What's new

Hakim Ullah Mesud to be made to Surrender !

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Mehsud tribe ready to hand over Hakimullah and 378 others

Peshawar (Pakistan): In a jolt to militants, elders of the Mehsud tribe today said they would hand over 378 men, including Pakistani Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud, wanted by the authorities and back the government's efforts to restore peace in South Waziristan.

As a January 20 deadline set by the government to respond to its demands ended today, the decision to hand over the wanted men was made at a 'jirga' or council of the Mehsud tribe which is linked to Hakimullah. A large number of Taliban militants belong to this tribe.

The jirga also decided to accept seven conditions set by the government for ensuring peace and maintaining public order in South Waziristan, described by the US and its allies as a safe haven for Taliban and al-Qaeda elements.

The government had earlier set January 20 as the deadline for the Mehsud tribe to respond to its seven conditions. The army claims it has killed over 650 Taliban fighters since operations were launched in South Waziristan in October last year.

However, most of the top Taliban leadership continue to be at large and observers said it was unlikely that the tribal elders would be able to deliver on the pledge to hand over Hakimullah Mehsud to the authorities.

The jirga held in Tank district in northwest Pakistan was attended by over 300 elders of the Mehsud tribe. The elders also agreed not to display heavy and automatic weapons in South Waziristan and to accept the writ of the government. They also agreed not to provide shelter to foreigners in their area.

During their address at the jirga, the tribal elders said they did not want to fight against the Pakistan Army. They said the army was their own force as it has sufficient representation of the tribal people.

The elders expressed satisfaction over the allocation of Rs1 billion by the federal government for the reconstruction and rehabilitation of people affected by the military operations in South Waziristan.

They sought more funds for the region, saying it had been ignored by successive governments. The jirga also decided to continue talks with the administration to ensure peace and to hold another council of the Mehsud tribe on February 10..:pakistan:

Mehsud tribe ready to hand over Hakimullah and 378 others - dnaindia.com

Mehsud Jirga agrees to hand over Hakimullah

Thursday, January 21, 2010
PESHAWAR: A Jirga of the Mehsud tribe on Wednesday agreed to hand over their 378 wanted men, including the chief of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Hakimullah Mehsud, to the government and announced to fully support the government in maintaining peace and reconstruction process.
The Jirga announced to accept all the seven conditions put forward by the government for ensuring peace and harmony in the South Waziristan Agency. The government had given January 20, 2010 deadline to the Mehsud tribe for seeking their response on the seven conditions.

The announcement was made at the Jirga, held at the Political Compound South Waziristan in Tank district, which was attended by over 300 leading tribal elders of the Mehsud tribe. — APP Irfan Burki adds from Wana: The government conditions included surrender of 378 wanted persons, a ban on display of arms, acceptance of Collective Responsibility Clause of the Frontier Crimes Regulation (FCR) and abstaining from giving shelter to foreign militants. The Jirga announced to accept all the conditions and pledged to extend all possible help to the authorities in purging the area of militants.

Speaking on the occasion, the elders said that Mehsud tribesmen had no intention to fight against their own Army and the restoration of peace in South Waziristan was their earnest desire. They added that they were patriotic citizens of the country and wanted to see progress in South Waziristan.

The Mehsud elders hoped that the government would play its role in rehabilitating and compensating the internally displaced persons (IDPs), who had to leave their homes in South Waziristan.

They said the conditions set by the government were acceptable to them and another Jirga for peace talks would be held on February 10. Addressing the Jirga, South Waziristan Political Agent Syed Shahab Ali Shah said the government would provide all-out support to the tribal people affected by the operation. He lauded the cooperation of the Jirga elders for peace in the area.

Mehsud Jirga agrees to hand over Hakimullah

Wow ! I am surprised. :blink:

I hope they are serious about it now and not playing with us.

If this is true, than RAW would be shedding quite a bit of tears. All hard work of 8 years only done to kill people and only achieving achieving a few of the desired strategic objectives.

And H.Mehsud is gonna listen to the jirga? bow to their will? or will tribesmen be able to apprehend him and the band of his terrorist thugs? they have alluded Pakistan army, dodged many drone strikes, if anything mehsud tribe is asking for trouble. Remember, these vengeful demented bastards struck a few Jirgas before with suicide attacks and killed a few hundred tribe elders. Mehsud tribe and it's elders should watch their backs.

It would, of course, have been nice had the elders committed to restraining their own tribesmen from doing battle in Afghanistan as well but that's clearly not a serious concern of the GoP anymore than it is with Maulvi Nazir or Hafez Gul Bahadur.

OTOH, that remains to be seen if it transpires. Doing so would mean that Mehsud men would travel through Wazir lands to reach Afghanistan. Possible.

The reference to foreign elements should hold for any afghans or uzbeks in their midst. If so, it'll strip away much of H. Mehsud's personal guard.

We'll see as negotiations and subsequent failure is an old story in this war already.

Thanks.:usflag:

S2 i doubt it too but lets not forget negotiations can bring something that war cant. specially when we talk about the graveyard of empires the Afghanistan.

At this stage im only worried about Pakistan as Afghanistan is none of my business so good news for me and an indication towards long lasting peace in Afghanistan as well.

Maybe coalition should start talks with taliban too and go home..

"Maybe coalition should start talks with taliban too and go home.."

Afghan taliban are welcome to disarm, swear allegiance to the afghan constitution and return to their homes. Omar has made clear repeatedly that he'll not negotiate with anybody so long as ISAF remains in Afghanistan.

Following our departure, he'll be happy to talk...

...likely at the point of a gun. We'll not leave until he's rendered sufficiently irrelevant to do so. Don't hold your breath on either. I'm not.

S 2
We'll see as negotiations and subsequent failure is an old story in this war already.

Than we should not see any peace agreement in Afghanistan. According to your gov, they support talks. Now don't tell that those guys are any different than the ones over here (Pakistan). There should me a missile attack on Kabul as you guys tried to sabotage our peace agreements many times. I hope this time the U.S. also believes in this:
"We'll see as negotiations and subsequent failure is an old story in this war already."

News saying that coalition is failing in Afghanistan does not seem to be a cotton..there must be some "strings attached" to it....
Why making fool of your own self when you came in this world wrapped with blood and whatnot and will go without anything.

"Wars were fought to carry on the natural process. People thought that they were fighting for their land, religion, resources etc but at the end the natural process shifts and the possessions become liabilities." by Saad

So the land empires had were their possessions and it did not take much time for them to become liabilities...

:pakistan:

Last edited:
The Seven Conditions Agreed (courtesy fatman17):

1. Unconditional surrender of the wanted persons.
2. A total ban on the display of weapons,
3. A ban on setting up a parallel administrative and judicial system in the agency.
4. Shelter would be provided to only the local Mehsud tribesmen who opted for seeking refuge for settling internal disputes.
5. No foreigner and non-local would be provided any shelter.
6. No person involved in anti-state elements would be given shelter.
7. No person from settled parts of the country would be provided refuge.

Very good news. I knew once Rah-e-Nijat wound down, the Mehsuds would come around - they are, I've heard, a firecely loyal and patriotic people. Once the TTP surrenders, the door can be opened to serious peace talks between all concerned parties.

It would, of course, have been nice had the elders committed to restraining their own tribesmen from doing battle in Afghanistan as well
Your American impatience is showing. One step at a time, my friend. Meanwhile, it would be a good move for you to begin taking an interest in the Pashtun majority "West of the Line", maybe public opinion will turn around for you as well.

And H.Mehsud is gonna listen to the jirga? bow to their will? or will tribesmen be able to apprehend him and the band of his terrorist thugs? they have alluded Pakistan army, dodged many drone strikes, if anything mehsud tribe is asking for trouble. Remember, these vengeful demented bastards struck a few Jirgas before with suicide attacks and killed a few hundred tribe elders. Mehsud tribe and it's elders should watch their backs.
Whether the Mehsud tribe can manage to accomplish their promises remains to be seen. However, the TTP have been shunned by those who they claimed to be fighting for. They have been denounced by their parents, brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, who have found TTP's enemies, the Pakistan Army and the Pakistani people, to be far more favorable. Let's not underestimate the significance of this.

First the TTP lost the support of the majority of Pakistan due to their increasingly offensive antics, then they lost the support (if they ever had any) of the places they controlled North of Waziristan, and now they have lost support within their birthplace. The Army, on the other hand, has gotten increasingly popular in all these areas since Gen. Musharraf stepped down.

“The guerrilla must move amongst the people as a fish swims in the sea.”
- Mao Tse-Tung.
What happens to the fish when the water refuses to house it? It will either die or find a different sea to swim in. The TTP will try to do the latter (in the open waters of Afghanistan), it is the job of the Pak Army, ISI, ISAF and the Afghan government to ensure the former happens. Unfortunately, as can be deduced from S-2's reaction above, the last two of these will be quite disinterested in helping us out unless we open up a brand new campaign.

Last edited:
Thanks PAFace , your post is highly informative and thanks to Sir Fatman as well.

I hope Pakistan will have some peace now Inshallah . Pakistan zindabad

It is execellent move by GOP , Jirga participation is key for long term peace in region , but what about US drones killing civilians, GoP should assurance to stop it otherwise success will be partial.

It would, of course, have been nice had the elders committed to restraining their own tribesmen from doing battle in Afghanistan as well but that's clearly not a serious concern of the GoP anymore than it is with Maulvi Nazir or Hafez Gul Bahadur.

OTOH, that remains to be seen if it transpires. Doing so would mean that Mehsud men would travel through Wazir lands to reach Afghanistan. Possible.

The reference to foreign elements should hold for any afghans or uzbeks in their midst. If so, it'll strip away much of H. Mehsud's personal guard.

PA cannot take all of them at a time. This war have really effected our economy. So we'll have to deal with them one by one. Its easy for you to say because you are not fighting a war in your homeland. When there is a bomb blast on American forces. A US soldier die (And trust me i feel bad the same way for american soldiers they way i feel for my own PA soldiers). But when there is a attack on Pakistani Forces not only a soldier die but also give another shock to our already bad economy. I hope you'll understand my point. Lets try to understand each other problems.
:pakistan::usflag:

PA cannot take all of them at a time. This war have really effected our economy. So we'll have to deal with them one by one. Its easy for you to say because you are not fighting a war in your homeland. When there is a bomb blast on American forces. A US soldier die (And trust me i feel bad the same way for american soldiers they way i feel for my own PA soldiers). But when there is a attack on Pakistani Forces not only a soldier die but also give another shock to our already bad economy. I hope you'll understand my point. Lets try to understand each other problems.
:pakistan::usflag:

Mentally preached people cannot understand. I see a fire in ones eye and over here we have fire extinguisher!
The fire can be dealt if fire comes near the extinguisher or vice versa till than blame game..

Fighting can give us more killing ratio...
Offensive war cannot be justified!

I hope S 2 becomes an example for us!
^^^ It means that I want S 2 to give us some hope. I hope S 2 can make us feel better...Maybe by truly sympathizing with us...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom