottom