What's new

Hasina signed her resignation yesterday

PadmaBridge

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am a big fan of Hasina but unfortunately she signed her resignation yesterday.

Social media means politicians cannot escape poor optics. And ever poorer deal making.

The series of bad deals she has signed, as quid pro quo for Indian support for her regime, will mean BAL cannot rig the next election.

BD military will only tolerate a dictator in uniform not in civilian clothes - as her father found to his cost.

So there will have to be an election. And next election cannot be rigged - it will just result in mass violence.

Unless of ofcourse Modi can come up with something extraordinary just before the election e.g. a deal on Teesta. But will people trust an 11th hour deal? It will seem insincere and fake!!!

Pre BJP, India probably has 20-30% support in BD. Thanks to BJP, and their army of haters, India is now a toxic brand in BD.

I am a big fan of Hasina but unfortunately she signed her resignation yesterday.

Social media means politicians cannot escape poor optics. And ever poorer deal making.

The series of bad deals she has signed, as quid pro quo for Indian support for her regime, will mean BAL cannot rig the next election.

BD military will only tolerate a dictator in uniform not in civilian clothes - as her father found to his cost.

So there will have to be an election. And next election cannot be rigged - it will just result in mass violence.

Unless of ofcourse Modi can come up with something extraordinary just before the election e.g. a deal on Teesta. But will people trust an 11th hour deal? It will seem insincere and fake!!!

Pre BJP, India probably has 20-30% support in BD. Thanks to BJP, and their army of haters, India is now a toxic brand in BD.
I hope there is a free and fair election and peaceful transfer of power.

Teesta deal I can not really see making much of a difference.

It is absolutely critical as BD deals with a global recession that there are no prolonged political agitation that goes on to impact the economy.

BD economic growth has little to do with the political class, at the very least they should ensure their activity does not cause any suffering to the people of BD.

BD economic growth has little to do with the political class, at the very least they should ensure their activity does not cause any suffering to the people of BD.

Wrong here.

BD's economy cannot thrive without long term planning and development of infrastructure and forward policy that only a long-term government of 15-20+ years can provide.

Massive infrastructure projects like Dhaka Metro and SEZs would not have been possible if BD was to revert back to the old ways of government's changing after chaotic elections every 5 years.

Companies like Walton have thrived under long-term policies that only Hasina can provide - in fact you can say that BD government is naturing Walton to be the first global multinational technology company.

Hasina is not going anywhere as the military fully backs her and too many people in BD want stability under her quasi-dictatorship. There may be some grumbling but they know the alternatives are worse.

WTF, why she resigned?
eh ?

she has not resigned. this here genius thinktank material thinks that her making so many concessions to bharat is akin to "resignation" (she will lose the vote except for the fact that she won't because she does not need votes she's appointed as mukhyamantree by kendreey sarakaar).

what military? the riot control and worker oppression force?

Last edited:
She's obviously not resigning but Hasina is probably gone anyway next term to retirement.

One thing I am certain of is that post-Hasina - especially with elections - BD will be back to the dark ages.

First there will be infighting and power struggle within the party - then there will be the power struggle nationally, like the good old days.

I don't relish the idea of Hasina going as she's overseen the greatest era in BD growth - but it's gonna happen regardless so I won't argue about it. History will judge her kindly I think.

Last edited:
She's obviously not resigning but Hasina is probably gone anyway next term to retirement.

One thing I am certain of is that post-Hasina - especially with elections - BD will be back to the dark ages.

First there will be infighting and power struggle within the party - then there will be the power struggle nationally, like the good old days.

I don't relish the idea of Hasina going as she's overseen the greatest era in BD growth - but it's gonna happen regardless so I won't argue about it. History will judge her kindly I think.

Yep!

Without Hasina there will be utter chaos.

Each district will come under local goons who will grind things to a halt.

After Hasina BD will be back to the basket case days under Major Zia and Gen Ershad.

Yep!

Without Hasina there will be utter chaos.

Each district will come under local goons who will grind things to a halt.

After Hasina BD will be back to the basket case days under Major Zia and Gen Ershad.

This will be a thing of the past if Hasina can stay for another term.

The BD of 2029 will simply be another whole different country than that of 2005.

Good infrastructure all over the country, lots of well-paid jobs in IT, electronics and SEZs and a much better educated population with a lot less of those alive who remember the events of 1971. It will be a somewhat mature "middle-income" country after Hasina eventually leaves office.

BD will be just fine as Hasina can stay till the end of this decade. Too many people are being overdramatic here and reacting emotionally rather than logically.

Wrong here.

BD's economy cannot thrive without long term planning and development of infrastructure and forward policy that only a long-term government of 15-20+ years can provide.

Massive infrastructure projects like Dhaka Metro and SEZs would not have been possible if BD was to revert back to the old ways of government's changing after chaotic elections every 5 years.

Companies like Walton have thrived under long-term policies that only Hasina can provide - in fact you can say that BD government is naturing Walton to be the first global multinational technology company.

Hasina is not going anywhere as the military fully backs her and too many people in BD want stability under her quasi-dictatorship. There may be some grumbling but they know the alternatives are worse.

You are free to have your view, I do not share it.

BAL, BNP, JP, JI economic policies are almost identical. BAL had continuity which is the only difference. They have not done a single thing that the other parties would not have done.

What we need are peaceful transitions of power, not one party rule by BAL.

@mmr

I hope there is a free and fair election and peaceful transfer of power.

I am all for a free and fair polls as long as SHW comes back to power.

@PadmaBridge

What bad deal has she signed?

Regards

You are free to have your view, I do not share it.

BAL, BNP, JP, JI economic policies are almost identical. BAL had continuity which is the only difference. They have not done a single thing that the other parties would not have done.

What we need are peaceful transitions of power, not one party rule by BAL.

Please name a single democratic country that has successfully developed since WW2?

Democracy does not work in 3rd world countries.

You cannot get any long term planning when parties change every 5 years.

Nuclear power stations take 10 years to build from initial proposal and Russians more than likely would not have become interested in working with BD if the old party system was in place as they would have no assurance what party would be in power after a few years.

BD economy would have been significantly weaker if AL had not been in power since 2009.
It would have made some progress for sure but definitely would not have now been the fastest growing large developing economy in the world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom