What's new

HAL Rudra to get IOC by month end

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
According to sources close to idrw.org , indigenously developed ‘Rudra’ Attack helicopter will likely get its Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) by this month end.

Rudra is an armed version of HAL Dhruv. Rudra is equipped with Forward Looking Infra Red and Thermal Imaging Sights Interface, a 20 mm turret gun, 70 mm rocket pods, Anti-tank guided missiles andAir-to-Air Missiles.
Bangalore-based Center for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC) will be providing HAL Rudra IOC by month end and HAL Rudra will be ready for Induction from 2013 on-wards . HAL Rudra comes in two variants , Mark III variant of ALH WSI comes with Electronic Warfare, countermeasures, sensors and targeting systems installed, but does not feature weapons. Mark IV variant of ALH WSI will have a French Nexter 20 mm turret gun, Belgian 70 mm rockets, and MBDA air to air and air to ground missiles, such as the anti-tank Helina missile .

Indian army and Indian air force has total initial orders, close to 76 Rudras . The Indian Army is hoping to raise the first squadron of the Rudra by March 2013 and deploy it with one of the three strike corps — the Mathura-based 1 Corps, Ambala-based 2 Corps and Bhopal-based 21 Corps. The army has already ordered for 60 Rudra to raise six squadrons of 10 helicopters each.

HAL Rudra is also test-bed for weapons platform which will also go into HAL developed Light combat Helicopter , many of the current systems in HAL Rudra will also find its way into final prototype of LCH . Army has placed orders for 60 HAL Rudra and Indian air force has placed orders for 16 .

IOC and Induction of HAL Rudra in Indian army will provide much needed Aerial fire power to Indian army and close air support to Indian troops against enemy tanks and armored vehicles .

HAL Rudra to get IOC by month end | idrw.org

good news. rudra production is moving faster than LCH.

good news. rudra production is moving faster than LCH.

Not at all, the ALH WSI has been in development for almost a decade. The LCH project will only take 4/5 years of devlopment and testing because many of the technologies have already been tested on the ALH WSI.

+ am eagerly awaiting the finished project and to see it in its final spec and in service.

Not at all, the ALH WSI has been in development for almost a decade. The LCH project will only take 4/5 years of devlopment and testing because many of the technologies have already been tested on the ALH WSI.

+ am eagerly awaiting the finished project and to see it in its final spec and in service.

anyhow am also waiting for PV-1 of both LCH and rudra.

Rudra.jpg

The image here is a photoshopped...Just look at the wings..

The image here is a photoshopped...Just look at the wings..

It is and if I remember right it was even an Indian member of this forum, but as I often say idrw.org is not a reliable source.

Rudra comes in two variants , Mark III variant of ALH WSI comes with Electronic Warfare, countermeasures, sensors and targeting systems installed, but does not feature weapons. Mark IV variant of ALH WSI will have a French Nexter 20 mm turret gun, Belgian 70 mm rockets, and MBDA air to air and air to ground missiles, such as the anti-tank Helina missile .

BS, there are no 2 versions and Rudra was always tested with weapons.

It is and if I remember right it was even an Indian member of this forum, but as I often say idrw.org is not a reliable source.

BS, there are no 2 versions and Rudra was always tested with weapons.
I know!

This is a Mark III FFS!

Dhruv%2BMk%2BIII.jpg

Where is the EO pod? Where are the MAWS?

IDRW a joke that has been proven wrong time and time again. They are complicit in the misinformation of the Indian armed forces that happens day after day.

This is a good news. We must simply hope its inducted into army fast. Godspeed/

The good thing is that Hal Rudra will also help reducing the final price LCH as LCH will share alot of its tecnology HAL Rudra...

Assualt rifle

Man i believe the AR programme must go hand in hand with F INSAS programme. I dunno where that bloody project is heading into.
Seems a lot of delay in selecting the rifle and manufacturing of devices.

F INSAS is the most important programme

Man i believe the AR programme must go hand in hand with F INSAS programme. I dunno where that bloody project is heading into.
Seems a lot of delay in selecting the rifle and manufacturing of devices.

F INSAS is the most important programme

Sir i don't know if you have been following the recent news on this front:

Indian army to upgrade infantry weapons - UPI.com

Foreign AR, deliveres starting early 2014.

It's confusing because I have heard DRDO will still be brining out their Multi-cal AR for the F-INSAS project.

Back
Top Bottom