What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are the specs of current radar used in LCA?

414s could even find its way in Mk1..

A total of 100 mk1s with 414s .. well i am not sure.. but lets hear it from experts.

no just 40 mk1 will be made. A.k. antony said we will have 40 mk1 and need around 200 mk2 tejas about mk2 he didnt say anything for sure just hinted that we need but avoid saying if we will build that many.

One Journalist asked ACM Naik that what are the other aircrafts to which LCA was comparable..?

And he answered " Only one, Gripen -NG in single engined aircraft . We are not upto them but will be on par and even better them in coming years ".

Now its on you what you read between the lines..

One Journalist asked ACM Naik that what are the other aircrafts to which LCA was comparable..? And he answered " Only one, Gripen -NG in single engined aircraft . We are not upto them but will be on par and even better them in coming years ".

Now you want people to jump here and troll? :chilli:

One Journalist asked ACM Naik that what are the other aircrafts to which LCA was comparable..?

And he answered " Only one, Gripen -NG in single engined aircraft . We are not upto them but will be on par and even better them in coming years ".

So basically he's drawing a compasrion between MMRCA and LCA, & it doesn't look very unfavorable at all. Nice.

simulator for TEJAS
Flight simulator
To support the aircraft a dome-based Mission Simulator has been developed by the Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bangalore. It was inaugurated by deputy chief of air staff of Indian Air Force. It has been used to provide design support during the initial phase of LCA development in particular handling quality evaluation and planning and practicing mission profiles.

[edit]
source wiki

what are the specs of current radar used in LCA?

It is E/M 2032 MMR radar, have a range of 150 Km

In fact IsAF wanted to replace their SUFA radar (Northrop AN/APG-68(V)9 ) with Elta 2032, but Americans didn't agree..

It is E/M 2032 MMR radar, have a range of 150 Km

In fact IsAF wanted to replace their SUFA radar (Northrop AN/APG-68(V)9 ) with Elta 2032, but Americans didn't agree..

These are the specs of original radar and can easily be available on wikipedia ,if i had to know about it i would simply had on wikipedia

As far as i know and many other indians also claim that it is not the basic one rather has some inputs by india and few changes are made to it,so i was asking for the specs of that

And apart from the range i want to know about the number of targets it can track and the number of targets it can engage simultaneously plus the output power in watts

These are the specs of original radar and can easily be available on wikipedia ,if i had to know about it i would simply had on wikipedia

No one can give you the information which is not available online..

As far as i know and many other indians also claim that it is not the basic one rather has some inputs by india and few changes are made to it,so i was asking for the specs of that

Yes..The radar is not El-2032. Instead it is a hybrid radar of Indian MMR and El-2032..

LCA 'Tejas' all set for Initial Operational Clearance news

10 January 2011

Bangalore: India's prestigious indigenous fighter development programme crosses a historic milestone today with the 'Tejas' Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) programme achieving Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) status here.:toast_sign:

Indian defence minister AK Antony will hand over the service certificate of the LCA to chief of air staff , air chief marshal PV Naik, which will allow the IAF to fly the LCA till Final Operational Clearance (FOC) is achieved and the multi-role fighter is inducted into operational service.
The FOC is hoped to be achieved by the end of 2012, officials said.

'The Tejas handing over will be another red letter day for the Indian aerospace industry, a decade after its first prototype made a maiden flight Jan 4, 2001,' former ADA director and the father figure of the LCA programme, Kota Harinarayan said.

With a mix of Mark I and II versions, the IAF eventually hopes to induct as many as 200 or 10 squadrons of these small size fighters into service.:yahoo:

The fly-by-wire supersonic fighter was developed over a decade by the state-run Aeronautical Defence Agency (ADA). It is manufactured by the Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) at Bangalore.
domain-b.com : LCA 'Tejas' all set for Initial Operational Clearance

Yes..The radar is not El-2032. Instead it is a hybrid radar of Indian MMR and El-2032..

Yes ..it is HYBRID, hardly any details available in outside regarding the additionals

And apart from the range i want to know about the number of targets it can track and the number of targets it can engage simultaneously plus the output power in watts

Hardly you will get the details available except the basics. ELTA & IAI always keep it clasified, i.e range of their BVRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom