What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
lcaairbrakes.jpg

NLCA auto ramp mode description (audio and video out of sync) (one of many steps towards unmanned operations)

About LCA wake testing that is currently underway

Last edited by a moderator:
Livefist: LCA Tejas Sports Python & Derby

DSC08352-726044.JPG

DSC08351-728778.JPG

India's LCA Tejas twin-seat trainer mock-up on display at Aero India 2013 for the first time shows it alongside a Rafael Python-5 IR short-range air-to-air missile and a Rafael Derby BVRAAM. The latter is a stopgap in the event that the Astra isn't delivered on time, and also for testing requirements. Also on the mockup are the R-73 and the Astra.

Journalist Tamir Eshel over at Defense Update reports, "Assuming the Astra missile currently developed for the aircraft not meet the full flight envelope performance goals, the IAF and Indian Naval Aviation are integrating the Derby and Python 5 missiles on the aircraft, along with Russian R73 that was slated for the aircraft from the beginning, to meet the required full-operational capabilities level for the fighter. These weapons will be needed primarily to meet the Indian Navy requirement for carrier air defense, as the LCA will begin to replace the Sea Harriers that currently carry those missions with these weapons."

Can you guys tell me that till now how many missiles ( A2A,A2G etc ) have been integrated on LCA.
Does LCA has flare . I didn't see any pic of firing flares.

Thanks In advance.

Can you guys tell me that till now how many missiles ( A2A,A2G etc ) have been integrated on LCA.
Does LCA has flare . I didn't see any pic of firing flares.

Thanks In advance.

Flare is small thing, I am sure it will be there in LCA or It will added later, Without it IAF will not take LCA.

R73 : Missile tested with LCA (A2A)
Unguided bomb : tested in CHitradurga testing range Karnataka.
Guided bomb: I think it is tested..

Weapons can be integrated later as well.. Few important testing..
1. Night capability tested, I personally have seen LCA taking off at 7:30 PM and landing sometime near 8:00 PM.
2. Flight flutter test,
3. Summer trial.
4. Goa test.
5. AoA test
6. High altitude test.
7. Supersonic test etc...

Flare is small thing, I am sure it will be there in LCA or It will added later, Without it IAF will not take LCA.

R73 : Missile tested with LCA (A2A)
Unguided bomb : tested in CHitradurga testing range Karnataka.
Guided bomb: I think it is tested..

Weapons can be integrated later as well.. Few important testing..
1. Night capability tested, I personally have seen LCA taking off at 7:30 PM and landing sometime near 8:00 PM.
2. Flight flutter test,
3. Summer trial.
4. Goa test.
5. AoA test
6. High altitude test.
7. Supersonic test etc...

well acording to my sources Python 5 and Derby are also integrated

To perform Cobra...a thrust vectored engine...so expecting Cobra from Tejas would be asking for too much.

Did Su-27 had a TVC engine when it first performed Cobra flown by Pugachev in Paris Air Show many decades
ago?

Did Su-27 had a TVC engine when it first performed Cobra flown by Pugachev in Paris Air Show many decades
ago?

Do you really want to compare Tejas with Su-27 .... well I am not sure whether it had a TVC when Su-27 did its first cobra...but I know that almost all fighters with that capability are powered with TVC engine.

LCA simulator ready

For visitors wanting an up-close, personal hands-on feel of the country’s LCA (Light Combat Aircraft) that dazzles the sky, there awaits the simulator, on ground, to provide them that enthralling experience.

Aero India 2013 has three simulators set up by Russia, France and India; two though will be closed for the general public. The only simulator accessible is Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas.

The simulator, starved of power during the first three days, is finally up and running. “The situation was bad with organisers having not supplied power on the initial two days. We are now seeing huge crowds lining up to get a feel of the actual LCA,” said a DRDO official.

The DRDO has now decided to provide a three-minute “experience” of Tejas to the public. “The simulation, from takeoff to landing, is close to 15 minutes. But with swelling crowds, we have cut it down to two to three minutes,” the official explained. Those that had the opportunity were thrilled at the experience.

Russian manufacturers of MiGs are shutting down their simulator due to ‘lack of space’. “It’s an expensive machinery. We do not want to take chances by opening it to the public,” said United Aircraft Corporation staffer.

Rafael Advanced Defence Systems & IAI, have a simulator for SPIKE missiles. However, a Rafael staffer said they may be shutting it down as it was meant only for experts to give them a feel of spike missiles loaded onto the helicopters.

This is by far the longest thread in PAF. as this is the longest airplane project in human history.

This is by far the longest thread in PAF. as this is the longest airplane project in human history.

Dear.. you are confounded... and hallucinating too much !!

PAF stands for Pakistan Air Force. :laugh:

And Indians dominate this forum in terms of numbers .. so what's new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom