What's new

Happy Diwali...& 10 Exotic Indian Desserts You Must Try This Diwali

anant_s

Reaction score
Country
India
happy-diwali-animated-cards-2014.gif

Happy Diwali to you and your families.
I hope the festival of lights brighten up your lives.
Have a Safe and Happy Deepawali. May God Bless us all.

deepavali-greeting-quotes.jpg

& what would festivities be without fabulous mithais

1. Kaju Barfi or Kaju Katli
‘Kaju Barfi’ also known as Kaju Katli or Kaju Katari is the most common sweet dish made in India. It is made by thickening milk with sugar and lots of Cashew Nuts.

1_Kaju-Barfi.jpg

2. Pineapple Sheera
‘Pineapple Sheera’ is a simple but popular sweet in India. It is popularly known as Sooji ka Halwa at many places. Sweet, soft, delicious Sheera with the magic of tangy Pineapple is just irresistible.

2_Pineapple-Sheera.jpg

3. Cham Cham
‘Cham Cham’ is a Traditional Bengali sweet that is popular all over India, Pakistan & Bangladesh. Though a Bengali Sweet Dish but to your surprise it was actually originated in Balia district of Uttar Pradesh. The main ingredients of this dish are flour, cream, sugar, saffron, lemon juice, and coconut flakes.

3_Cham-Cham.jpg

4. Rasgulla
‘Rasgulla’ is a popular dessert. A small white spongy ball made of chhena cooked in light syrup made of sugar.It is surprisingly delicious and very sweet indeed!

4_Rasgulla.jpg

5. Anjeer Barfi
‘Anjeer Barfi’ is an exotic sweet and is very quick to prepare too.

5_Anjeer-Barfi.jpg

6. Rasmalai
‘Rasmalai’ – The name Ras Malai comes from two parts in Hindi: “Ras” meaning “juice” and “Malai”, meaning “cream” It consists of sugary white, cream or yellow colored balls of paneer soaked in malai flavored with cardamom.

6_Ras-Malai.jpg

7. Gulab Jamun
‘Gulab Jamun’ – Description not needed! Just two words to describe this awesome dish *MOUTH-WATERING*

7_Gulab-jamun.jpg

8. Shrikhand
‘Shrikhand’ is a semi soft, sweetish sour, whole milk product prepared from Curd. You can’t just get away from the flavors of cardamoms and saffron

8_Shrikhand.png

9. Jalebi
‘Jalebi’ is very popular sweet out of all the Indian sweets. The Orangish looks of this beauty melts the hearts of many.

9_Jalebi.jpg

10. Gajar Ka Halwa
Just a perfect sweet for any Occasion is the famous Gajar Ka Halwa!!

10_Gajar-halwa.jpg

Last edited:
Stay away from the firecracker shops guys, a firecracker market got gutted tonight in Faridabad, some 200 shops got burned. My sister and niece escaped it by a whisker. They left the market just 5 minutes before the fire started. They captured the event on the phone. Say no to bloody firecrackers and its market.

If the cat in your DP is you then that cat (you) should be put to sleep early on diwali and with ear plugs on. :D
I am safe in my underground cat bunker. It's the goats that have to fear. And street dogs. :(

I love the lights, the rockets and the stars in the sky. Ah and the smell. Also the rows of diyas. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom