What's new

Greek and Turkish jets harass each other over international waters

Greece currently accepts that its territorial waters extend 6 nautical miles from its coasts but that it does have the right extend them to 12 nautical miles. Turkey threatens that if Greece exercises this right given to it by international law, it's going to start a war. Again, a threat with no legal standing or meaning.

rom the eighteenth century until the mid twentieth century, the territorial waters of the British Empire, the United States, France and many other nations were three nautical miles (5.6 km) wide. Originally, this was the length of a cannon shot, hence the portion of an ocean that a sovereign state could defend from shore. However, Iceland claimed two nautical miles (3.7 km), Norway and Swedenclaimed four nautical miles (7.4 km), and Spain claimed 6 nautical miles (11 km; 6.9 mi) during this period. During incidents such as nuclear weapons testing and fisheries disputes some nations arbitrarily extended their maritime claims to as much as fifty or even two hundred nautical miles. Since the late 20th century the "12 mile limit" has become almost universally accepted. The United Kingdomextended its territorial waters from three to twelve nautical miles (22 km) in 1987.

That 12 miile rule has been set up for the countries like US, China, Russia etc...the country on the oceans specifically Turkey didn't signed the treaty and doesn't recognize the treaty if by some mistake one day Greece declares 12 miles territorial waters.... which makes Turkish ships can't even leave their docks....

Then Turkey would defend herself against that aggression.

greece will have full supports from china no matter what happened, it is our best buddy in europe. and I believe russia will fully support it too.

greece will have full supports from china no matter what happened, it is our best buddy in europe. and I believe russia will fully support it too.
All of humanity supports Greece in this case

As if we give a sh.it about it..:coffee:

Case 15938: Hellenic Navy harasses Turkish fishermen on the so called Greek territorial zone, a few minutes later Turkish Type 209/1400 surfaces on sea..Spartans maneuver back at full course.

1013620.jpg

54c0f218f493b81b141bc9e9

Case 15939: Hellenic Coast Guard vessel harasses Turkish commercial ships on international waters, mikes later intercepted by Turkish special operations craft (SOC) belonging to Naval Forces SAT operatives. They ran away again.

yunan-sahil-guvenlik-turk-sat-intikal-botuyla-karsilasinca-kacti_1410624_720_400.jpg

yunan-sahil-guvenligi-turk-sat-intikal-botuyla-6811413_776_m.jpg

if by some mistake one day Greece declares 12 miles territorial waters.... which makes Turkish ships can't even leave their docks..
And if Turkey declares 12 miles territorial waters than Greece ships won't be able to even leave their docks..

oh no!! lmao you guys talk as if we give the tiniest continental fvck about what any of you little chinese men say

And if Turkey declares 12 miles territorial waters than Greece ships won't be able to even leave their docks..

Nope...no such thing.

This is the current situation. (6 miles)
947px-Aegean_6_nm.svg.png

And this is what Greeks wants (12 miles)
947px-Aegean_12_nm.svg.png

This is like choking Turkey. Turkey already declared that 12 miles is Casus Belli and we will immediately invade Greece if they unilaterally declare 12 miles territorial waters.

Nope...no such thing.

This is the current situation. (6 miles)
947px-Aegean_6_nm.svg.png

And this is what Greeks wants (12 miles)
947px-Aegean_12_nm.svg.png

This is like choking Turkey. Turkey already declared that 12 miles is Casus Belli and we will immediately invade Greece if they unilaterally declare 12 miles territorial waters.
sorry sir, I didn't understand these maps.. i'm confuse with blue, white grey colors..

this is all the dirty and filthy turkeys could say. we will make sure you suffer. your end result will be go back to mountains to raise goats for a living. your big talk remind me of indians, you two should be brothers.
as the turkish guy said, nobody gives a fcuk about what chinese say :agree:

as the turkish guy said, nobody gives a fcuk about what chinese say :agree:
ya, that is why every report of you india will mention china and every speech of your mighty modi will also mention china. continue your big talk, indians.

this is all the dirty and filthy turkeys could say. we will make sure you suffer. your end result will be go back to mountains to raise goats for a living. your big talk remind me of indians, you two should be brothers.

cool story Cheng :usflag:

@Hakan

Could you address this great quality post by this cultured Chinese gentlemen :)

Back
Top Bottom