What's new

Gwadar Port, Free Zone to generate $10bn activities yearly: Asim Bajwa

Instead of claiming Gwadar will become the next this or the next that, why not just invest and continue building it to serve Pakistan’s needs. No need to make big claims when nothing substantial have happened in Gwadar since CPEC was signed.

Instead of claiming Gwadar will become the next this or the next that, why not just invest and continue building it to serve Pakistan’s needs. No need to make big claims when nothing substantial have happened in Gwadar since CPEC was signed.
It's all sales and marketing talk. But you Indians don't have the full picture. It's not just the port but the rail transport and the trucks , the free trade zones and the air freight which will help achieve the target the chair has mentioned. Indians are behaving like jealous people trying to bitch success down, chillout, watch and learn.

Last edited:
Singapore has been a port since the 13th Century. I agree that the figures quoted are most likely very optimistic but as per any investment it is speculative until we reach the milestones and assess the point trajectory and match targets with outcomes.
Exactly. Now look at the video again, do you not see a definitive tone to narration?

It's all sales and marketing talk. But you Indians don't have the full picture. It's not just the port but the rail transport and the trucks , the free trade zones and the air freight which will help achieve the target the chair is mentioned. Indians are behaving like jealous people trying to bitch success down, chillout, watch and learn.

I am not an Indian.

I am not an Indian.
Why are you sounding like an Indian? Anyway, I did some basic calculation some time ago using ball park figures for trucks using the CPEC roads and came to a conservative of billions of dollars just based on tolls.

It's all sales and marketing talk. But you Indians don't have the full picture. It's not just the port but the rail transport and the trucks , the free trade zones and the air freight which will help achieve the target the chair is mentioned. Indians are behaving like jealous people trying to bitch success down, chillout, watch and learn.
It seems ridiculous to us when in 8 years CPEC started in 2013, Pakistani exports are still around $20-$25 billion and it is drowning in debt. I remember when CPEC started, PDF was abuzz that by 2018, toll collections alone would pay back CPEC debt. We couldn't but laugh at naivety of Pakistanis then.

Now your assertions and that of the video are hilarious to say the least. That just by investing $40 billion or $60 billion, one can create an economic miracle. Most Pakistanis talk about potential of everything that you people do. I can't but wonder what happened to this potential in the past 75 years.

All CPEC achieved till date was to saddle your industry with expensive electricity. Circular debt would reach record heights in next 5 years. Also it made entire West abandon you in terms of investment. FDI is lowest in the region.

But kudos to Pakistanis for seeing silver lining in every disaster. Let's hope you come to your senses.
Why are you sounding like an Indian? Anyway, I did some basic calculation some time ago using ball park figures for trucks using the CPEC roads and came to a conservative of billions of dollars just based on tolls.
Lol. Share that calculation please.

It seems ridiculous to us when in 8 years CPEC started in 2013, Pakistani exports are still around $20-$25 billion and it is drowning in debt. I remember when CPEC started, PDF was abuzz that by 2018, toll collections alone would pay back CPEC debt. We couldn't but laugh at naivety of Pakistanis then.

Now your assertions and that of the video are hilarious to say the least. That just by investing $40 billion or $60 billion, one can create an economic miracle. Most Pakistanis talk about potential of everything that you people do. I can't but wonder what happened to this potential in the past 75 years.

All CPEC achieved till date was to saddle your industry with expensive electricity. Circular debt would reach record heights in next 5 years. Also it made entire West abandon you in terms of investment. FDI is lowest in the region.

But kudos to Pakistanis for seeing silver lining in every disaster. Let's hope you come to your senses.

You obviously don't understand the colossal size of CPEC investment and its goals. You are looking at it with naivety and scorn. Pakistan is not complaining or worried, China is not complaining and is not worried, so why are Indians flustered? everything is within scope and timescale and things are going just fine. Nitpicking Indians can bitch and scorn as much as they want but CPEC development is going to continue. Do your own calculations it is simple to calculate with number of trucks, the flow rate and the toll fees.

During the same time, india has drowned in so much debt that over 732 million indians defecate in the open and india receives famine relief from Kenya and other sub-saharn African nations........... :azn::

You obviously don't understand the colossal size of CPEC investment and its goals. You are looking at it with naivety and scorn. Pakistan is not complaining or worried, China is not complaining and is not worried, so why are Indians flustered? everything is within scope and timescale and things are going just fine. Nitpicking Indians can bitch and scorn as much as they want but CPEC development is going to continue. Do your own calculations it is simple to calculate with number of trucks, the flow rate and the toll fees.
They are worried bcz Pakistan is developing.they are worried bcz no chabahar.no presence in afghanistan can’t do tradings with Central Asia,their bad intentions will hurt them .

Back
Top Bottom