What's new

Gurkhas in the Indian Army - images and information

Hey, everybody I see U all are in confusion who Gurkha are. They are from Nepal, a independent country from history to history, a country of highest peak of world Mt. Everest(in own language 'Sagarmatha'), Birth place of The Gautham Buddha(god of Buddhist) and place where Pasupatinath(The main temple of The Hindu Religion like Muslims's in Saudi Arab) is.

upload_2014-4-7_10-0-26.jpeg
images

THE NEPAL COUNTRY MAP THE EVEREST 'Highest peak of world'
upload_2014-4-7_9-56-51.jpeg
upload_2014-4-7_10-3-34.jpeg

THE PASUPATINATH 'main temple of Hindu' THE GAUTAM BUDDHA 'Lord of Buddhist'

Don't be Confuse "GURKHA ARE WHO BORN IN NEPAL NOT ONLY WHO JOIN INDIAN ARMY OR UK ARMY"
ALL NEPAL ARE BRAVE NOT ONLY WHO JOIN ARMY

British didn't conquer Nepal because they did not have any reason to do so. They needed hill stations for holidaying and recreation for that they had Shimla and got Darjeeling, kumaon,garwhal by treaty of sagauli.

If they wanted to annex Nepal at that time no one could have stopped them from doing so.

Many nepalis are Indians. There are both Nepali (citizens) and Indian gorkhas in the Indian Army.

What U write here NO NEPALI ARE INDIANS. But many Indians are Nepali for example search 'Gorkha Janmukti Morcha' in Google. this is the union of Nepali who live in India and seeking for different state in India.

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-7_9-52-5.jpeg
    upload_2014-4-7_9-52-5.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Some corrections here. Gurkhas are not from North East of india. They are from Nepal and from north indian states like uttaranchal.

However , few regiments and paramilitary from north-east like , Naga regiment , Assam rifles, have brrowed couple of gorkhas, and kumaon regiments to have a good regimental strength.

But yes , they have one common similarity . They don't know what Fear is.
THE NEPAL Country is not state of any other country as U write here.

So these gurkas are mercenaries who sell themeselves to the armies of india and britian. I can understand the india part but why UK?. I think it was gandhi who said that a gurkha can sell himself for ten rupee.
And from photos, they dont look dangerous, rather small and cute. And the small knife in their hands? It seems kids are handed over knives and they are playing with it.
British spread false stories of their super-human strength and stamina on purpose, they were their loyal and obedient soldiers and they needed to be advertized as beasts. The fact is they are small and extremely obedient people, so they are perfect for modren armies. Gurkhas are not warriors or martial race or some thing like that, we dont see them any where in history of hindostan , conquering areas and all that. Because in the medieval times they were too small to carry the weights of armours and swords. Horses were too big for them. Their small knives were ineffective against large swords. They couldnt lift swords as they didnt have the stamina to do so thats why small curved knives ...though they didnt use those knives in wars, they played and danced with it.
The real story is that british came upon happy nepali villagers and said "little fellas we are committing the fraud of declaring you a martial race, come fight for us and your bellies will remain filled"

You talk like you dealt with a gurkha. Their small height befools your little mind. They are courageous and fearless as quoted by Field Marshall Sam Manekshaw (don't have experience or audacity to prove him wrong). The gurkha would be able to climb up a mountain and not break a sweat while you'll be wagging your tongue down below.

A Gurkha's Bravery
Bishnu Sherstha is a retired Nepalese Gurkha soldier in the Indian Army and recipient of the Sena Medal for bravery, and the Uttam Jeevan Rashak Padak medal, both awarded for his gallant conduct during an armed train robbery.
On September 2, 2010, the then 35-year-old Bishnu Shrestha after retiring from his Gurkha soldier military service was on his way to Gorakhpur and was travelling in Maurya Express (Hatia-Gorakhpur), when 15 to 40 armed robbers attacked the train near Chitranjan, West Bengal and robbed the passengers of their valuables (money, jewellery, cellular phones and laptops).

When the bandits reached Shrestha, he was ready to give up his valuables, but then the 18 year old girl sitting next to him was grabbed by the robbers, who wanted to rape her. The girl, who knew Shrestha was a retired soldier, appealed to him for help. So he pulled out the large, curved khukuri knife that all Gurkha soldiers (and many Gurkha civilians) carry, and went after the bandits.

In the narrow aisle of the train, a trained fighter like Shrestha had the advantage. Although some of the bandits had pistols, they were either fake, or handled by a man who didn't want to get too close to an angry Gurkha. After about ten minutes of fighting in the train aisles, three bandits were dead and many were wounded, and the rest of them decided to drop their loot (200 cell phones, 40 laptops, lots of jewelry, and nearly $10,000 in cash) and flee. The train resumed its journey promptly, in case the bandits came back, and to get medical aid for the eight bandits who had been cut up by Shrestha (who was also wounded in one hand).

Shrestha suffered a severe injury to his left arm and required two months of medical treatment to recover his injured hand.
When the intended rape victim's family offered him a large cash reward, he refused it with the following comment: "Fighting the enemy in battle is my duty as a soldier. Taking on the thugs on the train was my duty as a human being."

They are like french foreign legion but more loyal

Think and read before you speak, now bugger off.

Gurkhas are hyped for purpose, it is military tactic. You want me to believe that gurkhas have genes which help them to clim up the mountains without breaking a sweat or breath...but the fact is they feel fatigue like every other human beings. They were not chosen for physical strength, they were small and can hide themeselves better than any other soldier...you can hide them in fox holes.
Let me tell you the story of a gurkha soldier. A gurkha soldier in afghanistan serving in british army slipped one night from his camp and went to the nearby village. He slit the throat of a sleeping afghan shephard sleeping outside, as it is custom among afghans in summer. He brought the head of afghan to his camp and shouted "look i have killed a fcking taliban", he was dancing happily like a monkey but his british officers scolded him for his madness, they realized that this small man from nepal has killed an innocent afghan man. On the morning villagers came to british camp, accusing them of beheading of one of their villager at late night. British soldiers lied and denied their involvement.
Gurkha was sent back to u.k where he was fired from his job. While back at the camp, attacks of taliban on them surged as once friendly villagers turned hostile due to stupidity of a gurkha. In one attack 12 british soldiers got killed...gurkha cost them 12 soldiers

The physical strength and stamina comes from the physical environment in which these people grow up, they are agile and nimble. This stupidity has nothing to do with him being a gurkha. Americans and British forces have done enough of them to alienate the people. Peeing on afghans, outraging the modesty of women, killing of innocent afghans and iraqis.

Hey, everybody I see U all are in confusion who Gurkha are. They are from Nepal, a independent country from history to history, a country of highest peak of world Mt. Everest(in own language 'Sagarmatha'), Birth place of The Gautham Buddha(god of Buddhist) and place where Pasupatinath(The main temple of The Hindu Religion like Muslims's in Saudi Arab) is.

View attachment 23825
images

View attachment 23821 View attachment 23826

Don't be Confuse "GURKHA ARE WHO BORN IN NEPAL NOT ONLY WHO JOIN INDIAN ARMY OR UK ARMY"

What U write here NO NEPALI ARE INDIANS. But many Indians are Nepali for example search 'Gorkha Janmukti Morcha' in Google. this is the union of Nepali who live in India and seeking for different state in India.

The believers of Gorakhnath were actually Gurkhas. And Gukhas are not only found in Nepal, they are in Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Assam, Kalingpong, etc. Due to same body structure!! easy hoyna sapaye ko ullu banauna..

The physical strength and stamina comes from the physical environment in which these people grow up, they are agile and nimble. This stupidity has nothing to do with him being a gurkha. Americans and British forces have done enough of them to alienate the people. Peeing on afghans, outraging the modesty of women, killing of innocent afghans and iraqis.

The people of hills are the most furious fighters with very high stamina, because they live on those high and rough terrains. That's why not even Mughals or Turks or afghani could conquer Himalaya.

Gurkhas are hyped for purpose, it is military tactic. You want me to believe that gurkhas have genes which help them to clim up the mountains without breaking a sweat or breath...but the fact is they feel fatigue like every other human beings. They were not chosen for physical strength, they were small and can hide themeselves better than any other soldier...you can hide them in fox holes.
Let me tell you the story of a gurkha soldier. A gurkha soldier in afghanistan serving in british army slipped one night from his camp and went to the nearby village. He slit the throat of a sleeping afghan shephard sleeping outside, as it is custom among afghans in summer. He brought the head of afghan to his camp and shouted "look i have killed a fcking taliban", he was dancing happily like a monkey but his british officers scolded him for his madness, they realized that this small man from nepal has killed an innocent afghan man. On the morning villagers came to british camp, accusing them of beheading of one of their villager at late night. British soldiers lied and denied their involvement.
Gurkha was sent back to u.k where he was fired from his job. While back at the camp, attacks of taliban on them surged as once friendly villagers turned hostile due to stupidity of a gurkha. In one attack 12 british soldiers got killed...gurkha cost them 12 soldiers

The point is Hill people are best known for their fighting instinct.

Last edited:

View attachment 23825
images

View attachment 23821 View attachment 23826

There are loads of Nepalis who live in India and represent India like Sunil Chhetri and Bhaiching Bhutia, they are patriotic Nepali Indians. And if Nepalis are all warriors then why where Rajputs able to conquer them?

There are loads of Nepalis who live in India and represent India like Sunil Chhetri and Bhaiching Bhutia, they are patriotic Nepali Indians. And if Nepalis are all warriors then why where Rajputs able to conquer them?
Interesting. I just did googling and found out that rajput rana dynasty ruled nepal from 1849 to 1951.

The believers of Gorakhnath were actually Gurkhas. And Gukhas are not only found in Nepal, they are in Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Assam, Kalingpong, etc. Due to same body structure!! easy hoyna sapaye ko ullu banauna..

The people of hills are the most furious fighters with very high stamina, because they live on those high and rough terrains. That's why not even Mughals or Turks or afghani could conquer Himalaya.

The point is Hill people are best known for their fighting instinct.

Those place what U write here are under Greater Nepal and was conquered by Nepalese in history. Not only on those place but in any plane in world where Nepalese live and born are Gurkha but they might not have Nepali citizenship.

Baby do U know about "Gorkha Janamukti Morcha" & baby try to google it.

Those place what U write here are under Greater Nepal and was conquered by Nepalese in history. Not only on those place but in any plane in world where Nepalese live and born are Gurkha but they might not have Nepali citizenship.

Baby do U know about "Gorkha Janamukti Morcha" & baby try to google it.
Everybody knows about GJM. They are demanding a seperate state within India and supporting BJP in this election though. So whats your point?

Interesting. I just did googling and found out that rajput rana dynasty ruled nepal from 1849 to 1951.

Do google more Ok.
For Ur information 'Bir Narsingh Kunwar' is the first ruler of Rana ruler and popularly known as Janga Bahadur Rana. The rana title was given by seeing his bravery only, he wasn't descendent of any Indian.
Learn his biography also.

U Indian used to wrote Buddha was born in India we know that. But Ur embassy have said truth some time before.
What U see good U say that is Indian that's bad habit of U, Be cured up soon, This is 21st century.

Everybody knows about GJM. They are demanding a seperate state within India and supporting BJP in this election though. So whats your point?

That not my problem that whether they support BJP or Congress or AAP or else, U just want to know where are Nepali in India and I show U and U also might see them.

That not my problem that whether they support BJP or Congress or AAP or else, U just want to know where are Nepali in India and I show U and U also might see them.
Ofcourse they are. They are Indian citizen now. And why just Nepalis, there are Parsis, Jews etc in India and all are proud Indians.

Ofcourse they are. They are Indian citizen now. And why just Nepalis, there are Parsis, Jews etc in India and all are proud Indians.

I don't know. Might Indian behavior and attitude is working for that. Respect them as Indian as U Respect Parsis and Jews as Indian. Then might be good.
But I know the behavior of Indian also, by seeing the Indian who are in Kathmandu.

Back
Top Bottom