What's new

Hatf IX Nasr Missile Tested by Pakistan

Well I had say that every nation is entitled to its protection in whatever way it deems necessary unless it affects others.
But on the issue of tactical Nukes, Its just something to keep on table and tell the other side that "just dont do something foolish."
But if your policy makers seriously believe in using them then I had say
1. Get ready for indian as well as International backlash. Today Even uncle sam cant use any nukes cause of international pressure and international image. so its a tightrope to walk on for your policy makers.
As for cold start doctrine :- I think its partially true and partially a Bogeyman.
After the highlighted bit, you seem to be contradicting your own self.......albeit over half a dozen countries posses the nuclear weapons but none have used it since 1945..... one could question, what's the need for acquiring them.
These are weapons for deterrence, if India doesn't feel adventurous with it's now outdated cold start, there's no need for Pakistan to turn the border into a Shamshan Ghatt. !!

After the highlighted bit, you seem to be contradicting your own self.......albeit over half a dozen countries posses the nuclear weapons but none have used it since 1945..... one could question, what's the need for acquiring them.
These are weapons for deterrence, if India doesn't feel adventurous with it's now outdated cold start, there's no need for Pakistan to turn the border into a Shamshan Ghatt. !!
If you had read properly the second part of my line said "If it does not affect others". Tactical nukes are gonna affect your as well as our population. That's why you should read the whole line before shooting from your hip. Don't highlight half sentences or misquote others

Well usually Pakistan weapons are mostly defensive in nature. Pakistan will not attack India. It is India with its COLD START DOCTRINE and what not showing its intentions to attack Pakistan. (So much for responsible nation and value for human life).
Anyway, MAD is a very important word here. Pakistan and India has to make sure that they keep to it. (Hoping that you know what the word means).

NASR missile is a tactical weapon intended for use against specifically for the opposing army. It means that we dont want the CIVILIANS in the enemy country to get killed.

Have you ever gone through cold start doctrine ? try to find and invest some time to read it please, and it is PAKISTAN, not india, who have attacked every time or compelled other party to attack (leaving it no other option). MAD seems a very romantic word to use in posts, but having impact unimaginable in practical ground.
And if you have a weapon which is not intended to use on civilians of enemy country but your own, "tab to aapka khuda hi malik hai." one more thing, "It dosnt matter how much you and your army yell, MAD has only one meaning i.e. partial destruction of india and complete destruction of pakistan. " That is why wise people say-
" War is a too serious business to leave upon generals." Hope you get my point.

Have you ever gone through cold start doctrine ? try to find and invest some time to read it please, and it is PAKISTAN, not india, who have attacked every time or compelled other party to attack (leaving it no other option). MAD seems a very romantic word to use in posts, but having impact unimaginable in practical ground.
And if you have a weapon which is not intended to use on civilians of enemy country but your own, "tab to aapka khuda hi malik hai." one more thing, "It dosnt matter how much you and your army yell, MAD has only one meaning i.e. partial destruction of india and complete destruction of pakistan. " That is why wise people say-
" War is a too serious business to leave upon generals." Hope you get my point.

COLD START DOCTRINE
Cold Start is a military doctrine developed by the Indian Armed Forces for use in a possible war with Pakistan.[1] It involves the various branches of India's military conducting offensive operations as part of unified battle groups.
As per Cold Start promulgation, offensive operations could begin within 48 hours after orders have been issued. Such a limited response time would enable Indian forces to surprise their Pakistani counterparts. Operations would involve armored spearheads launched from forward positions in Punjab and Rajasthan.

So what dont you understand about India actually having a plan to attack Pakistan. Pakistan does not have a made up plan to attack India.
But your so-called peace loving, valuing human life govt is ready for war with a well designed plans.
Also, that last statement of yours would be a very good dialogue in your B-grade indian movies. But for e.g., USA is led by civilians in conducting wars and look at the result that brought them. They lost Vietnam war. In the second Iraq War they had to hastily withdraw as too many soldiers dying and we all know what the mess is in Iraq. Then we come to the Afghanistan War where they are planning to withdraw in 2014 after more than 13 years and taliban are talking with the Afghan govt with USA's blessing. So much for the "War on Terror".
So with the civilian govt playing at war and getting results like that, I am sure the generals would be as bad as these nincompoops in playing war.

Again I will try to explain to you, I dont know if you are intellectually capable of comprehending that MAD doctrine will assure a general peace in the region and hence the need for Pakistan to keep developing nuclear technology which can be used in missiles to make India think 100 times before initiating fo0lish doctrines as COLD START.

If you had read properly the second part of my line said "If it does not affect others". Tactical nukes are gonna affect your as well as our population. That's why you should read the whole line before shooting from your hip. Don't highlight half sentences or misquote others

It's kind of sad to talk about nuke options when there are millions of people involved but if some of your population suffers but your country's safe and the enemy loses half of its advancing forces.....vs. you lose the battle and your country's cut into pieces....what would you take??? Cost benefit analysis. Slavery isn't an option anymore is what the Pakistanis are trying to achieve in my opinion. I can't blame them. Take a look inside India and see what Christians and Muslims are going through.....they get killed and cut like carrots in a blender!! Anyway, different topic. But to save the mother land, nations do what they need to. Sometimes....it does make average citizens suffer too.

Have you ever gone through cold start doctrine ? try to find and invest some time to read it please. MAD seems a very romantic word to use in posts, but having impact unimaginable in practical ground.

Allow me to surprise you with what you already know but you guys act innocent:
1) Cold Start is the worse doctrine people have ever seen. I think it was the Pentagon or the State Dept who told you NOT to ever implement it as it might hand your as* in a plate back to you. The damage to the growing economy will be immense. There are two nations on the planet who are ready for a war almost every day. The comparison between their militaries may not be real due to one being a super force and the other one being a large professional force, but they are Israel and Pakistan. Both face 8-9 times the enemy on their immediate border and they go to sleep with it every night. There may not be a one to one comparison between the Israelis and the Pakistanis but the Pakistanis have defended their country a few times. Or per-emptively offended the other party first...whichever story you believe in.

2) MAD isn't romantic, trust me. It is the mother of all evil. And, in this case, it is playing the role that it played during the Cold War between the US and Russia. In India and Pakistan's case, it is a lot more realistic and extremely dangerous due to the fact you guys are right next to each other. A SMALL series of events can turn into both upward and downward spiral chain of escalations causing nothing but destruction to hundreds of millions people within a few hundred miles of proximity.
So PLEASE, try to get off the mighty horse and realize that the wars and the MAD are real. It is yours, your neighbors and everyone else's responsibility to save lives and NEVER get to a scenario like MAD. Many think tanks have already declared that there is NO such thing as a conventional war in the case of India and Pakistan!!! So chill out, build peace, trade and prosperity for your nations. Both of you guys have poor people and in hundreds of millions and they can use a better lifestyle, healthcare, jobs, etc. A WAR should be the last thing on anyone's mind.

I will need some opinion from members here..I been looking into specs of compatible GMLRS...Rockets similar to Nasr..
Most carry 90KG warhead and have an apogee of 15Km but range of 70 KM..
Nasr has less range ..but seems to have a bigger Warhead....The guess is that nasr carries a warhead of 100-110 KG ..a design change probably to compensate for the heavier Nuclear warheads which probably will be bigger than 90 KG.

It's kind of sad to talk about nuke options when there are millions of people involved but if some of your population suffers but your country's safe and the enemy loses half of its advancing forces.....vs. you lose the battle and your country's cut into pieces....what would you take??? Cost benefit analysis. Slavery isn't an option anymore is what the Pakistanis are trying to achieve in my opinion. I can't blame them. Take a look inside India and see what Christians and Muslims are going through.....they get killed and cut like carrots in a blender!! Anyway, different topic. But to save the mother land, nations do what they need to. Sometimes....it does make average citizens suffer too.
Err... Dude with all due respect, please tell me of a place where Muslims and especially Christians, are as you say and I quote "Cut like carrots in a blender". I live here and maybe I know about all of this a bit better than you do. What you see or hear in the news is often exaggerated prime time masala News. But if you think likewise then I have tons of examples to show you that in many cases they are treated better than the general population. Our society is far from being perfect but the situation is not like you wrote.
Anyways, I had like to hear your side of the story.
Till then Adios Amigo

I will need some opinion from members here..I been looking into specs of compatible GMLRS...Rockets similar to Nasr..
Most carry 90KG warhead and have an apogee of 15Km but range of 70 KM..
Nasr has less range ..but seems to have a bigger Warhead....The guess is that nasr carries a warhead of 100-110 KG ..a design change probably to compensate for the heavier Nuclear warheads which probably will be bigger than 90 KG.

You answered your question yourself!

U166P5029T2D560544F26DT20130212085645.jpg

nasar.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom