What's new

Guardian: Long-range Iranian SAM Bavar 373 is being used by Russia against Ukraine

It just doesn't add up. Just goes to show how little the policy makers in Washington know about middle eastern affairs.

They are informed well enough to know this is utter gibberish. The purpose here is to demonize Iran in the eyes of their brainwashed, gullible audiences who've been conditioned to loathe Russia as of late, and by extension any state associated with Moscow and even more so if said state is accused of aiding Russia's war effort militarily. That's pretty much it.

Iran did not provide active assistance to Turkey during the coup attempt in Turkey.
I am not sure about anything assistance related, but I know for sure Iran was the first country in the planet that publicly voiced support for Erdogan, while your NATO allies were waiting to see if he was dead first before speaking about their position. I mean no malice or insult, but this is the truth. No one else said anything for hours during those events..

I am not sure about anything assistance related, but I know for sure Iran was the first country in the planet that publicly voiced support for Erdogan, while your NATO allies were waiting to see if he was dead first before speaking about their position. I mean no malice or insult, but this is the truth. No one else said anything for hours during those events..
don't try to argue with wannabe neo-ottoman ... and we shouldn't even vocally supported Erdogan back then ... the IRI official are bunch of old paranoid which see all action are rooted in USA and automatically condemn it ...

They see USA as God and worship it ...

don't try to argue with wannabe neo-ottoman ...
lol. I am not an Ottomanist, I am a republican. I don't care about Erdogan either. Stop tagging people for discredit, or to manipulate readers. While 95% of persians on the forum see the boundaries of 200 years ago (some ultras goes back to 2000 years also) as their natural areas of intervention, you should say a few words to your own community too, before blaming others.

TRUE. When the US-backed NATO gladio wanted to initiate a civil war attempt in the country, the Iranian government declared its support for the Turkish government. As for UNSC, China and Russia did the same. I tried to explain why in my previous message. Also, The goodwill between Iran and Turkey is mutual. Both Turkey and Iran have shown this many times in te last decade.

Last edited:
"Our overall assessment is that laser eye injuries probably occurred as a result of the use of tank-mounted laser rangefinders or other laser systems. These systems possibly were used in an offensive, anti-personnel mode, with the explicit purpose of blinding troops. Hand-held laser rangefinders and designators associated with armour or artillery could be used in an attempt to dazzle, disorient or blind personnel in low-flying aircraft (fixed or rotor wing)."Now it's the age of eye safe laser rangefinder with erbium doped phosphate galss as laser transmitters' gain media.
6220713d1498a.png
eye safe erbium doped phosphate glass

If anything Iran would supply Russia with drones, not SAMs. Russia recently delivered an S-400 system to India so it doesn't make sense. Also why the f#ck would Iran smuggle them through Iraq ? That makes zero sense for anyone who understand geography. Iran and Russia can easily transfer goods through the Caspian Sea or through Armenia via flights out of Yerevan. Drones on the other hand, that would make sense since Russians are lacking in that department, while Iran mass produces a wide variety.

Recently several military planes flew from Iran to Russia over the Caspian so obviously some exchanges took place. Maybe some military components, parts that Russia is lacking ? I mean Russia has just been sanctioned. Iran on the other hand has been sanctioned for 40 years and is used to the game, therefore has established connections and can get their hands on basically anything and everything with ease. I don't know, only time will tell.

"Call with FM Hossein Amir Abdollahian. Iran stands against Russia’s war on Ukraine, supports a diplomatic solution. Grateful to FM Abdollahian for refuting allegations of arms transfers to Russia with the help of Iranian companies, as well as for the medical team sent to Ukraine."
Iran has an anti-war position on the Ukraine issue and refuses to transfer arms. The rest are just propaganda.

Russia offered Iran to upgrade their S-300 to S-400. Iran said no. Why ? Because Turkey doesn't have the software codes for the S-400 and Russians must do the vital maintenance. That and the fact that Iran has developed Bavar-373 which is superior to S-300, made it pointless for Iran to purchase the S-400 and not even have the software codes for f#cks sake.

Sure Bavar is not as good as the S-400 but it's better than S-300 and Iran can produce it at a fraction of the cost of buying a foreign system.

look how fast Turkey got S-400

Look how fast Iran got S-300

And your memory of the 90’s is nostalgic. They were not “Russian aligned governments”. Once the Soviet empire collapsed it was chaos. Russia wasn’t even Russia at that point, let alone having any states being aligned to a Russia in chaos.

Former (Soviet) Generals and satellite states (Ukraine/Belarus) were selling high priced military items to the highest bidders because they were desperate for cash/hard currency. It was a free for fall for a period of time.

Terrible take.

You have it backwards. Russia has been USING Iran in its dealings since the 1990’s when it violated numerous arms contracts under US pressure.

And JCPOA is moving quickly because oil prices are high and China is skirting sanctions. At the same time Iran has installed advanced centrifuges and is enriching at 60%. Its program is more advanced then 2015 JCPOA signing.

Last edited:
Iran didn't shoot down that airliner on purpose. They put out a full report. They should have grounded all airplanes that night but instead they told all air defense units to NOT engage any potential targets without first receiving permission from the headquarters. Why ? Because the HQ has access to much more advanced radar systems and a broader view of everything going on. The air defense unit near the airport had parked facing the wrong direction. So they thought that the plane leaving the airport was actually a US plane / missile heading towards them. They panicked and without following orders, without receiving confirmation they shot down the plane. They have already been convicted and imprisoned and the families have been offered compensation for what happened.

Most of the families have accepted the compensation but a few holdouts are suing the Iranian government trying to say that Iran shot down the plane on purpose, completely disregarding the report. That makes ZERO sense. You know why ? Iran has the largest missile program in the region and a very potent air defense network. Everyday dozens if not hundreds of passenger planes fly over Iranian airspace. If the Iranian government wanted to they could easily shoot down countless passenger planes. However they don't. So either these Iranian family members are holding a grudge or they just want money (which is sad to say) or both.

lame bro, thats a brotherly fight, both are buddy of iran anyway, besides iran did wrong when they shoot-down ukranian airline, killing a lot of ukranian.

Iran only can help russians if NATO barge in. other wise it's their family matters.

Iran didn't shoot down that airliner on purpose. They put out a full report. They should have grounded all airplanes that night but instead they told all air defense units to NOT engage any potential targets without first receiving permission from the headquarters. Why ? Because the HQ has access to much more advanced radar systems and a broader view of everything going on. The air defense unit near the airport had parked facing the wrong direction. So they thought that the plane leaving the airport was actually a US plane / missile heading towards them. They panicked and without following orders, without receiving confirmation they shot down the plane. They have already been convicted and imprisoned and the families have been offered compensation for what happened.

Most of the families have accepted the compensation but a few holdouts are suing the Iranian government trying to say that Iran shot down the plane on purpose, completely disregarding the report. That makes ZERO sense. You know why ? Iran has the largest missile program in the region and a very potent air defense network. Everyday dozens if not hundreds of passenger planes fly over Iranian airspace. If the Iranian government wanted to they could easily shoot down countless passenger planes. However they don't. So either these Iranian family members are holding a grudge or they just want money (which is sad to say) or both.
One would have to be a really nasty, degenerate, disgusting, retarded mongoloid to believe the plane was struck purposefully! It truly makes me wonder what kind of toxic body fluids their mothers were ingesting while pregnant with them...

lame bro, thats a brotherly fight, both are buddy of iran anyway, besides iran did wrong when they shoot-down ukranian airline, killing a lot of ukranian.

Iran only can help russians if NATO barge in. other wise it's their family matters.
During the past decade, Ukrainian coup regimes have been a west puppet, and sometimes have been hostile against us too, so they weren't and wont be a buddy of Iran, in anyway. Majority of people in that flight were Iranian. some were dual national and west advertised them as their citizen.

It's in Iran's interest that Russia don't loose that war and they wont. We are netural, so our relations with both countries remain unchanged, whether in terms of military or economy.

Back
Top Bottom