What's new

Hafiz saeed to challenge US bounty in international court

The bounty is good but the larger picture is the state apparatus that sustains Hafiz Saeed and his ilk, the network of Madrassas, the radicalized curriculum in the schools, and the psychological insecurity of nations that have lost their civilizational roots.

What have been smoking throughout the day? Do you have any idea what are you stating?

Care to share some reference from the text books taught in Pakistani schools?

Some opensource documented evidence showing Hafiz Saeed LeT/JuD involved in terrorist activities including recruiting American/European Pakistanis to attend training camps and indoctrination.

http://www.investigativeproject.org/documents/testimony/373.pdf

You deserve 10 million... Send this document to US state department and claim bounty.

Western history of the past two hundred years shows that there are better ways to live and think than this. You can be sure I'll cite this thread when people ask me what could possibly go wrong when becoming a Muslim.

Answer to highlighted part

Conversion to Islam on the rise in the U.S. Following September 11 | Newsnet 14

Islam is the most fastly spreading religion in the world as well as united states and in contrary to what most hindus and other non muslims claim(thats it spread owing to muslim power and with sword) its being chosen over other religions because of its truth about almost everything..

well solomon did you ever wonder what possibly can go wrong by becoming satanists...what you really are if you see inside yr bloody and dirty collar...

@Developereo

What about Pakistani Salafis protesting against Hafiz Saeed on the streets of Islamabad? Are they Indian agents protesting RAW's behalf?

@Developereo

What about Pakistani Salafis protesting against Hafiz Saeed on the streets of Islamabad? Are they Indian agents protesting RAW's behalf?

I never said anyone was an Indian agent. I have already written elsewhere that some of these guys are scum -- especially where they lied to the parents of schoolkids forced to attend one of their rallies. One of these guys proudly bragged that he had convinced 4,000 men to offer martyrdom.

The only point I am making is that prosecution should be based on evidence, not media pressure.

In the next few days, US might just conjure up some fake evidence if nobody comes forward with it!!!

And the US gamble fails to pay off.

Re: Hafiz saeed to challenge US bounty in international court
In the next few days, US might just conjure up some fake evidence if nobody comes forward with it!!!

افشاں - ڈيجيٹل آؤٹ ريچ ٹيم – يو ايس اسٹيٹ ڈيپارٹمينٹ
حافظ سعید کے سر پر انعام کی پیشکش پر یہ پیغام ان تمام سازشی نظریات رکھنے والے جو یہ کہتے ہیں کہ "امریکہ کا خفیہ اجنڈا ہے اور امریکن اپنے ان چھپے ہوۓ مقاصد کے حصول کے لۓ چیزوں کو اپنے طریقے سے پیش کرتے ہیں" کے لۓ ہے- یہ لوگ بیکار میں امریکی حکومت کے مخلص ارادوں ميں بد اعتمادی کی فضا پيدا کرنے کے علاوہ اور کچھ نہیں کرتے ۔
مہربانی کر کے مجھے واضح کرنے کی اجازت دیں کہ امریکہ کی طرف سے یہ انعام کی پیشکش کا مقصد قابل اعتماد معلومات حاصل کرنا ہے جس کے نتيجے ميں حافظ سعید کی گرفتاری يا سزا عمل ميں آۓ اور اسے انصاف کے کٹہرے ميں لايا جاۓ۔ امریکی حکومت اپنے شہریوں کے قتل کے ذمہ دار کے خلاف مقدمہ چلانے میں ایک بہت واضح طور پر دلچسپی رکھتی ہے۔ اس انعام کے نتیجے میں جو نئی معلومات حاصل ہونگی ہم ان کی ضرور تفتیش کريں گیں۔
مجھے یقین ہے کہ بلاگرز میرے ساتھ متفق ہونگے کہ دہشت گرد حملے اور قتل مضحکہ خیز معاملات نہیں ہیں! حافظ سعید نے نومبر 2008 کو ممبئی کے حملوں کی منصوبہ بند کی تھی، جن
چھ امریکیوں شہریوں سميت کل 160 سے زائد افراد ہلاک ہوۓ- اضافی ثبوت حاصل کرنے سے قانونی طور پر نومبر 2008 کو ممبئی کے حملوں میں ملوث ہونے پر حافظ سعيد کے خلاف مقدمہ آگے بڑھانے میں مدد ملی گی.
میں امید رکھتی ہوں کہ امریکہ کی طرف سے یہ انعام کا اعلان اس حقیقت کو ظاہر کرتا ہے!
افشاں - ڈيجيٹل آؤٹ ريچ ٹيم – يو ايس اسٹيٹ ڈيپارٹمينٹ

Hafiz Saeed helping de-radicalise militants, says official | DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD: Hafiz Saeed, the Islamist leader who had a 6 million pounds American bounty placed on his head this week, has been helping Pakistan de-radicalise militants under efforts to stabilise the strategic US ally, a top Pakistani counter-terrorism official said on Friday.

Saeed, suspected of masterminding an attack by Pakistan-based gunmen on India’s financial capital Mumbai in 2008 that killed 166 people, met government officials from the Punjab province and pledged his support for the drive, the official said.

“Hafiz Saeed has agreed with the Punjab government programme of de-radicalisation and rehabilitation of former jihadis and extended full cooperation,” the counter-terrorism official told Reuters.

US officials in Washington said the decision to offer the reward under the State Department’s longstanding “Rewards for Justice” program came after months of discussions among US agencies involved in counter-terrorism.

The $10 million figure signifies major US interest in Saeed. Only three other militants, including Taliban leader Mullah Omar, fetch that high a bounty. There is a $25 million bounty on the head of al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.

The announcement of a reward for Saeed comes at a time of strained ties between the United States and Pakistan and is likely to increase pressure on Islamabad to take action against one of Pakistan’s most notorious Islamist leaders.

A senior police official in Punjab province, who is closely involved with investigations into militant activity, confirmed that Saeed and his supporters were helping efforts to transform militants into law-abiding citizens.

“Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) were consulted, and they approved the de-radicalisation plan. They assured us of their intellectual input and resource materials. They also offered teachers,” he told Reuters, referring to the charity Saeed heads.

The bounty highlighted the divide between the United States’ direct approach to tackling militancy, and strategies employed by Pakistan.

While Pakistan has mounted offensives against militant groups like the homegrown Taliban, it also contends other tactics such as de-radicalisation are vital to sustaining battlefield gains.

Yahya Mujahid, the JuD spokesman, said the group had not participated in the de-radicalisation programme.

Hafiz Khalid Waleed, another senior JuD member, declined to comment on whether the Islamist leader had been directly assisting the government in de-radicalisation.

But he said Saeed and his followers were promoting non-violence.

“Hafiz Saeed was one of the first religious leaders to denounce militancy and suicide bombings,” said Waleed. “Our schools and madrassas (religious seminaries) are urging peace.”

Spotting idle militants

Under the programme, former militants are urged to develop technical skills that could give them long-lasting employment to keep them from taking up arms against the state again.

Experts also try to reverse what Pakistani officials call brainwashing by militants who preach holy war against the West.

To help the deradicalisation programme, Saeed identifies former militants who may still be recruited for jihad because they are jobless and idle and he helps steer them toward the programme, said the counter-terrorism official.

India maintains Saeed is a criminal and has long called for his capture, blaming the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) – the militant group he founded in the 1990s – for the Mumbai carnage.

The two nations have a tentative peace process underway with Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari scheduled to meet Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday, the first visit to India by a Pakistani head of state since 2005.

But many Pakistanis privately support Saeed’s animosity to India. The two countries were born out of the 1947 division of the subcontinent after freedom from British colonial rule and hundreds of thousands were killed in rioting at the time.

The bounty, which would be paid for information leading to Saeed’s arrest and conviction, however puzzled Pakistanis. His whereabouts are usually not a mystery. He wanders the country freely, fires up supporters at rallies and runs a huge charity.

Waleed mocked the decision to place a bounty on Saeed.

“President Barack Obama’s election symbol was a donkey and his government is acting like one. They have no evidence against Hafiz Saeed and are scrambling to make up stories,” he told Reuters.

Pakistani officials say Saeed, who Western officials suspect of links to al Qaeda, has the right to move freely because he has been cleared by Pakistani courts of a range of accusations.

Saeed abandoned the leadership of the LeT after India accused it of being behind an attack on the Indian parliament in December 2001. But his charity is suspected of being a front for the LeT.

He denies any wrongdoing and links to militants.

Over 1,000 of Saeed’s supporters protested against the bounty on Friday.

Saeed agreed to support de-radicalisation because he felt that former militants should find jobs and re-join mainstream society, said the counter-terrorism official, who has been at the forefront of efforts to fight militancy in Punjab.

The counter-terrorism official, who engineered the project, said 200 former militants had participated this year in Punjab, Pakistan’s most populous province, including some from Saeed’s militant group.

Another 100 will be completing the programme by June.

Saeed, a former professor of Islamic studies at an engineering university, appeared at a press conference on Wednesday in the city of Rawalpindi, home to headquarters of the Pakistani army.

Flanked by some of Pakistan’s most virulently anti-American Islamists at a hotel about a 40-minute drive from the US embassy in the capital, he taunted the United States.

Saeed, a short bearded man, lives near a park and a mosque in a non-descript villa with a policeman stationed outside, in the central city of Lahore, capital of Punjab.

Some of his bodyguards wear olive camouflage vests while others are dressed in dark traditional shalwar-kameez, baggy shirt and trousers. Clutching AK-47 assault rifles, a few are positioned on his rooftop watching the street.

Saeed enjoys armed protection from the state because of his “new thinking”, sources said.

“Al Qaeda or factions from the Pakistani Taliban may want to kill him,” said one of the sources, adding India may want to target him as well.

Asked if the reward would anger Saeed’s followers and undermine de-radicalisation efforts, he said: “There is resentment but I hope the programme won’t be affected.”

When you ***UME something notorious, you make an *** out of U and ME. (Credit: Silence of the Lambs)

Don't assume. Prove or disprove.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King Jr

It appears Doc that you suffer from amnesia. Your the one who made a very bold claim that the ISI planned and executed the massacre in Mumbai, i asked you to prove it but so far you haven't proved jack sh**. Only going round and round in circles, either put up or shut up.

Not worth the effort as proven earlier in the thread by one of your compatriots and a fellow Think Tank (one would expect better, but I guess you take what you have).

Off course its not worth the effort because it does not exist. Your own government is not implicating the ISI with the Mumbai attacks but you on the other hand with your magic wand are swearing your life with this theory.

To see you need to open your eyes.

This coming from someone like you, i find this hysterical.

Then you need to recognize that its only the ego of a Pakistani not wanting to accept than an Indian was right all along that prevents you from still seeing the blatantly obvious.

Tall claims once more. You still haven't proved how you were right all along. Your own government does not believe what you believe in. You are yet to post that ton of evidence and name a foreign country besides India that has stated that the ISI was behind these attacks.

I do not believe that MOST of you actually support what this scum and his chain of command both ways did to our innocents.

As far as i am concerned, you can take Hafiz Saeed and run him over with a tank, i have no love for the man. But what i do believe in is the court of law and justice can only be served if it is done through proper channel. If Hafiz Saeed is executed without a trial, than there is no difference between us and animals.

Maybe your Generals did not get the memo. Check out your troop deployments. Are they playing gilli-danda?

Generals speak for the Army and not the entire country. Pakistani's are more concerned about terrorism, sectarianism, economy and load shedding. You guys don't leave our Generals with much of a choice when you pitt your 24 infantry divisions, 3 strike corps and entire Aerial Western Command against Pakistan. Every actions invites a reaction.

I'm cool with you not respecting it as well. I'm seldom wrong when it comes to my gut, and I know a fanatic fundamentalist when I see one.

Good for you :)

PROOF...one hindu yu call ajmal why indian govt dint let pak investigate him..It tells the whole story its useless to argue with insane people..In 2008 pak was bz in many thing at home why would it open another front by fingering indians ..Doest it make some sense..26/11 was staged by either jews or ind govt to implicate Pak..

I know you wont digest it as truth is always difficult to accept...

because 26/11 was the biggest blessing for the indian government which they could ever wish for....thats why they and even the security apparatus in hindustan want to keep the ''issue'' alive for as long as they possibly can

rest of the world has moved on.....

if the indians want closure, they'll need to cooperate in a mature and professional fashion.....so far they have not. To their own peril -- but then again, they dont want the case solved!

i personally am of the view that the indians even allowed 26/11 to take place, knowing in advance it was about to him....the value indian government puts on the lives of its citizens --- zilch! :laugh:

because 26/11 was the biggest blessing for the indian government which they could ever wish for....thats why they and even the security apparatus in hindustan want to keep the ''issue'' alive for as long as they possibly can

if the indians want closure, they'll need to cooperate in a mature and professional fashion.....so far they have not. To their own peril -- but then again, they dont want the case solved!

i personally am of the view that the indians even allowed 26/11 to take place, knowing in advance it was about to him....the value indian government puts on the lives of its citizens --- zilch! :laugh:

I can assure you it is much more than the value Pakistani government places in the lives of the tribals.

Hundreds of thousands of them are made IDPs at the drop of a hat, killed on all sides, by the Talibunnies, official agencies and sectarian militants (the biggest sectarian fights with large weapons and in large numbers of course happen in Parchinar, the sectarian terror hub) and no one even cares.

But then one has to come out of delusions to see the reality.

This support for terror is the reason why the tribal areas are bleeding and making the whole of Pakistan bleed as well.

it serves our high ground, we need not keep this issue alive, the international media and the rest of the world will keep this alive until you put the involved people like Hafiz Sayade and his team to trail and punish them for their crimes commited in INDIA.

indian are comitting worst crimes against eachother everyday.....

according to Mark Toner - spokesperson @ US Dept. of State, neither the US (or by extention, hindustan) have the sufficient evidence to prosecute and imprison Hafiz Saeed

essentially, what is happening is -- the yindoostanis are doing this:

dog-chasing-tail-o.gif

it serves our high ground, we need not keep this issue alive, the international media and the rest of the world will keep this alive until you put the involved people like Hafiz Sayade and his team to trail and punish them for their crimes commited in INDIA.

Sir provide us concrete evidence and we'll do that right away... Mind you this guy has been prosecuted not once but twice, every time got acquitted because of no sound evidence against him.

Please share one that you have against him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom