What's new

Handguns Info Bank.

MilSpec

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Before we start this thread about handguns, please do read the basics of firearms safety.

The three basic general rules of safe gun handling.

Always point the muzzle in a safe direction; never point a firearm at anyone or anything you don't want to shoot.
Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
Keep the action open and the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.

II. Additional specific rules of safe gun handling

Safety Rules Related to the Shooter and His Behavior.

Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
Never pass a firearm to another person, or accept a firearm from another person, until the cylinder or action is open and you've personally checked that the weapon is completely unloaded.
Before handling any firearm, understand its operation.
Never rely on any mechanical device for safety.
Think before shooting: once you pull the trigger you can't take back the shot you've just fired!
Never joke around or engage in horseplay while handling or using firearms.
Be alert at all times; never shoot if you're tired, cold or impaired in any way. Don't mix alcohol or drugs with shooting.
Don't sleep with a loaded firearm in your bedroom if you sleepwalk, have nightmares, sleep restlessly or have other sleep problems.
Safeguard your sight, hearing and health. Always wear eye and ear protection. Endeavor to limit your exposure to heavy metal particulates and gases, and minimize your contact with aromatic organic solvents (such as those commonly used in gun cleaning products).
If you see unsafe behavior any time when firearms are being handled or used, speak up and take action to correct the unsafe behavior at once.
Receive competent instruction from a qualified person before beginning to shoot. If questions arise later, after you've been shooting for a period of time, get answers to those questions from a competent authority.

Firearm Safety

Colt45-1911A1_0168C_2.jpg

1911/ M1911,

Popular caliber: 45 ACP

Designer : John Moses Browning

Action Type: Single action Semi Auto

The M1911 pistol originated in the late 1890s as the result of a search for a suitable self-loading (or semi-automatic) handgun to replace the variety of revolvers then in service.The United States was adopting new firearms at a phenomenal rate; several new handguns and two all-new service rifles (the M1892/96/98 Krag and M1895 Navy Lee), as well as a series of revolvers by Colt and Smith & Wesson for the Army and Navy, were adopted just in that decade.

Of the six designs submitted of 1906 trials of pistols from six firearms manufacturing companies (namely, Colt, Bergmann, Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken (DWM), Savage Arms Company, Knoble, Webley, and White-Merril; three were eliminated early on, leaving only the Savage, Colt, and DWM designs chambered in the new .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) cartridge. These three still had issues that needed correction, but only Colt and Savage resubmitted their designs. There is some debate over the reasons for DWM's withdrawal—some say they felt there was bias and that the DWM design was being used primarily as a "whipping boy" for the Savage and Colt pistols, though this does not fit well with the earlier 1900 purchase of the DWM design over the Colt and Steyr entries. In any case, a series of field tests from 1907 to 1911 were held to decide between the Savage and Colt designs.Both designs were improved between each testing over their initial entries, leading up to the final test before adoption.
Among the areas of success for the Colt was a test at the end of 1910 attended by its designer, John Browning. Six thousand rounds were fired from a single pistol over the course of two days. When the gun began to grow hot, it was simply immersed in water to cool it. The Colt gun passed with no reported malfunctions, while the Savage designs had 37

Some good points, personally i have found teaching weapon safety works best when using acronyms that can be easily remembered.

The best one when conducting NSP: Normal Safety Precautions is always use LMFT: Loaded?, Muzzle, Finger, Target. And one i learnt from a foreign instructor for stoppage drill is SCHL: Stop, ****, Hook, Look. Weapon handling is commonsense really, and it should be remembered that guns don't kill people, people kill people.

nice thread sandy...
you will have to keep adding info on your own. Dont expect much help from members here...unless you open a troll thread,and it will balloon to 10 pages in an hour :D

Striker Fired Special

Glock family

The Glock pistol, sometimes referred to by the manufacturer as Glock "Safe Action" Pistol, is a series of semi-automatic pistols designed and produced by Glock Ges.m.b.H., located in Deutsch-Wagram, Austria. The company's founder, engineer Gaston Glock, had no experience with firearm design or manufacture at the time their first pistol, the Glock 17, was being prototyped. Glock did, however, have extensive experience in advanced synthetic polymers, knowledge of which was instrumental in the company's design of the first successful line of pistols with a polymer frame. Glock introduced ferritic nitrocarburizing into the firearms industry as an anti-corrosion surface treatment for metal gun parts

Calibers:
9×19mm Parabellum
10mm Auto
.45 ACP
.40 S&W
.380 ACP
.357 SIG
.45 GAP

Glock 17 9mm
Glock17.jpg

Glock 22 .40 S&W
Glock_22_surrounded_by_.40_Hydra-shok_bullets.jpg

Glock 20 10mm
glock-20sf.jpg

Glock 21 45 ACP
glock21.jpg

Glock 37 45GAP
hgglock_0305a.jpg

Striker Fired Series

Smith and Wesson M&P series:
The Smith & Wesson M&P (Military and Police) is a polymer-framed, short recoil operated, locked breech semi-automatic pistol introduced in the summer of 2005 by the American company Smith & Wesson. It uses a Browning-type locking system. While targeted at law enforcement agencies, the M&P is also available on the commercial market.

Smith & Wesson M&P9L Pro Series C.O.R.E.

178058_01_md.jpg

Caliber: 9mm
Capacity: 17+1 Rounds
Action: Striker Fire (Double Action)

For more info
M&P Handguns - Smith & Wesson

Five seven is the best handgun in the world IMO

Beretta 92/M9

The Beretta 92 (also Beretta 96 and Beretta 98) is a series of semi-automatic pistols designed and manufactured by Beretta of Italy. The model 92 was designed in 1972 and production of many variants in different calibers continues today. The United States Armed Forces replaced the Model 1911A1 .45 ACP pistol in 1985 with the military spec Beretta 92F, the M9.
Although only 5,000 copies of the original design were manufactured from 1975 to 1976, the design is currently produced in four different configurations (FS, G, D and DS) and four calibers:
92 series in 9×19mm Parabellum
96 series in .40 S&W
98 series in 9×21mm IMI
98 and 99 series in 7.65mm Luger

Beretta92_5_800.jpg

Beretta_M9_Wallpaper_lu4ie.jpg

Beretta_92FS_INOX_2.jpg

Taurus Clone PT92
pt92ar.jpg

Striker Fired Series

Smith and Wesson M&P series:
The Smith & Wesson M&P (Military and Police) is a polymer-framed, short recoil operated, locked breech semi-automatic pistol introduced in the summer of 2005 by the American company Smith & Wesson. It uses a Browning-type locking system. While targeted at law enforcement agencies, the M&P is also available on the commercial market.

Smith & Wesson M&P9L Pro Series C.O.R.E.

178058_01_md.jpg

Caliber: 9mm
Capacity: 17+1 Rounds
Action: Striker Fire (Double Action)

For more info
M&P Handguns - Smith & Wesson

Bro - thanks for opening this thread. I was eyeing couple of guns and one of them is

Cabela's: Smith & Wesson Engraved Model 29 Revolver

- nostalgic feelings due to Dirty Harry. Can you comment on this?

Beretta 92/M9

The Beretta 92 (also Beretta 96 and Beretta 98) is a series of semi-automatic pistols designed and manufactured by Beretta of Italy. The model 92 was designed in 1972 and production of many variants in different calibers continues today. The United States Armed Forces replaced the Model 1911A1 .45 ACP pistol in 1985 with the military spec Beretta 92F, the M9.
Although only 5,000 copies of the original design were manufactured from 1975 to 1976, the design is currently produced in four different configurations (FS, G, D and DS) and four calibers:
92 series in 9×19mm Parabellum
96 series in .40 S&W
98 series in 9×21mm IMI
98 and 99 series in 7.65mm Luger

Beretta92_5_800.jpg

Beretta_M9_Wallpaper_lu4ie.jpg

Beretta_92FS_INOX_2.jpg

Taurus Clone PT92
pt92ar.jpg

sweeet any james bond stuff??

@sandy_3126 - I am a newbie - so can you comment on gun storage as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro - thanks for opening this thread. I was eyeing couple of guns and one of them is

Cabela's: Smith & Wesson Engraved Model 29 Revolver

- nostalgic feelings due to Dirty Harry. Can you comment on this?

Sir ji, It's a stunner. a true beauty, you cant go wrong with a model 29, I would prefer a longer barrell, but then again it depends if you every want to carry it, this barrel is fine. I have always wondered what Indian craftsman would have been able to achieve when it comes to engraving on pistols and rifles.
I have taurus tracker on my radar as my next, but my wife may kill me if I spend more on firearms!

P.S Do look up Indiansforguns.com if you are not a member already.

@RescueRanger Can you please provide the pricing of Glocks in Pakistan and info on vendors?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir ji, It's a stunner. a true beauty, you cant go wrong with a model 29, I would prefer a longer barrell, but then again it depends if you every want to carry it, this barrel is fine. I have always wondered what Indian craftsman would have been able to achieve when it comes to engraving on pistols and rifles.
I have taurus tracker on my radar as my next, but my wife may kill me if I spend more on firearms!

P.S Do look up Indiansforguns.com if you are not a member already.

Thanks bro. It took me more than a year to convince my wife to own a gun but need to lie low till after the new year due to the newtown incident(happened near my city) - She was more concerned about the storage of the gun itself(from legal and safety perspective).

We need finger print guns like james bond had in Skyfall, it wont shoot if it does recognize the finger prints

Back
Top Bottom