What's new

Handguns Info Bank.

@sandy_3126 - I am a newbie - so can you comment on gun storage as well.

Sir,

Storage and safety is of utmost importance, and equals the handling of firearms. First thing I would recommend is to get a biometric gun safe for both rifles and handguns. You live in US and once you are bitten by the gun bug, trust me your arsenal will keep increasing. Get yourself a good biometric rifle safe for atleast 5-8 guns if you plan to buy any rifles in future. Also store a all you ammo in a case with lock.

I practice redundant safety in storage of all my long arms. I run either action locks in all my rifles or remove their bolts rendering them non-functional, even if someone is able to break into my safe.

For pistols, mags are stored at a seperate box which contains all my ammo.

Always have some silica gel in ammo and gun lockers to ensure there is no excess moisture, keep all your metal surfaces exposed coated with oil.

This should be a good start

Thanks bro. It took me more than a year to convince my wife to own a gun but need to lie low till after the new year due to the newtown incident(happened near my city) - She was more concerned about the storage of the gun itself(from legal and safety perspective).

Sirji, newtown had nothing to do with the legal gun ownership. Go ahead and get a tool to protect your loved ones and also learn a life skill which will always be with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RescueRanger Can you please provide the pricing of Glocks in Pakistan and info on vendors?

Sure thing sir, Glock 17 is available with buksh elahi in Lahore for PKR 270,000.

You can have a chat with Maj. Abid from PARA or try Majied & Sons (he is expensive). Personally if you are after a decent and affordable pistol for self defence then i would recommend the Zigana K 9mm, the best thing to come out of Turkey and a bargain at 25k.

PM me if you need the name of a dealer.

Also sir, the great people at PakGuns can be a great asset and provide a wealth of information:
http://pakguns.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentlemen; please do post your own handguns on the thread, also feel free to share your experience with the firearm, its history, and the general feel of the hand gun.

Sure thing sir, Glock 17 is available with buksh elahi in Lahore for PKR 270,000.

You can have a chat with Maj. Abid from PARA or try Majied & Sons (he is expensive). Personally if you are after a decent and affordable pistol for self defence then i would recommend the Zigana K 9mm, the best thing to come out of Turkey and a bargain at 25k.

PM me if you need the name of a dealer.

attachment.php

This one?, how does it compare against the CF-98? , I do have a 92FS. I was trying to get my hands on a NPB license and find a way to import HK-416 [Mehmitch-1] from Turkey :D

attachment.php

This one?, how does it compare against the CF-98? , I do have a 92FS. I was trying to get my hands on a NPB license and find a way to import HK-416 [Mehmitch-1] from Turkey :D

Yes sir that is the one, fired tons of ammo with that at PTS and i must say it handles so bloody well, although if you have a genuine Italian M92FS, then stick with it. For the HK-416, you can get a Korean copy .223 for 220,000 from a vendor in R.Pindi.

Yes sir that is the one, fired tons of ammo with that at PTS and i must say it handles so bloody well, although if you have a genuine Italian M92FS, then stick with it. For the HK-416, you can get a Korean copy .223 for 220,000 from a vendor in R.Pindi.

I'd like to see pictures.

The CZ-75 Family, cousins and relatives.

The CZ 75- The BOSS
The CZ 75 is a semi-automatic pistol made by Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod (CZUB) in the Czech Republic. First introduced in 1975, it is one of the original "wonder nines" featuring a staggered-column magazine, all-steel construction, and a hammer forged barrel. It has a good reputation amongst pistol shooters for quality and versatility at a reasonable price, and is widely distributed throughout the world. It is also the most common gun in the Czech Republic

CZ75-1-1CP40WVHM9-1024x768.jpg

The Italian Connection

Tanfoglio TZ-75
Due to politics the Czechs could not market their pistol in the United States and because CZ failed to secure world patent protection for their design, a number of firms copied it. Foremost Italian firm Fratelli Tanfoglio made good business marketing the pistol to the West with the design being so solid, that two shooters, US national Doug Koenig and Frenchman Eric Grauffel, have won the hard fought IPSC World Championship using pistols based on CZ 75 design. That was tremendous endorsement for any handgun design because all other World Champions up to the time had used pistols based on the John Browning 1911 format.

FIE+TZ-75.jpg

MY OWN TZ 75

2012-12-22_13-33-10_606.jpg

The Israeli Baby Eagle / Jericho 941
The original Jericho 941 was based on the well-respected CZ-75 pistol designed and produced by Česká zbrojovka (CZ) of the Czech Republic and built using parts supplied by the Italian arms house Tanfoglio, which had been making their own CZ-75 clones. Using a well-tested design allowed IMI to avoid the teething problems most new pistol designs experience, and subcontracting much of the basic fabrication work to Tanfoglio allowed IMI to quickly and economically put into production a pistol that would have enough Israeli content to satisfy government contract requirements.

Jericho_941F.jpg

The Turkish Relative SAR - K12
Based on the classic CZ-75 pattern, which has to be the most copied pistol design in the world, these are hefty, accurate pistols.
SAR-K12.jpg

Magnum research - Baby Eagle
be9915r.jpg

New gen CZ 75 SP-01 Poly frame
08%20CZ%2075%20SP-01%20Tactical.jpg

Eastern Bloc Pistols

TT pistol/TT33
This 7.62 X 25 Tokarev, Semi auto handgun, is very similar to John Browning's blowback operated FN Model 1903 automatic pistol, and internally it uses Browning's short recoil dropping-barrel system from the M1911. In other areas the TT-33 differs more from Browning's designs - It employs a much simpler hammer/sear assembly than the M1911, with an external hammer. This assembly is removable from the weapon as a modular unit and includes cartridge guides that provide reliable functioning. The Soviet engineers also added several other features such as locking lugs all around the barrel (not just on top), and made several alterations to make the mechanism easier to produce and maintain, notably a captive recoil spring secured to the guide rod which does not depend on the barrel bushing to hold it under tension. Production even machined the magazine feed lips into the receiver to prevent damage and misfeeds when a distorted magazine was loaded into the magazine well.
Pistol_TT33.jpg

KWA-TT-33-1L.jpg

Makarov pistol/ PM ( Pistolet Makarova)

Semi auto, firing the 9x18mm Makarov, resulted from a design competition for replacing the Tokarev TT-33 semi-automatic pistol and the Nagant M1895 revolver.[2] Rather than building a pistol to an existing cartridge in the Soviet inventory, Nikolai Makarov utilized the 9x18mm Makarov cartridge designed by B.V. Semin in 1946. For simplicity and economy, the Makarov pistol was of straight blowback operation, with the 9x18mm Makarov cartridge being the most powerful cartridge it could safely fire. Although the nominal calibre was 9.0mm, the actual bullet was 9.22mm in diameter, being shorter and wider and thus incompatible with pistols chambered for 9x19mm Parabellum cartridges. Consequently, Soviet ammunition was unusable in NATO firearms and, in the event of war, NATO forces would be unable to use ammunition from Soviet sources.

f1makbulg.jpg

Steckin Pistol auto

The Stechkin pistol was originally chambered for 7.62×25mm Tokarev. Stechkin changed the pistol to the 9 mm caliber used in the new Makarov pistol (PM), as it became clear that this cartridge was set to become the new service ammunition for handguns of the Soviet Army. In 1951, both the Makarov and Stechkin were introduced into the Soviet military arsenal, replacing the aging Tokarev TT-33. They have little in common except for the simple unlocked blow-back mechanism.
In contrast to the Makarov, the Stechkin APS has an automatic fire mode, which is selected using the safety lever. In burst or automatic fire, the pistol should be fitted with the wooden or metal shoulder stock; otherwise, the weapon becomes difficult to control.
41154_03_NBB%20%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%8F.jpg

CZ52

The CZ 52 utilizes a fairly uncommon short recoil operating system in which two vertical rollers are used to lock the barrel and slide together, via a cam block. This is similar to the system used in the German MG 42 machine gun, which itself hearkens back to a Polish patent of the 1930s. This arrangement results in an unusually strong lockup which, conventional wisdom holds, allowed the Czechs to load ammunition for it to higher pressure levels (and therefore, higher velocity and energy) than compatible ammunition manufactured in other Warsaw Pact countries. This oft recited "fact" is, however, debatable. The bottom of the CZ 52 chamber measures 0.058", whereas the supposedly weaker TT33 Tokarev pistol measures 0.125" at the bottom of the chamber.

5203.jpg

MP-443 Grach/Yarygin Pistol
MP-443 Grach (Russian: Грач, "Rook"), is the latest Russian standard military-issue side arm. It was developed in response to Russian military trials, which began in 1993. In 2003, it was adopted as a standard sidearm for all branches of Russian military and law enforcement, alongside GSh-18 and SPS.
9mm_Yarygin_pistol_PYa.jpg

Viking variant
MP-446-Viking.jpg

GSh-18
The pistol's name is derived from its designers—Gryazev and Shipunov, and the number 18 denotes the magazine capacity. It is also designed to fire the new Russian 9x19mm 7N21 and 7N31 (Cyrillic: 7Н21 and 7Н31) +P+ armor-piercing rounds.

GSh-18_18.jpg

Desert Eagle

Caliber: .50 AE
The Desert Eagle was originally designed by Bernard C. White of Magnum Research, who filed a US patent application for a mechanism for a gas-actuated pistol in January 1983.[5] This established the basic layout of the Desert Eagle. A second patent application was filed in December 1985, after the basic design had been refined by IMI (Israel Military Industries) for production, and this is the form that went into production.
magnum_ve_desert_eagle_wallpaper-t2.jpg

0.50AE compared to 9mm
50_AE_1.jpg

SIG FAMILY

SIG P210

The SIG P210 is a single-action pistol, with a magazine capacity of eight rounds of 9 mm, 7.65 mm, or .22 Long Rifle (.22 LR). It is a licensed development from French-Swiss designer Charles Gabriel Petter's Modèle 1935 pistol. It has a frame-mounted manual safety that blocks the trigger and a magazine disconnecter safety that blocks the trigger when the magazine is removed. It has a 120 mm high quality barrel (150 mm in the 210-5 variant) and the pistol is very durable and reliable. The slide and frame are machined from blocks of steel, which makes production rather costly compared to recent pistol designs, manufactured of pressings and welds.

Its hammer action is built into a removable assembly for easy maintenance, after the fashion of the Tokarev TT-30 pistol, whereas its slide rides inside the frame rails, rather than outside as in the traditional Browning pattern. This latter featured mimics the frame-to-receiver interface of its predecessor in Swiss military service, the Luger pistol, allowing for a very tight fit between the slide, barrel, and frame without compromising reliability. This construction feature contributes to the unusually high accuracy for which the SIG P210 is known. It ships with a 50-meter (54.7 yd) test target typically showing a group of five to ten shots in a cluster under 5 cm (2 in) in diameter.

p210_left_1200.jpg

SIG Sauer P220

The P220 operates by the locked breech short-recoil method pioneered by John Browning. On firing, the slide and barrel are locked together until, after a few millimetres of rearward movement, the barrel is cammed down at the rear after the pressure has dropped enough when the bullet has departed the barrel, whereupon the slide completes the rearward stroke ejecting the spent cartridge. The recoil spring then propels the slide forwards, stripping a round from the magazine, and in the last few millimetres of forward movement, the barrel is cammed upwards at the rear, locking the slide and barrel together again. Instead of the locking lugs and recesses milled into the barrel and slide of other Browning-type weapons as the Colt M1911A1, Browning Hi-Power and CZ 75, the P220 variants (and many other modern pistols) lock the barrel and slide together using an enlarged breech section on the barrel locking into the ejection port. This simplifies manufacture but has no functional disadvantages. The slide of the P220 series is a heavy-gauge sheet metal stamping with a welded-on nose section incorporating an internal barrel bushing. The welding is so well-executed it is almost impossible to detect. The breech block portion is a machined insert attached to the slide by means of a roll pin visible from either side. The frame is of forged alloy with a hard-anodised coating. While designed for ease of production, the SIG 220 series is of the highest quality and there is no compromise in durability or functionality compared to pistols produced using more traditional methods. The SIG P220 series incorporates a hammer-drop lever to the rear of the trigger on the left side, which first appeared on the Sauer 38H before World War I. After chambering a round, the hammer will be cocked, so for safe carriage the hammer drop is actuated with the thumb, dropping the hammer in a safe manner. The P220 also introduced a firing pin block safety which is activated by the trigger mechanism—similar to the one used in the Colt M1911's Series 80 pistols. The pistol may now be holstered, and can be fired without actuating any other controls. The first shot will be fired in double action mode, unless the firer chooses to manually **** the hammer. Double action trigger pressure is around 12–14 pounds, and subsequent shots will be fired in single action mode with a lighter trigger pressure of around 6 pounds.

P220-S-Match-detail-L.jpg

SIG Sauer P226
The SIG P226 is a full-sized, service-type pistol made by SIG Sauer. It is chambered for the 9×19mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, and .22 Long Rifle. It is essentially the same basic design of the SIG P220, but developed to use higher capacity, staggered-column magazines in place of the single-column magazines of the P220.

SIGSauerP226.JPG

SIG Pro Series

The SIG Pro is a short recoil operated, locked breech semi-automatic pistol. It uses a traditional Browning cam-operated locking system. The barrel locks into the slide via enlarged ejection port.
The frame is made from polymer, with detachable grip panels. Grip panels can be easily replaced and are available in several different sizes and shapes.
The overall design is slightly different from earlier SIG-Sauer pistols such as P220 or P226, as there is no separate disassembly lever on the frame and the slide stop lever looks quite different.

300px-SIG_Pro_by_Augustas_Didzgalvis.jpg

Anyone ever owned any of these:
20qneab.jpg

TT-33 clone in .30 variants, could be "fiddled" to fire full auto, resulting in often disastrous consequences.

I have been bitten by bug of collecting soviet bloc firearms... I highly admire the 7.62 x 25 tokarev round and the fire work at the muzzle it brings. I often look at Jgsales website and think of buying a tt33 but have controlled my self till now. I was very close to buying the CZ52 chambered in the same round last year, but the dealer offered a TZ75 at the last minute at price which was hard to refuse at that time. And a week later the CZ52 was gone. Have you shot the TT33 any stories worth sharing??

I have been bitten by bug of collecting soviet bloc firearms... I highly admire the 7.62 x 25 tokarev round and the fire work at the muzzle it brings. I often look at Jgsales website and think of buying a tt33 but have controlled my self till now. I was very close to buying the CZ52 chambered in the same round last year, but the dealer offered a TZ75 at the last minute at price which was hard to refuse at that time. And a week later the CZ52 was gone. Have you shot the TT33 any stories worth sharing??

CZ52 is a really nice bit of kit, With regards to the TT33, yes indeed i have owned both the local Peshawar manufactured and a Romanian clone. The local ones if manufactured by reputable gunsmiths then you have no problem, but there are a few on Kohat road that sell utter garbage that will blow up in your hand :P

CZ52 is a really nice bit of kit, With regards to the TT33, yes indeed i have owned both the local Peshawar manufactured and a Romanian clone. The local ones if manufactured by reputable gunsmiths then you have no problem, but there are a few on Kohat road that sell utter garbage that will blow up in your hand :P

When I became a gun owner, I joined an indian gun forum, One very helpful member there educated me about the 7.62 x 25 round and the dazzling muzzle flash it brings. I was wondering how does it shoot, I have shot only the 9mm, .40 and .45, what would be the closest comparable caliber characteristics you would rate it too. Recently I made a choice only to own 9mils, to ensure I dont have too many calibers in the cabinet, Hence I am trying to stay away from russian mil surp psitol cartridges but then the price of surplus firearms are like super magnets.

I have been super fascinated by the gunsmiths of pakistan. I really really hope their trade craft survives the tough times imposed by gun regulations. Pakistani filmmakers should try and make documentaries on this subject.

Back
Top Bottom