What's new

Hasina to visit China in July

In your head i am sure what you said made sense but in the real world it does not. No one begged Japan for anything.....and Japan is not rich enough to oblidge even if they wanted to. Japan has given a loan that BD will pay for. If japan could not accomodate we would have gone elsewhere, they are not anything special.
Yet, BD waited for more than three decades asking JICa to help build its MetroRail. Why do not you build your own Metro? With all its waterlogging and garbage disposal issues in Dhaka and poor living conditions, you think it should be regarded as a rich developed country of Asia. So, it should help itself instead of begging others, Japan or what. Why beg others?

Yet, BD waited for more than three decades asking JICa to help build its MetroRail. Why do not you build your own Metro? With all its waterlogging and garbage disposal issues in Dhaka and poor living conditions, you think it should be regarded as a rich developed country of Asia. So, it should help itself instead of begging others, Japan or what. Why beg others?

The reason a metrorail did not take off before is a simple one.... its called priorities.

BD prioritised food self sufficiency, basic education, basic healthcare etc. It really is not rocket science.

No one begged. You do not go to bank and say loan me money without telling them the purpose of the loan. Similarly BD would have sent proposal to Japan who would have assessed the loans viability from their perspective. It passed and deal was done. If Japan did not want to loan there would have been someone else.

We are buying a service, no one is doing anyone any favors, its called business.

The funny part is this bricklane moron still thinks Japan earns more by lending X to BD than doing stuff with it "internally".

That assertion has to stand for his whole argument though, because he thinks Japan is not doing any slightest bit of favour or acting as a donor in some capacity.

Knowing state of BD govt, Japan acts much more than just a "donor" if you ask me.

The funny part is this bricklane moron still thinks Japan earns more by lending X to BD than doing stuff with it "internally".

That assertion has to stand for his whole argument though, because he thinks Japan is not doing any slightest bit of favour or acting as a donor in some capacity.

Knowing state of BD govt, Japan acts much more than just a "donor" if you ask me.

Well he does have a point at least now.

In the past it is true that Japan was being altruistic as it did not get much back from BD. Now the tables have turned somewhat and BD is the fastest growing large economy in the world. Japan is still giving low interest loans but it is of course hoping to generate good-will in BD which it has successfully done.

I would like Japan to be rewarded for it's help to BD over the decade by getting the 16-18 billion dollar contract for the 2nd nuclear power plant to be built by 2030. As long as Japan delivers good quality at a fair price, they should be the partner of choice for BD's nuclear power generation programme.

Because these guys are born with ingrate DNA, I ask them to build MetroRail with their own money and engineering. BD waited more than three decades begging Japan to help it out and now these ingrates are coming out their pet theory that Japan is earning billions by giving BD alms.

With my own experience with our people, I can attest many Bd people can be very ingrate. But, I was not really expecting the same slum-dweller mentality from guys who at least have received formal education and are exposed to the events in other countries. I am disappointed because with this kind of mindset a country cannot progress beyond a certain stage.

This means you really expected Bangladesh to become developed country by 2041.:lol:
No, I do not really expect BD to develop in 2041. The way people are not being properly nurtured or trained Bd will not develop even in 3041. I have read almost thoroughly the history of national development of a few countries like Japan, France, and Germany.

England is a little different again with the infusion of wealth from its colonies, especially the American ones. However, it also developed with its inventions in many fields. Take note of steam engine that used to power the textile mills (is it looms?), and it was France that smuggled some, copied and built its own engines for textile. Think also of electricity.

Japan and Germany learned things, built their own machines, developed them, did researches and built their own machines. That is why Europe and Japan are so developed with such a high standard of living. But, in comparison, what BD has been doing since 1947? It cannot even produce a small pump machine!! So, set the target, not before 3041.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom