What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding one more think that Navy also want navlaise version but ej200 is not tested in sea environment or you can say salty water condition if we want we need to bear on ourself and give some money and for this it will talk time consuming mean more delay more costlier. but ge414 already tested ...
Please keep in mind that only 6 N-LCAs are ordered so far and who knows if they will go in production anyway (latest reports hints something else). However, it should be clear that we can't take 100 inferior engines (GE 414) for IAF, only to get maybe a dozen for N-LCA.
As I said in th LCA thread, if we compare both offers just with the best for LCA in mind, there can't be any other choice than the EJ 200! Around 95kN thrust, less weight and TVC, in combination with Astra missile, AESA radar, low RCS and delta wings could make LCA MK2 to a first class interceptor!
With these benefits and more ToT that is on offer, it clearly also pays back the higher costs!

If the design of the aircraft needed to be changed according to the engines, will this derail the induction of LCA with Kaveri; since the new design also needed to be tested.

Dec 08, 2009

INS Hansa (Goa) In the final phase of its tests before formal commissioning, India’s indigenous light combat aircraft Tejas went past its ultimate speed of 1,350 KMPH over the Goa skies and clocked the fastest speed ever, a top IAF officer said on Tuesday.

“The aircraft went past its ultimate speed of 1350 kmph on December 7 over the skies in Goa after take off from the naval air station INS Hansa,” Commander Rohit Varma, project director (flight test), National flight test centre, told reporters here.

“This is the fastest speed ever achieved by an Indian- made fighter aircraft,”
he said.

The aircraft also passed flight flutter test diving from an altitude of four kilometers to almost sea level at 900 feet.

“Tejas has already passed high-altitude tests in Leh, the desert rigours in Rajasthan and now it has proved its worth over the maritime space in Goa,”
Varma said.

The IAF has already ordered 20 LCAs from HAL at a contract worth Rs 2701.70 crore. The fighters are to be delivered by 2013.

The LCA, a project of aeronautical development agency (ADA) is the first supersonic fighter craft manufactured indigenously by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).

The aircraft will have naval and Indian air force version, of which the latter is undergoing testing at Goa naval base.

“It can fly from a base and also from an aircraft carrier,” P S Subramanyam, Programme Director (Combat aircraft) and director, ADA, said.

The officials confirmed that the naval version of the aircraft would be attached to aircraft carrier Gorshkov once the aircraft is inducted for operations.

Subramanyam said the LCA-naval will have capability to take off from ski jump platform of aircraft carriers. “The development of the naval version is progressing very fast.

There are few glitches but we will overcome them.”
The IAF is likely to base the lightweight multi-role jet fighters at Sulur in Coimbatore. “They are earmarked for squadron no 45, which will be the first LCA squadron,” Varma said.

The HAL has manufactured four aircraft which are being put under rigorous testing by fighter pilots.

Varma said a team led by Captain Jaydeep Malawankar was testing the aircraft before their induction into the defence force.

Air vice Marshal Shankar Mani told reporters that the first consignment of four aircraft would be delivered by January 2011, followed by eight aircraft in 2012 and another eight in 2013.

Fighter aircraft Tejas clocks fastest speed during testing - Express India

I am beginning to feel proud of LCA, the continuous success makes me believe that we have gone past the stage where there can be any doubt of its success. I am sure we will meet the next deadline set.

hey skull

do u have any idea which AC is this,i mean it is PV5 or LSP3 or is it same old :) LSP 2

what ? are you seriously kidding me? This is the fastest speed it has achieved? Sukhoi mki itself has a top speed of 2.3 mach ( around 2800km/h.)

A real disgrace if this information is true. Nothing to feel proud of at all.

it is definetely is an error. Could be 1350 miles per hour. 1350 km/h too slow

I think there is some problem in the unit ....

we already know LSP1-2 reach mach1.1 in their first flight...

which is about 378 m/s or 1360Km/hr...:what:

So,its definitely not 1350km/h,either number is wrong or unit is wrong....:undecided:

Any way if we take this as a m/h then it become ..2172.6144 km/h :woot::azn:

It means:Mach 1.7 :):devil:

Man i am getting goose bum now...:lol:

what ? are you seriously kidding me? This is the fastest speed it has achieved? Sukhoi mki itself has a top speed of 2.3 mach ( around 2800km/h.)

A real disgrace if this information is true. Nothing to feel proud of at all.

The speed of any aircraft is a function of the altitude at which it is flying. The top speed of MKI which you cite is the speed it can achieve at very high altitudes of greater than 2400 km where the density of the air is very low. At such altitudes the drag experienced by an aircraft is on the lower side. Similarly, the LCA Tejas too is expected to have a top speed of about Mach 2 at such altitudes. This news report does not mention at what altitude this speed was achieved. It also does not mention if the aircraft engaged afterburners to achieve such a speed. If afterburners weren’t engaged then this is a highly commendable achievement. The report merely mentions that the LCA has achieved its highest speed so far in all the tests conducted. The IOC date is set for end of 2010, by which time the LCA will achieve its highest design speed at high altitudes.

So, my dear friend why do you conclude something the report does not suggest?

So is it LSP2 or LSP3 or new PV-5

And yes if it is at sea level then Mach1.1 is certainly not bad...:)

But no altitude is mention there not even which aircraft it is,such a crap reporting..:angry:

hey skull

do u have any idea which AC is this,i mean it is PV5 or LSP3 or is it same old :) LSP 2

It certainly wasn't the PV5. It could have been PV1, PV3 or LSP2. Those were the only three that flew on Dec-7.

(08-Dec-09)Tejas-LCA

Also, notice that the frequency of test flights has increased dramatically in the past few days.

Indian-made fighter plane Tejas clocks fastest speed .:. newkerala.com Online News -6923

Indian-made fighter plane Tejas clocks fastest speed

Panaji, Dec 8 : Light combat aircraft (LCA) Tejas notched a speed of over 1,350 km per hour -- the fastest by an indigenously-made fighter aircraft -- during its sea level flight trials off Goa Tuesday, a senior Indian Air Force official said.

Tejas which is undergoing rigorous testing in saline, humid marine conditions in and off the coast of Goa, had performed admirably in the two-week long trials in Goa, Air Commodore Rohit Varma who is also the commanding officer of the Bangalore-based National Flight Testing Centre (NFTC) told reporters at the INS Hansa naval base Tuesday. :agree:

"The trials which lasted for two weeks comprised of flutter clearances, weapons firing, performance, stability and avionics validation. The LCA is the first supersonic fighter being manufactured indigenously by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL),":smitten: Varma, an elite pilot himself, said.

As part of the initial operational clearance, the Aeronautics Development Agency (ADA) had inducted three aircraft to Goa for conducting various sea-level flight tests, he said.

Varma also said that the LCA had already been tested in other extreme atmospheric conditions.

"Tejas has already been tested for high altitude and cold climate at Leh and in the desert environment of Rajasthan," he said. "During the trials Tejas clocked in excess of 1,350 kmph," Varma said, adding that the ADA in tandem with HAL was also in the process of manufacturing a naval version of the LCA.

"While the present trials are in progress for the air force version, the first prototype aircraft for the navy is also under production. The LCA-navy will be capable of taking off and landing on an aircraft carrier," he said.

The LCA is expected to cost Rs.150 crore per aircraft and will find its home at the Sulur air force base near Coimbatore. The Indian Air Force has already ordered 20 LCAs from HAL, which will be delivered to them by 2013.

Air Vice Marshal Shankar Mani, who was also present during the media briefing, said the IAF could place a further order of 20 more LCAs after the first order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom