What's new

Hakim Ullah Mesud to be made to Surrender !

"...it would be a good move for you to begin taking an interest in the Pashtun majority "West of the Line", maybe public opinion will turn around for you as well."

What pashtu majority?

Plurality maybe? There's a difference that you should, by now, be fully aware-

C.I.A. World Factbook

Pashtu 42%, Tajik 27%, Uzbek 9%, Hazara 9% just for starters.

Add them up. By themselves the tajiks, uzbeks and hazara hold an advantage. Pashtus have an enormous advantage politically-not unlike a military defending internal lines- but until they mobilze themselves politically it'll lie dormant.

Thanks.:usflag:

"...it would be a good move for you to begin taking an interest in the Pashtun majority "West of the Line", maybe public opinion will turn around for you as well."

Too bad Pakistan hasn't taken any interest in promoting solid ties with the MAJORITY of Afghans...you know? The 58% that AREN'T pashtu.

No telling how different this world might be but...you've your cross to bear (pardon the crusader pun) as well in building bridges between peoples.

Too bad Pakistan hasn't taken any interest in promoting solid ties with the MAJORITY of Afghans...you know? The 58% that AREN'T pashtu.

No telling how different this world might be but...you've your cross to bear (pardon the crusader pun) as well in building bridges between peoples.

Pakistan helped 3 million or more Afghan Refugees based on their condition and not on their ethnic background.
In post US attack scenario this number soared to around 5 million.

Pakistan is carrying out 500Million USD worth of works in Afghanistan, keeping in mind the economic condition of Pakistan this is a very sincere effort to promote better ties on a people to people level.

I do not think Pakistan deliberately ignores the other ethnic groups, however historically the people to people ties amongst the Pashtuns have been strong and with good reason since they have much in common due to same background and geographical proximity.

My Question: Will US let this happen???

Once our forces were close to capture Baitullah, he dies in a drone attack. Same will be repeated here.

KIT Over

"Pakistan is carrying out 500Million USD worth of works in Afghanistan, keeping in mind the economic condition of Pakistan this is a very sincere effort to promote better ties on a people to people level."

Maybe. Your Kidney Center is going to Khost.

The blatant and overt pro-pashtu sentiments by your government are, foremost, a signal for your own pashtu. That's not missed by the rest of Afghanistan. It would be nice if there was an overt effort to let afghan uzbeks, tajiks, hazara, and turkomen feel the love.

There's a lot of anti-N.A. rah-rah here. Fine but has anybody notice that the Afghan nat'l assembly has been holding Karzai's feet to the fire with his appointments? He's getting there but it's been two steps forward, one step back for his cabinet appointments and the afghan nat'l assembly is INSISTING on some modicum of professional competence.

Afghanistan needs lots of help. The corruption is plainly felt by all, but then it's plainly felt by all in Pakistan, Tajikstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan as well so that's nothing new if also nothing good. Pashtu political participation is the key but that starts at the ballot box where pashtus hold huge advantages if asserted.

Omar did his level best again to KEEP pashtus in the south from the polls. That only HURTS pashtus-not help them. He, if successful in his quest, will never permit a vote and will ALWAYS work to suppress aspirations of any (including pashtu) that don't mirror his vision.

It's a real problem preventing the political mobilization and integration of pashtus into the Afghan political milieu. I don't see America standing in the way of that even if we are firmly opposed to the taliban's peculiar pashtu perspective.

Pakistan could play a far better role there than they heretofore have, IMV.

question is can they?
answer is they are not capable
taliban distroyed traditional tribal setup
replaced maliks with commanders
maliks became hostage to cammanders, where commander became the person with actual power

the move /agreement may have some news value but on ground it has no utility

question is can they?
answer is they are not capable
taliban distroyed traditional tribal setup
replaced maliks with commanders
maliks became hostage to cammanders, where commander became the person with actual power

the move /agreement may have some news value but on ground it has no utility

Can you tell us what was role Maliks in FATA , they were not then paid agents not public representative also part of corruption mafia and black market of value 30 Billion USD.

Present jirga is basically lead by local common people having roots in public , if GOP support them they will be more effective against war lords and Al Qaeda terrorists.

Can you tell us what was role Maliks in FATA , they were not then paid agents not public representative also part of corruption mafia and black market of value 30 Billion USD.

Present jirga is basically lead by local common people having roots in public , if GOP support them they will be more effective against war lords and Al Qaeda terrorists.

:rofl::rofl:

Is this jirgah of crowd without leaders?
who are these leaders and what are they called?

"Pakistan is carrying out 500Million USD worth of works in Afghanistan, keeping in mind the economic condition of Pakistan this is a very sincere effort to promote better ties on a people to people level."

Maybe. Your Kidney Center is going to Khost.

The blatant and overt pro-pashtu sentiments by your government are, foremost, a signal for your own pashtu. That's not missed by the rest of Afghanistan. It would be nice if there was an overt effort to let afghan uzbeks, tajiks, hazara, and turkomen feel the love.

There's a lot of anti-N.A. rah-rah here. Fine but has anybody notice that the Afghan nat'l assembly has been holding Karzai's feet to the fire with his appointments? He's getting there but it's been two steps forward, one step back for his cabinet appointments and the afghan nat'l assembly is INSISTING on some modicum of professional competence.

Afghanistan needs lots of help. The corruption is plainly felt by all, but then it's plainly felt by all in Pakistan, Tajikstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan as well so that's nothing new if also nothing good. Pashtu political participation is the key but that starts at the ballot box where pashtus hold huge advantages if asserted.

Omar did his level best again to KEEP pashtus in the south from the polls. That only HURTS pashtus-not help them. He, if successful in his quest, will never permit a vote and will ALWAYS work to suppress aspirations of any (including pashtu) that don't mirror his vision.

It's a real problem preventing the political mobilization and integration of pashtus into the Afghan political milieu. I don't see America standing in the way of that even if we are firmly opposed to the taliban's peculiar pashtu perspective.

Pakistan could play a far better role there than they heretofore have, IMV.

S-2,

I really did not understand completely what you have said but to me Pakistan is playing a very good role within its limitations.
Whereas economic limitations are the major issue, there are certain other irritants that need to be addressed to accelerate the process, however the major bottleneck is the economic side of things from Pakistani perspective.
Considering that we have to do reconstruction in war affected areas in our own country and improve the infrastructure in FATA, these are extremely difficult times for us.

Pakistan has undertaken major projects in Kabul, Jalalabad and Mazar e Sharif.

I did not hear about Khost till now, anything i missed previously?

The Pashtuns are not averse to a better life and if things are moving in a positive direction, they will participate more and more.
Regarding Taliban Pashtun perspective i think it more tied with the former UIF hold in the Afghan government since its inception in post US invasion era...it shall take time to win back the Pashtun since they bore the brunt of the Karzai assisted US invasion.
The Loya Jirga announced by Karzai in his presidential campaign may happen with some representation from Taliban...maybe some good can come out of it...other than that it is a long haul for Afghan government.

:rofl::rofl:

Is this jirgah of crowd without leaders?
who are these leaders and what are they called?

You know better than me pushtoon culture , FATA and NWFP majority love islamic values and wanted Shriah (not Talaban Shariah with barel of gun) , ANP or any other political party leader or even corrupt Maliks failed to provide them their demand of fair and free justice , present jirga i believe lead by noble persons from TJ as per my understanding , and it will be sucessfull.

Last edited by a moderator:
It it happens it will be a great start to the new year and peace in Pakistan.

I stand corrected about Khost. The Kidney Center is in Jalalabad.

"Considering that we have to do reconstruction in war affected areas in our own country and improve the infrastructure in FATA, these are extremely difficult times for us."

Aren't they for everybody? Seems America will be taking on Haiti as another special project here shortly. Naturally, our efforts will catch hell from all corners for all failings.

"...it shall take time to win back the Pashtun since they bore the brunt of the Karzai assisted US invasion."

Everybody bore the brunt of the invasion IMV. Karzai was actually promoted to the fore because he was 1.) Pashtu and, 2.) erudite with an excellent command of english. So too Abdullah Abdullah. I frankly doubt that outside of the C.I.A. and central/south asian American scholars in 2001 that there was any profound understanding of the enmity which existed between the various ethnicities, the representative militias (most Americans wouldn't have known that the taliban was a pan-pashtu movement), or the myriad languages involved.

"The Loya Jirga announced by Karzai in his presidential campaign may happen with some representation from Taliban...maybe some good can come out of it..."

I doubt you'll see a taliban face to any pan-Afghan loya jirga so long as Omar breathes. He is utterly opposed to any form of negotiated settlement until the west departs en toto. That position is a blatant cover for civil war.

Can taliban be peeled away from their ideologically-committed leadership core? Sure, in small groups here and there. They can, however, be replaced by indigenous pashtu afghans, afghan pashtu refugees within Pakistan, and even Pakistani pashtu. So I'm not certain what can be accomplished until the rank and file abandon Omar and others because they see no ascension by these men.

That could be awhile so long as sanctuary persists inside Pakistan. In the interim, if the west is correct and the taliban hold no real favor among afghan pashtu then these citizens must be protected from the taliban that they might begin to grow politically without threat/intimidation.

The Filkens article about the acid sprayings details the difficulties of such IMV at the grass-roots level. Of course, Kandahar is a particularly nasty area-particularly the green zone north of the city along the Arghandab river. It has long been a taliban stronghold and, before that, mujahideen.

Thanks.

If indeed the news is true then one thing should be made sure that our corrupt Gov, shouldn't take credit for this. As they have done nothing constructive, and if they are able to use this incident as a poster for their promotion; well then Pakistan ka Allah hafiz.

If indeed the news is true then one thing should be made sure that our corrupt Gov, shouldn't take credit for this. As they have done nothing constructive, and if they are able to use this incident as a poster for their promotion; well then Pakistan ka Allah hafiz.

Both US and GOP playing game with each other but who is suffering?????

All political parties and opposition leaders are silent about present game plan (Pak-Afghan Strategy) , CJ is sleeping after restoration , all are getting their share but their is no electricity ,water ,food, free health and justice for general public , living under fear of terrorism.

Both US and GOP playing game with each other but who is suffering?????

All political parties and opposition leaders are silent about present game plan (Pak-Afghan Strategy) , CJ is sleeping after restoration , all are getting their share but their is no electricity ,water ,food, free health and justice for general public , living under fear of terrorism.

Accurate statement!
No clear cut strategy, direction or leadership. Everybody has their hand in the pot. Series of errors since inception, frequent military coups, imperfect constitution with constant meddling, corrupt judiciary, faulty educational policy. Govt let population get heavily armed, allowed private militia to operate, allowed international criminals and terrorists to take refuge, allowed drug mafia to flourish(politicians & military on take). Military carring out targetted killings in Bangladesh and now in Balochistan and Karachi . If you don't learn from history it's bount repeat itself. What's the solution?

Back
Top Bottom