What's new

Greece is in panic on impending acquisition of the F-35 by Turkey

Really ? what I see is there is First Army deployed at Istanbul protecting the straits and Thrace, Second and Third armies deployed at Central&Eastern Anatolia, Aegean army deployed at well, Aegean and Mediterranean coasts, I can't see a formation aimed the Greece :/

Its stupid to think Turkey would attack Greece, plus there is NATO factor, even if somehow another NATO country attacked you, you will have whole NATO at your back, that piss contest harms Greece while we generally don't give a sh.t.

What is there to go 'HAHAHA' on this ?

Greece is also a part of NATO and so no matter Turkey has Star Ship enterprise, NATO is not going to allow two of its own members fight.

Really ? what I see is there is First Army deployed at Istanbul protecting the straits and Thrace, Second and Third armies deployed at Central&Eastern Anatolia, Aegean army deployed at well, Aegean and Mediterranean coasts, I can't see a formation aimed the Greece :/

Its stupid to think Turkey would attack Greece, plus there is NATO factor, even if somehow another NATO country attacked you, you will have whole NATO at your back, that piss contest harms Greece while we generally don't give a sh.t.

You yourself counted four armies.

So may I ask who are they protecting Turkey from? Only Greece and Bulgaria are facing these 4 armies.

It is not a piss content. It is nothing. We were spending about 6bn a year combined maintenance and procurements. I think this is peanuts for both our budget and in comparison to turkey's. So it is not really an issue for either countries.

:)

I seriously can't understand why you think that formation is threatening Greece ? 2 armies protecting east, 2 armies protecting west, thats a natural formation.

Greece is a fairly small country with low population and small economy but she still trying to have a big army by trying to expand it even in most critical times, Greece don't really have a real threat except Aegean dispute may be and its not going to turn to a war, aerial skirmishes may be, thats what would happen in the worst times, thats all because paranoia.

Seriously what the hell are you guys planning to do with that ? :D
11334.jpg

I seriously can't understand why you think that formation is threatening Greece ? 2 armies protecting east, 2 armies protecting west, thats a natural formation.

Greece is a fairly small country with low population and small economy but she still trying to have a big army by trying to expand it even in most critical times, Greece don't really have a real threat except Aegean dispute may be and its not going to turn to a war, aerial skirmishes may be, thats what would happen in the worst times, thats all because paranoia.

Seriously what the hell are you guys planning to do with that ? :D
11334.jpg

we only have 4 or those Zubr hovercrafts and if you are asking they are intended to be used a rapid reaction force.
essentially to carry the forces that will try to retake an island. Not invade.

On the other hand turkey has a massive fleet of LCTs .

Look let us not kid one another. Both countries see each other as a threat for different reasons.

The fact that a conflict is unlikely doesn't mean that the two countries are suspicious of each other.

Yes 2 armies west to armies east. But what are the west armies protecting Turkey from?

What are the two armies in east protecting the Turkey from ? these four armies covering the whole Turkey, its a natural formation, thats really ridiculous.

Unlike the Greece, Turkey have real possible threats, and we're able to keep a big army, thats as I said not offensive but there is saying in Turkey exactly describing the Greece behaviour, "Kendi çalıp kendi oynamak" rough translate is "playing himself dancing himself"

What are the two armies in east protecting the Turkey from ? these four armies covering the whole Turkey, its a natural formation, thats really ridiculous.

Unlike the Greece, Turkey have real possible threats, and we're able to keep a big army, thats as I said not offensive but there is saying in Turkey exactly describing the Greece behaviour, "Kendi çalıp kendi oynamak" rough translate is "playing himself dancing himself"

What real possible threats? You know full well that Syria does not intend to attack Turkey (especially because it will trigger a NATO response).

Turkey should not be thinking of taking over Greece militarily. Turkey should plan to take over Greece Economically. If you own a country Economically, that is more powerful than owning it Militarily.

We have unbalanced relations with many of our neighbours, Syria for example, relations are like waves, sometimes good sometimes bad, we had to threat them with war to make them cut their support to PKK in the past, due to our presence in NATO we also haveunstable relations with Iran and Russia.

Shortly our relations are very unstaple and depends on the current foreign policies, we had good relations with Israel, now you see the situation.

We have unbalanced relations with many of our neighbours, Syria for example, relations are like waves, sometimes good sometimes bad, we had to threat them with war to make them cut their support to PKK in the past, due to our presence in NATO we also haveunstable relations with Iran and Russia.

Shortly our relations are very unstaple and depends on the current foreign policies, we had good relations with Israel, now you see the situation.

These are not random fluctuations. Clearly, a problem needs to be acknowledged when nearly every country neighboring Turkey has bad relations with it.

The Imia situation showed us that Turkey can be dangerous. Let us not forget the "sledgehammer" plans and the fragile relationships between turkey's politicians and military which led to the decimation of its highest ranks in order to protect the establishment from further coup plans.

Things are never as innocent as one wants to describe them.

What is your problem with Greece?

I have no Problem with Greece , BRO.

I love Greece and have many Greek friends.

I just don't like this enmity between Greece and Turkey.

They are two neighbours who should get along.

I have no Problem with Greece , BRO.

I love Greece and have many Greek friends.

I just don't like this enmity between Greece and Turkey.

They are two neighbours who should get along.

Yet you encourage for Turkey to establish economic hegemony over Greece. Not very friendly.

Back
Top Bottom