What's new

GREECE occupied 16 Turkish Islands

Is it true a newspaper of yours(greek media says it is friendly to CHP, i think it was named sozcuk) wrote yesterday that Kalimnos and Pserimos are turkish, under "greek occupation"? I found its site, but can't find the article..

Is it true a newspaper of yours(greek media says it is friendly to CHP, i think it was named sozcuk) wrote yesterday that Kalimnos and Pserimos are turkish, under "greek occupation"? I found its site, but can't find the article..
Not heard of it. Even if true though, I'm not sure why they would specify only 2 islands when in fact all the Aegean islands are Turkish via inheritance from the Ottoman Empire.

The ottoman empire is dead long time ago dude, such as the eastern roman-byzantine, the fact is even during those 2 longstanding empires they were having greek or majority of greek people on them.
Turkish/Muslim population of the islands were massacred, forced to convert and/or exiled following Greece's gaining independence from the Ottoman Empire. We will eventually take back our islands and repopulate them with Turks.

5a60ac820f25441d94b93445.jpg

Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu has proposed “making a presentation” for the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu on the issue of the status of a number of Aegean islands that are disputed between Turkey and Greece.

“If the CHP leader wants to hear the facts, he should invite me and we’ll explain about the issue of islands with the documents,” Çavuşoğlu told the Hürriyet Daily News on Jan. 18.

His call comes after a debate erupted last month when CHP leader Kılıçdaroğlu criticized President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan over his failure to raise the issue of “18 occupied islands” during his official visit to Greece.

“Why did not you talk about the 18 occupied islands? Article 12 and Article 18 of the Lausanne Treaty have been clearly violated. There are 13,000 military units and nearly 5,000 Greek troops on the islands,” Kılıçdaroğlu said on Dec. 11, 2017.

Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım responded to Kılıçdaroğlu at the time by saying the main opposition leader should ask the same question to those who “delivered” the islands to Greece.

source: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/fm...resentation-on-disputed-aegean-islands-125964

Why doesn't he just say how it is currently instead of saying Kilicdaroglu can invite him to get some answers. As a Turk I would like to know as well.

HELLAS_090_%CE%93%CE%91%CE%A5%CE%94%CE%9F%CE%A3-750x400.jpg

Greko vessel approaching to Kardak islands provocatively, has been engaged by Turkish coast guard vessel called TCG Umut !

HELLAS_090_%CE%93%CE%91%CE%A5%CE%94%CE%9F%CE%A3_%CE%A3%CE%A5%CE%93%CE%9A%CE%A1%CE%9F%CE%A5%CE%A3%CE%97.png

It seems Greks are trying to chase some benefits in Aegean with considering Afrin operation of Turkish Army.

And then what ? are you implying that if they chase benefits while we're occupied elsewhere Turkey won't draw a line afterwards and claim it back ?

That would piss me off if Turkey or RTE did that.

Nowadays are as similar as the situation before the ww1. We have two front.
Abdulhamid also cooperated with Russsians against westerns. But Russians didnt permit him to take back Aegean islands.

well, if that's the case we should build lighthouses on islands to claim them permanently.

Back
Top Bottom