What's new

Hasina to visit China in July

Delusional?

You think China is putting massive FDI into power for altruistic reasons? They want the billions of revenue every year for decades to make huge profits.

China is not that well off that it will turn down the fastest growing 100 million + pop economy in the world. It can make hundreds of billions of dollars by commerce from BD over the next few decades and so can BD benefit from China in return.
Both China and BD need each other.

Chinese posters are acting like they are doing BD favours here lol.
USA will make chinese life very difficult in the years to come. China is not even out of middle income yet.

You people did badmouth China a lot on this forum, besides, many Chinese cities having GDP bigger than BD is a hard fact, it's not bragging and that's really nothing to brag about it, we never intend to compare China with BD, just like to remind you that BD is not that important a market to China as some of you guys strongly believe.

Fair enough that BD market is not all that lucrative given Chinas overall external trade.

However that does not mean you have any levarage, infact you have little to none. We are purchaser of your goods to the tune of $10bn and rising whilst you buy hardly anything at all from us. Our economy is not dependent on china at all.

China offers cheap loans for infastructure development to BD as a way of cultivating good will and for BD to take a neutral positioning vis-a-vis India. In many respects that has borne fruit for China.

Now in so far as moving forward there are many areas where our interest converge and I am fully expecting to see increase in interaction and activity.

However as long as China maintains its stance vis-a-vis the ronhingya issue which is inimical to the interest of BD the true potential of cooperation will not be achieved.

Now this may mean little to china (clearly evidence prove otherwise) but it also means equally little to BD. The bottom line is we are self sufficient in most things, we sell mainly to the west and are very integrated into the global logistics system. Chinese loans are not that cheap and with ample reserves and a growing economy BD is not short of options.

China offers cheap loans for infastructure development to BD as a way of cultivating good will and for BD to take a neutral positioning vis-a-vis India. In many respects that has borne fruit for China.

Actually they get more on these loans of 2% interest than in US treasury reserves.

BD has stated that it is not really interested in taking any more loans from China as it can get cheaper loans elsewhere(India etc), wants FDI in sectors like power and can anyhow finance a lot more projects by itself.

BD and China relationship is just based on needing each other now. One area that BD needs China is in the military as only Chinese weapons are guaranteed to be effective against India. China will happily sell these weapons for cash and to exert influence over India.

Delusional?

You think China is putting massive FDI into power for altruistic reasons? They want the billions of revenue every year for decades to make huge profits.

China is not that well off that it will turn down the fastest growing 100 million + pop economy in the world. It can make hundreds of billions of dollars by commerce from BD over the next few decades and so can BD benefit from China in return.
Both China and BD need each other.

Chinese posters are acting like they are doing BD favours here lol.
When i said delusional i meant they wont change policy on Myanmar just because BD might or might not make a nuclear power plant..and contract might go to china..to many what ifs. To be realistic Hasina meeting with china will cause no changes other then "strongly worded" statement about refugees. How ever there might be more signing of investment at BD by Chinese companies. China only bent over country like USA maybe not to BD. Did you notice Indian traders burning Chinese items few month ago in protest of there support to PAK? Did china gives a ****? They dont cause they know Indians dont have a choice but to buy cheap products from them. same goes for BD. you can only pressure a country if you have leverage BD dont have any.

Chinese companies are in the receiving end not Bangladesh. Bangladesh is the customer who is paying the money. Keep that in your mind.

A banker brings in his own crew to build a house for you so you don't have to live in slum, but you guys are acting like the banker owe you something. Some f**k up mindset. :partay:

When i said delusional i meant they wont change policy on Myanmar just because BD might or might not make a nuclear power plant..and contract might go to china..to many what ifs. To be realistic Hasina meeting with china will cause no changes other then "strongly worded" statement about refugees. How ever there might be more signing of investment at BD by Chinese companies. China only bent over country like USA maybe not to BD. Did you notice Indian traders burning Chinese items few month ago in protest of there support to PAK? Did china gives a ****? They dont cause they know Indians dont have a choice but to buy cheap products from them. same goes for BD. you can only pressure a country if you have leverage BD dont have any.

Did I say this will make China change their ways?

You need to read and properly understand our comments.

BD posters are saying that China has no leeway to make BD stop criticising them. What exactly are they going to do to BD if we do not stop? They need to sell their goods to us and also give us loans as it will make them more profit than sitting in US treasury bonds. Also if the Chinese do not sell us weapons, they lose out on business and leverage over India. If China does not pour money into BD infrastructure then others will and make the huge profits.

No BD poster thinks that China can be made to bend by BD but neither Chinese should think that BD will stop publicly rebuking them for their support of Myanmar and oppression of Uighurs.

A banker brings in his own crew to build a house for you so you don't have to live in slum, but you guys are acting like the banker owe you something. Some f**k up mindset. :partay:

What will happen to BD if China stops all business with it tomorrow forever?

Not much apart from the fact that prices will rise a little as it will import some stuff from elsewhere and infrastructure buildup slows down a bit.

What will happen to China?

Well it has lost out on making money on the fastest growing 100 million+ large economy in the world for potentially the next 1-2 decades.

So you see neither country has much leverage over the other.

Did I say this will make China change their ways?

You need to read and properly understand our comments.

BD posters are saying that China has no leeway to make BD stop criticising them. What exactly are they going to do to BD if we do not stop? They need to sell their goods to us and also give us loans as it will make them more profit than sitting in US treasury bonds. Also if the Chinese do not sell us weapons, they lose out on business and leverage over India. If China does not pour money into BD infrastructure then others will and make the huge profits.

No BD poster thinks that China can be made to bend by BD but neither Chinese should think that BD will stop publicly rebuking them for their support of Myanmar and oppression of Uighurs.

What will happen to BD if China stops all business with it tomorrow forever?

Not much apart from the fact that prices will rise a little as it will import some stuff from elsewhere and infrastructure buildup slows down a bit.

What will happen to China?

Well it has lost out on making money on the fastest growing 100 million+ large economy in the world for potentially the next 1-2 decades.

So you see neither country has much leverage over the other.
We buy from China cause we don't have industry for capital machinery of our own. So technically don't have a choice but to buy from them at low price with better quality. If we buy from some where else it will increase cost of business even more since we are famous for being bad at ease of doing business and bureaucratic inefficiency.

Now when you said BD is publicly rebuking China can you share some links where Hasina is calling out china? Or is it just here on this tiny tiny forum by bunch of BD people??

Now when you said BD is publicly rebuking China can you share some links where Hasina is calling out china? Or is it just here on this tiny tiny forum by bunch of BD people??

Dude, Google it.

Nothing. The banker will build house for someone else, and you continue to live in slum just like before.

No there are only so many houses that need building. China just loses the business to someone else.

Dude, Google it.

No there are only so many houses that need building. China just loses the business to someone else.
I did no result. But seriously please share if you have any. I am curious now.

We buy from China cause we don't have industry for capital machinery of our own. So technically don't have a choice but to buy from them at low price with better quality. If we buy from some where else it will increase cost of business even more since we are famous for being bad at ease of doing business and bureaucratic inefficiency.

Not really true. People also thought that beef prices will go really high when India imposed ban on cow exports. It actually reinvigorated the BD beef sector.

What BD buys from china can be easily subsituted (cheap electronics, toys, etc, we do not buy anything important like capital machinery from them) There maybe some short term increase in price. BD private sector is not the same as the GOB and will move quickly to fill the void.

BD is slowly racheting up the pressure on the monkeys. The whore of Rangoon could not even go to proper EU capital and had end up talking to the racist Orban in Hungary about the muslim problem.

BD have effectively kept the rohingya issue in the limelight and is gathering wide spread support for action. It is assisting with ICJ probes. BDs action have directly reduced FDI in monkeyland. It is fully back to being a pariah nation.

You do not need to shout at the top of your lungs to make a point. The chinese are supposedly leading on quiet negotiations between us and the monkeys. BD is participating on those but the Chinese also wanted BD to not internationalise things.

BD have done precisely that. The issue have not been allowed to go quiet. Quite simply BD will press every advantage it has internationally and there is not anything China can do about it.

If the trade war fully kicks of between US and China...expect rapid movement on BDs favor in the rohingya issue.

Not really true. People also thought that beef prices will go really high when India imposed ban on cow exports. It actually reinvigorated the BD beef sector.

What BD buys from china can be easily subsituted (cheap electronics, toys, etc, we do not buy anything important like capital machinery from them) There maybe some short term increase in price. BD private sector is not the same as the GOB and will move quickly to fill the void.

BD is slowly racheting up the pressure on the monkeys. The whore of Rangoon could not even go to proper EU capital and had end up talking to the racist Orban in Hungary about the muslim problem.

BD have effectively kept the rohingya issue in the limelight and is gathering wide spread support for action. It is assisting with ICJ probes. BDs action have directly reduced FDI in monkeyland. It is fully back to being a pariah nation.

You do not need to shout at the top of your lungs to make a point. The chinese are supposedly leading on quiet negotiations between us and the monkeys. BD is participating on those but the Chinese also wanted BD to not internationalise things.

BD have done precisely that. The issue have not been allowed to go quiet. Quite simply BD will press every advantage it has internationally and there is not anything China can do about it.

If the trade war fully kicks of between US and China...expect rapid movement on BDs favor in the rohingya issue.
Well cow and capital machinery not same thing. But i admire how BD keep up pressure on western capitals about Myanmar. Eventually killers will face justice same way Serbian generals did many years later.
Do you have any data what we import from China? i thought most of the textile capital machinery comes from them. But i could be wrong. Its my own assumption.

Well cow and capital machinery not same thing. But i admire how BD keep up pressure on western capitals about Myanmar. Eventually killers will face justice same way Serbian generals did many years later.
Do you have any data what we import from China? i thought most of the textile capital machinery comes from them. But i could be wrong. Its my own assumption.
No most machinery for our textile comes from EU countries, particularly germany. BD textile production needs to conform to western standards and thus employs western equipment as that makes it easier to maintain standards and certifications.

https://wits.worldbank.org//Country...TradeFlow/Export/Partner/BGD/Product/all-grou

Last edited:
After US tighten screw China is caring more for whatever contract they get.

I believe you have no idea how desperately Chinese companies are lobbying in Bangladesh to get contracts. It is one such example.

Chinese Companies Lobby for Contract to Build Bangladesh’s Second Nuclear Plant

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/bangladesh-nuclear-05092019173654.html
But, I just do not understand why you guys are attacking China with no valid reason at all? Why it is bad for a company to seek new projects or a new business in other countries? This is how the world is moving forward.

On the other hand, why we or our large companies are unable to build anything by ourselves in the country but ask China or India to do even a tiny thing. On the other hand, Chinese companies are building their own nation and going abroad to build up a 3rd rate country called Bangladesh. Now, you guys are finding fault at that, very strange.

Talking big has become a national characteristic of BD people. Can you emulate Chinese performances in the next thousand years with such a meritorious group of people like you yourself? About loans and credits, the hands at the receiving end are kept below the hands of the creditors and BD is at the receiving end. Why everyone in Bangladesh is soooo ungrateful? People can criticize China on Rohingya, but not on its help to us.

But, who stops BD to build everything for itself or do something like another Yellow River Bridge in China when you are so critical of Chinese good deeds?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom