What's new

Hangor-class: Pakistan's new Submarines?

I take offence to your attitude both as a Pakistani & as a Sindhi. Should I spell out similar stereotype for you (whatever you may be) & for the rest of the ethnicities in Pakistan? How will you feel about that? Before you even answer let me tell you that I'll be absolutely livid at myself for being racist to anyone because this is not the nature of Sindhis. Sure we have problems with corrupt PPP regime & colonial waderas but as a nation & civilization, we are still more generous & respectful than any other ethnic group in this country.

As for the submarines, yes, they should have been classified as Sindhi Class or even Pakistan Class; with each unit named after the provinces and autonomous regions; i.e. PNS Sindh, PNS Balochistan, PNS KPK, PNS Punjab, PNS Gilgit Baltistan, PNS Azad Kashmir, etc ...

Its also high time that to call the Arabian Sea & the Indian Ocean by its ancient name; i.e. Sindhu Sagar or Sindhi Samand.

Without taking any side of yours and that other guy every ethinicity in Pakistan has its share of positives and negative attitude ... my best friend and one of my associate are sindhi of Larkana and as per them PPP has destroyed sindh and its culture ... a vast majority is inclined towards getting degrees through cheeting and other illegal source ... a vast majority's prime abojective is to get hovernment job to earn bribe money ... poeple openly disclose their unofficial income and feel proud on it ...

I have no dount that my sindhi brother must be great person in hospitality and kindness however right now in terms of corrupt practices the record of the people in power of sindb province and its educated class is one of the worst ...

I m emphasizing this not to defame you but to make you guys realoze that KPK is about to overtake Sindh as second most advanve province of Pakistan and it is high twam that we should wake up and start realizing our mistakes ... no corrective measures can be taken unless you recognize tbe problems ...

This is concern of a Pakistani on a brother lossing health day by day and eventually falling behind other brothers in progress ...

Without taking any side of yours and that other guy every ethinicity in Pakistan has its share of positives and negative attitude ... my best friend and one of my associate are sindhi of Larkana and as per them PPP has destroyed sindh and its culture ... a vast majority is inclined towards getting degrees through cheeting and other illegal source ... a vast majority's prime abojective is to get hovernment job to earn bribe money ... poeple openly disclose their unofficial income and feel proud on it ...

I have no dount that my sindhi brother must be great person in hospitality and kindness however right now in terms of corrupt practices the record of the people in power of sindb province and its educated class is one of the worst ...

I m emphasizing this not to defame you but to make you guys realoze that KPK is about to overtake Sindh as second most advanve province of Pakistan and it is high twam that we should wake up and start realizing our mistakes ... no corrective measures can be taken unless you recognize tbe problems ...

This is concern of a Pakistani on a brother lossing health day by day and eventually falling behind other brothers in progress ...

Generalising is wrong my friend, we have great people and scumbags in every province, until recently Punjab is we're voting for sht head NS, and KP for ANP.

Generalising is wrong my friend, we have great people and scumbags in every province, until recently Punjab is we're voting for sht head NS, and KP for ANP.
Probably you are right as my experience is mostly with the sindhis as i m from Karachi but whatever i stated are views of my best friend who is sindhi from Larkana ...

It's still a generalizing & stereotyping. It's like saying "All Sindhis are not corrupt people but all corrupt people are Sindhis." I would like to think of myself as an educated person belonging to an educated family. Or at least I was educated enough to serve with a prestigious military organization in a civilian capacity for some years. Most educated Sindhis are hard working and quite successful people, & they have achieved their position on merit. In Karachi, you'll find more Sindhi doctors than ever. Every next bank teller is a Sindhi. Factories increasing prefer Sindhi employees. Most security guards outside banks and homes are Sindhis. The knowledge and intelligence of the younger generation of Sindhis from cities like Hyderabad, Sukhar, etc, will give you run for your money. Sindh writers produce & publish literature on a daily basis (you read that right). I have an urban upbringing with strong rural roots. Even with my strong distaste for rural life, I have discovered that most uneducated or less literate people (including many waderas) of Sindh are of a higher character & more generous in their behavior. Flip the coin & see that what you perceive to be a 'khota sika' is not only NOT KHOTA but increasingly becoming value maximizing. In short, look at the other side of the picture.

Sindhis by and large do not like PPP, whether educated or illiterate, urban or rural. The urban Sindhis, especially ones living in Karachi, do not even vote them. Their vote went to PTI in the last two elections. But overall vote goes to PPP, not because Sindhis like them but because we lack strong alternative that could represent us on the federal level. Since the creation of Pakistan, even the most rural constituencies have rejected ethno-nationalists (some who held separatist ideologies) in favor of those who can represent the province & its people (no matter who they are) on the national level. No other province has completely or comprehensively rejected such ethno-nationalists. No wonder Quaid and Muhtarma Fatimah Jinnah found more support in Sindh province than anywhere else. In 2018 Elections one major reason the anti-PPP opposition could not gain seats was that they brought in goons, including nationalists. Let's not go into the debate on who created this goon-alliance. PTI had a chance to prove itself to Sindhis (& Urdu speaking people) with their 2018 electoral win. But now with the gas crisis, Sindhis are being pushed back to PPP. I'll also not be surprised to see the resurgence of MQM if things keep going the way they are.

I suppose the original poster - to whom I took offense - is not going to humble himself. But let us be humble & respectful to each other. Our words & ignorance hurt our Bengali brothers & look at what happened in the end. Now that I have vented myself here, let's just end this discussion here & talk of our future submarines, who perhaps will not be called Sindhi Class, or Balochi Class, or Pakistani Class, but they'll be our pride, prestige & main naval punch.

It's still a generalizing & stereotyping. It's like saying "All Sindhis are not corrupt people but all corrupt people are Sindhis." I would like to think of myself as an educated person belonging to an educated family. Or at least I was educated enough to serve with a prestigious military organization in a civilian capacity for some years. Most educated Sindhis are hard working and quite successful people, & they have achieved their position on merit. In Karachi, you'll find more Sindhi doctors than ever. Every next bank teller is a Sindhi. Factories increasing prefer Sindhi employees. Most security guards outside banks and homes are Sindhis. The knowledge and intelligence of the younger generation of Sindhis from cities like Hyderabad, Sukhar, etc, will give you run for your money. Sindh writers produce & publish literature on a daily basis (you read that right). I have an urban upbringing with strong rural roots. Even with my strong distaste for rural life, I have discovered that most uneducated or less literate people (including many waderas) of Sindh are of a higher character & more generous in their behavior. Flip the coin & see that what you perceive to be a 'khota sika' is not only NOT KHOTA but increasingly becoming value maximizing. In short, look at the other side of the picture.

Sindhis by and large do not like PPP, whether educated or illiterate, urban or rural. The urban Sindhis, especially ones living in Karachi, do not even vote them. Their vote went to PTI in the last two elections. But overall vote goes to PPP, not because Sindhis like them but because we lack strong alternative that could represent us on the federal level. Since the creation of Pakistan, even the most rural constituencies have rejected ethno-nationalists (some who held separatist ideologies) in favor of those who can represent the province & its people (no matter who they are) on the national level. No other province has completely or comprehensively rejected such ethno-nationalists. No wonder Quaid and Muhtarma Fatimah Jinnah found more support in Sindh province than anywhere else. In 2018 Elections one major reason the anti-PPP opposition could not gain seats was that they brought in goons, including nationalists. Let's not go into the debate on who created this goon-alliance. PTI had a chance to prove itself to Sindhis (& Urdu speaking people) with their 2018 electoral win. But now with the gas crisis, Sindhis are being pushed back to PPP. I'll also not be surprised to see the resurgence of MQM if things keep going the way they are.

I suppose the original poster - to whom I took offense - is not going to humble himself. But let us be humble & respectful to each other. Our words & ignorance hurt our Bengali brothers & look at what happened in the end. Now that I have vented myself here, let's just end this discussion here & talk of our future submarines, who perhaps will not be called Sindhi Class, or Balochi Class, or Pakistani Class, but they'll be our pride, prestige & main naval punch.

Well said and totally agree.

Love you brother ... if most of Sindhis think like tou then i am definitely wrong... lets get back to the topic

Kp has tried all almost all parties in last 3 /4 rounds

FYI the Hangor's official specifications as per KSEW at IDEAS 2018.

s9IHZ-_GGkUSkYBbg4JQhSK9az2KUDGQAORiU9J4ycBqqH_ZoZ10WFUHlvX2bFZOkyQzLPHmuqPXbIeUqXYOs8h0XKnK-J81jbszy224p7onIXuwpqe58qI94Dlsemoirm3dTYbOrKNQsq0ZDD3_mVdYcEq6m-3ot8vhB6VMtjvPWYybOfxUulyJjuw2KHTN1RLkTuoF9oqh2ql4GmK6Fob6RX4uFhPNAoIiBNGILxL7W94jnvP84YoEFQQVTHohCJKpahDUWnD8YJTLnJOdwEGiLHqTjQV9zSndXOP0Kxa-W27igydJEAbC4346y36M0W4Hm5Vp7bWVNPeEYVAHQ_SohjeebY7o5066GdTEiJn1dagSljHFFiO0mk6LBsMdsGqaTs0XxPZ5tqVQuOnKW2cuac-4jsoTi3jaVB5mxWnv5eFiuq1JJQYY79qNk8Xx7I5VaNaOQPKqgl6FYUXoWcAOUqgcCK7mqgz_tT7tsIPSbQXyImbq6-Z7p8iBcdmJXmnH5HkpMfXcfkXCd5l6raxSW9o_DxAMn0USuVRSlo7CGo5-iQXG1uDOc_i9GuWv9GWzfUrj8Hg2XU1P--T0GX7eDNtc7Dvb6sjLTifwLBY3N-1UKDSWNtd0w2JnsxRrpW_3N0dNsa_kzMv-mHgCCfytzl7PVRRHWPYTMGaP8AkCpbgcmmlFyDs4d7ofYozUpeLz4qTJHYzoEKxINA=w1292-h969-no

sSsBnoOsYeLwPVhhJWVE0BEXsU1fPh4i4NTlaIjZ0U8C6Evazq8tauoYdBp2_nEefkdM5tJ54F8q9-hI7qHwaT8pfmdfPtpGlTEEahVrngzvLuXSNeN6qiPz82Wh2hNpxnNti4ALN4VJGY6Ubcd3Zgg3umEN7kI_-1uDyIAR9OZc4IExbQBRUFtGzTd6-rK3rX-drSJ0Ku2O8e7282eeD4CwBKnNWqoPpJosS50DLeTLCRTRSwa0VHmp_zlRHYaoylV02xH9ZCxRSJenPrzVjs0e8AcF553qb326x7jepDZL3DI15vmWt8agvuy2Qek6TpQ9AyZmRe0huQFOqJno36I7INVgX7iO_9XaXr_dH2pG5cX77ufFGw_31Lacw8FLImZDdbRmHzWObBtcf_4ZCzJKPY1aVxyECrz5CpHklEWbLwDDN8fNLmt6T1Mc8eHcwW5VYVpOciJ31JTlCOg5OmdjxIjb0r4L_WoTfHRJLZWyVAochqyZeI6OfwAoOPoRQ8JjFoeNqAfkEP3qR_JXJS5FtltoDTyZwiH9Xi2XzVTAd3G5Skad2A8QLVRMD3P23HSmlMpjjUW4HgD_yMX876YRq2l9o120hnQy4Q1SFcspKsPSntUEK6Xmc85eSWnJjHw3n7Pn0uEth1iFMoe55isa-tt9qmBVDnPxjB0e-5arlIb3u4sk6uGN-tmRhMc_W0OIdGIphs8dv7TFHA=w1292-h969-no

For reference, here were CSOC's specs for the S26T (export Yuan):
C7eWR2v4KGMfRm0Y_Kka7kIHTSwx18v67dv8Q2EE7uk8xweSZjBHV_Sb-G2rMSd3wUjzXqQUgN1ugCJ1p1QTmNrmht_mWYTLDhs5K8zPhy858iZCbw22-w-fTqEofEq12B3l0suGksYU5shXQPIxcCVJC1P-9iuf7xJfZKqx4D_C7kB2u2BSAaV0orN7V-myOPjq-8UgTji2rv-acoBihztsLNDFlk6zJM1fhke1Mu1YF-yAUJU6rIDPgDyCfx6s927hTNIEV7hMqYE0MfIWteU-hFSJye0J_PCCDpdIwiZG24_INXmuCQ9XtaSK5vpdgwgcBYhSJeNkc-LdwSNDMRjSfCqzJDHcJqWGys7bfE8aLBBnwNZghqnQef5nGsWxYPadNpmphMwb_YGyiV-tRn1sR6FNKFjg6-grF01NlUPaV30JMtNR0F3zu6d5AA0QuYOP3XCUQefY72Bg-IHXIjVNUnjdCLA78ZHydG_LnqLv08e04mj49CpuwwuLPLIe2V0TRR6mZWvNPX8758FOfqyzHNDu73eLjx5AiYX-r4iod6jIsGnkthw2I-UO_lUXsb9bkwMXMZm_5zTqLjOwhD0hUgp6OD_KlUL7Rdyp6m7rhVKZmmRlO4ElaAYNNZsaHe82FzfXd1cRGXql--ns2bBTRfN9jxcrKlzBwgBscW8QTLAqmV9CxfYClKeuXuiGKayjslNcCKnilIzsYQ=w1292-h969-no
Hi,
This looks like a modified S20 class submarine ... (as S26 thai one are also made on S20)

You can see three VLS behind conning towers there (which are not there with Thai submarine)

Moreover Thai navy or PN order have cost implications as well

PN order consist of 4-5 B USD for 8 submarines (which is around 600 Million USD/Sub) while thai navy order is around 1.16 b usd for three which is around 385 million usd /submarine

Hi,
This looks like a modified S20 class submarine ... (as S26 thai one are also made on S20)

You can see three VLS behind conning towers there (which are not there with Thai submarine)

PN order consist of 4-5 B USD for 8 submarines (which is around 600 Million USD/Sub) while thai navy order is around 1.16 b usd for three which is around 385 million usd /submarine

So Babur CM would be fired by VLS in new subs and not by torpedo tubes as earlier believed

Hi,

Only 3 vls

Hi,

That's an interesting observation. I'm not sure if they're VLS though, but I hope...

Back
Top Bottom