What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it IAF has already ordered 40 LCA Mk-1 + few trainers(8 or so) some months back, are these 20 in addition to 40 or just a part of 40, whose oder was placed last year.

If these are part of already placed 40 AC then why such news are posted again n again.

Isn't it IAF has already ordered 40 LCA Mk-1 + few trainers(8 or so) some months back, are these 20 in addition to 40 or just a part of 40, whose oder was placed last year.

If these are part of already placed 40 AC then why such news are posted again n again.

thats exactly what i said in a diffrent thread earlier the answer is simple either shiv has got his informers as complete retards or he wants too much attention :hitwall:

Only 1 squad, or 20 fighters were ordered so far, but another squad was speculated for some time and now it seems that MoD cleared that procurement. Nothing really new, but probably fixed now and imo a good move for the LCA development (although my hope is fully on LCA MK2)!

What is going on at the LCA front ? any news or updates ? the ADA website shows no test flights for some time !! Things have been quiet !

Does DRDO have enough F404 engines for an additional 20 LCA's?

Does DRDO have enough F404 engines for an additional 20 LCA's?

I think they should be having adequate number of engines for 20 LCA's ...infact they should be having more...since N-LCA has also rolled out and 404 is used on it also...Further all the test aircrafts can also be cannibalized for engines -- ofcourse this depends when the tests will end :)

I think they should be having adequate number of engines for 20 LCA's ...infact they should be having more...since N-LCA has also rolled out and 404 is used on it also...Further all the test aircrafts can also be cannibalized for engines -- ofcourse this depends when the tests will end :)

Right, I can't remember the last time engines were ordered - do you know how many?

we had 8 for development purposes and ordered 17 more in 2004..that would make it 24in total. I'm not sure if we have ordered any more after that.

Its more than 24.

2004- 17
2007- 24

Total 41 according to the GE Press Release.

Press Release
F404-GE-IN20 Engines Ordered for India Light Combat Aircraft

February 07, 2007 -- BANGALORE, INDIA -- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has ordered an additional 24 F404-GE-IN20 afterburning engines to power the first operational squadron of Tejas fighter aircraft for the Indian Air Force. Value of the order is in excess of $100 million and follows an initial 2004 purchase of 17 F404-GE-IN20 engines to power a limited series of operational production aircraft and naval prototypes.

GE - Aviation: F404-GE-IN20 Engines Ordered for India Light Combat Aircraft

Well it isnt sure if the order is to exceed more than 40. My guess is till the time there is no official release from GOI for me the news is as good as Al Capone running for president

LCA-Tejas has completed 1410 Test Flights successfully. (13-Aug-10).

* (TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-160, PV3-223,LSP1-59,LSP2-154,PV5-16, LSP3-14,LSP4-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom