* Crew: 2
* Length: 15.8 m (51ft 8in)
* Rotor diameter: 13.3 m (43 ft 6 in)
* Height: 4.7 m (15 ft 4 in)
* Disc area: 138.9 m² (1472 ft²)
* Empty weight: 2550 kg (5621 lb)
* Loaded weight: 4000 kg (8818 lb)
* Useful load: 2950 kg (6503 lb)
* Max takeoff weight: 5,500 kg (12125 lb)
* Powerplant: 2× HAL/Turbomeca Shakti turboshafts, 900 kW (1200 hp) each

Performance

* Never exceed speed: 330 km/h (178 knots, 207 mph)
* Maximum speed: 275 km/h (148 knots, 171 mph)
* Cruise speed: 260 km/h (140 knots, 161 mph)
* Range: 700km (297 nm, 342 mi)
* Service ceiling: 6400 m (21,300 ft)
* Rate of climb: 12 m/s (2362 ft/min)
* Disc loading: kg/m² (lb/ft²)
* Power/mass: W/kg (hp/lb)

Armament

* Guns: M621 20 mm cannon on Nexter THL-20 turret
* Rockets: Unguided rockets
* Missiles: MBDA air-to-air missiles
Air-to-surface missiles
Anti-radiation missiles
Helina ATGM(8)
* Bombs: Iron bombs
cluster bomb units
grenade launcher

LCA has been discussed in detail under the relevant thread. Kindly read those and you would understand.

LCA was sanctioned in 1983 not in 1990. Its 25 years old program and still in testing phase. Here is one link that is relevant:

Sanctioned in '83, LCA Tejas is yet to take off-India-The Times of India

Thats exactly what it was "SANCTIONED" - IT WAS SANCTIONED IN 1983 - THE WORK ON IT "SERIOUSLY BEGAN" IN 1990 - Its the same thing as "sanction" and "disbursement" of a loan - IT IS A 4.5 gen plane - leaping from a 2nd gen capability i.e. "HAL MARUT" to a 4.5 gen Capability i.e. "HAL Tejas" in 20 years is commendable - We did not make any planes in the interim no 3rd or close to 4th gens like the FC-1 or JF-17 - What we lost there - we more than made up in the "TEJAS" - WHICH IS WHY INDIA IS NOW FOCUSING ON THE NGFA OR MCA which will be a 5th gen plane in characteristics with stealth features.

Anyhow regarding the topic - I know the 1st flight of LCH will be soon as it has been delayed by a couple of weeks each time a date has been chosen over the past few weeks - SO I AM GUESSING THEY WANT TO BE SURE OF EACH AND EVERY MODULE before making the first flight!

Since you missed the news, let me refresh your memory that Pakistan already did that expecting India to do the same as well which by the way never happened and we all know why, doesnt fit India's equation of war Hysteria and domination.:disagree:

You miss the point - Pakistan increasing or decreasing aid will not affect India why? - COS WE HAVE A COMMUNIST REGIME SITTING ON TOP OF OUR HEADS and increasing expenditure on defense by manifold year after year owing to its expansionist policy - We are not worried about Pakistan as much as we are worried about China coming down on our heads! Its as simple - "PAKISTAN IS NOT THE CAUSE OF EXTRA MILITARY EXPENDITURE" IT IS CHINA!

any new abt the flight coze last time i here the news that it will take first flight of march 2010.

as usual date of first flight getting pushed back...HAL is so irritating at times..

as usual date of first flight getting pushed back...HAL is so irritating at times..

but unusually they developed this very quickly.
I know its derived from dhruv, but better than Arjun and LCA.

i was talking about first flight sir jee...it was supposed to fly in jan itself...march is already over(almost)...no info about that..(unless i missed this)..

i was talking about first flight sir jee...it was supposed to fly in jan itself...march is already over(almost)...no info about that..(unless i missed this)..

thand rakh yaar. Tension ni leni.

Give it a couple of months. We'll see it in action.:smitten:

BANGALORE: India has successfully flight tested a prototype of the Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), designed and developed by the state-run
Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), a top official said Tuesday.

"The maiden test flight of the LCH Monday evening was successfully. Though it was a short haul lasting about 20 minutes, the performance was good," HAL chairman and managing director Ashok Nayak told IANS.

The 5.5-tonne attack copter is a derivative version of HAL's flagship product Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH), christened Dhruv.

"We will be conducting more test flights to evaluate its various parameters at different altitudes and conditions. We are looking at reducing the weight considerably for better manoeuvrability," Nayak said.

Made of lightweight composites, the LCH can operate at high altitudes up to 6,000 metres or 18,000 feet.

The prototype was flown with Shakti engine, developed by HAL in partnership with Turbomeca, the French manufacturer of aero engines for global aerospace majors.

"Plans to launch the flight trials of LCH have been going on over the last couple of months but got delayed due to reassessment of its various functions and flight control systems," a official of the company's copter division said.

HAL plans to hard-sell about 150-175 units of the LCH to the Indian defence services, mainly Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Army, which already operates the military version of Dhruv for various functions.

Senior officials of the company's helicopter division and IAF were present at the HAL airport to witness the test fight.

The LCH will be equipped with a helmet-mounted targeting system, electronic warfare systems and advanced weapons systems.

The LCH will incorporate a number of stealth features and crash-worthy landing gear for better survivability. It will have a narrow fuselage, with two crew stations.

Back
Top Bottom